Magnesium Causing Gyno, How Is This Even Possible?

Lucenzo01

Your estrogen receptors are on fire. I reccomend vitamin E succinate in powder form to control it. I was extremey sensitive to any supplement before taking it.

OP
L

LambdaAlpha

This is straight out of mineral balancing: if you have underactive adrenals, magnesium can worsen symptoms. Whereas if you have overactive or normal adrenals, it is beneficial. Just a shot in the dark but try to run the 2 simple tests from here:

Thanks good info, I'll watch on break.

OP
L

LambdaAlpha

Your estrogen receptors are on fire. I reccomend vitamin E succinate in powder form to control it. I was extremey sensitive to any supplement before taking it.

How and why though? Why does mag cause this reaction? I would think I have low estrogen...considering i can gain muscle easily and i am about 11% body fat with defined features.

DaLeo

Sorry for the late reply...estrogen dominance directly causes adrenal fatigue. So lowering your estrogens will be essential. I was also shredded, but had high levels of estrogens...so don't care about being shredded anymore as it feels better to be estrogen free. According to RP, the issue is that estrogens are stored in tissue, especially in the liver. So your estrogen detox could take 1-2 years.

Here are 3 things that worked better for me than RPs carrot salad:

1. OPC to block aromatase, the enzyme that turns testosterone into estrogens. (Having trouble finding a good source in the US unfortunately. Only have some here in Germany. Rule of thumb, if its not expensive, it's only about 10% effective.) Take in the morning on an empty stomach and wait 30min before consuming anything other than water. Otherwise it's useless.

2. DIM Detox estrogens from the liver using DIM (bioresponse DIM. Ideally, make your own liposomal DIM). Coffee enemas with only 1 cup of water, 1-2TBSP coffee. Take before bed.

3. Sleeping with the sun. (I realize this is hard, but it makes a difference).

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I can't take magnesium...one of the most beneficial minerals because it causes my gyno to be resurgent/pulsate like when I took accutane (accutane was the start of my gyno at 18 years old, never had it before then) does anyone have any idea wtf is going on? Please...any advice is wanted.

Have you seen this study?
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.3109/01485018208987026
"Indirect Androgenic Control of Citrate Accumulation in Rat
Ventral Prostate"

Ulysses

Vitamin E makes you asexual? Why would that happen?

Satellite

I can't take magnesium...one of the most beneficial minerals because it causes my gyno to be resurgent/pulsate like when I took accutane (accutane was the start of my gyno at 18 years old, never had it before then) does anyone have any idea wtf is going on? Please...any advice is wanted.

Try an AI, a SERM, and turmeric to stop E and progesterone receptors.

The magnesium is boosting your hormones but your body thinks it’s pregnant.

Motif

Where is the connection of being shredded and having high estrogen? Didn't get that one.

And how long would dim take to have an effect and is it ok to take it long term?

And wouldn't progesterone help too?

Satellite

Where is the connection of being shredded and having high estrogen? Didn't get that one.

And how long would dim take to have an effect and is it ok to take it long term?

And wouldn't progesterone help too?

My assumption is that estrogen is a stress hormone.
Typically when lifters shred, they under eat and workout often.
This creates a lot of stress by forcing the body to destroy itself.

Estrogen is an interesting compound, because some of its metabolites are beneficial, some are not.
And there is still much confusion.
For example, I often see bodybuilders claim that E2 is very anabolic.

That is why I recommended a SERM, to block the bad estrogen and keep the good.

I have used DIM and felt effects immediately.
Maybe I just really needed it though?
You may not?

Progesterone is probably ok in very low doses, but only if you need it.
6-Keto P4 would be ideal as it does not convert to estrogen.
However, progesterone increases during pregnancy.
This causes increases in breast size where there are many progesterone receptors, because they need to use them for feeding the baby milk.
This is associated with gyno in men, since all humans are female, but only men have the Y chromosome.

Satellite

What did dim do for you immediately ?

I paired it with raw pine pollen powder (contains all 4 male sex hormones) and I immediately felt a change in everything.
In short, I felt far more masculine with less brain fog.
Cannot say if it was a dopamine increase or the metabolism boost for the brain fog though.
People noticed a change in my behavior and I started getting much more attention from women too.
The more masculine I make myself, the more women notice me, especially if my voice gets really deep.
Pine pollen contains androsterone and is very bioavailable.
Tongkat ali is another powerful herb for men.
Beta sitosterol too.
Those three make a very nice combo.

James ardagna

remember that magnesium increases progesterone production, there is a study somewhere on this forum that shows a strong correlation, so the gyno could be from the increase in endogenous progesterone

James ardagna

also remember that your sensitivity to progesterone is probably huge if you have been estrogen dominant, so like thyroid increases adrenalin sensitivity when you start taking a thyroid supplement, the progesterone sensitivity is huge at the start but then will taper off once oestrogen is taken care of

Jac t

How and why though? Why does mag cause this reaction? I would think I have low estrogen...considering i can gain muscle easily and i am about 11% body fat with defined features.
Did you ever try the vitamin e? Im taking magnesium glycinate with the same gyno issue, but would really want to keep taking magnesium given its great sleep improvements

Jac t

Did you have to take this long term? I'm having thr same issue and trying to figure it out

GreekDemiGod

My assumption is that estrogen is a stress hormone.
Typically when lifters shred, they under eat and workout often.
This creates a lot of stress by forcing the body to destroy itself.
You have got to be deluted thinking that jacked lifters are high E.

steel_reserve

What did dim do for you immediately ?
Start slow with DIM. It worsened my salt sensitivity and made my heart go crazy after a week or two.

Recommended it to a nurse friend and he had no issues with it.

DIM was amazing. Wish it didn't almost kill me.

GorillaHead

Started taking magensium threonate and wow am i getting serious gyno issues. Burning sensation and ittching near nipple.

stuff definitely works for sleep way too well. I am drowsy as hell. Maybe i am causing an imbalance of some sort. Glycinate never did this for me

I believe I am experiencing this right now from Magnesium Citrate just like OP (sensitive and puffy nipples).

It's either the citrate is somehow estrogenic or the magnesium is increasing DHEA and going into estrogen.

Will try glycinate for a few days to see if it causes the same, that will determine whether it is the magnesium itself or citrate salt.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals