Losing all hope here. Dandruff fiasco

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Can my retainer be the cause? Nickel allergy? Or does that not manifest as dandruff?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I hopped back on to the vitamin A train and stuck to it for a few days and honestly there is some signifiant improvement but not 100% resolution 70% improvement. Perhaps if i stay on this for a while i will see further improvement.

Greg says

I hopped back on to the vitamin A train and stuck to it for a few days and honestly there is some signifiant improvement but not 100% resolution 70% improvement. Perhaps if i stay on this for a while i will see further improvement.
I don't have dandruff but I’d get a dry scalp. I’ve been using Rosita CLO and it stopped skin shedding within a week., I wasn’t using it for that, just a side bonus. I’ve drank a couple bottles over the past two weeks, I’ve been really craving it. Very high retinol. Feel great on it.

Cloudhands

I don't have dandruff but I’d get a dry scalp. I’ve been using Rosita CLO and it stopped skin shedding within a week., I wasn’t using it for that, just a side bonus. I’ve drank a couple bottles over the past two weeks, I’ve been really craving it. Very high retinol. Feel great on it.
craving what? rosita? or matt blackburns jangus?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

If u had skin shedding on ur scalp beard or areas where hair grew. I assure u it was dandruff. When i took a megadose of retinol back in the day my scalp was painfully dry but it never shed. Desquamation and hydration are not directly correlated. Ski. Hydration also i not related to sebaceous excretion there is a study surrounding this. Both D and A regulate desquamation

Nighteyes

I remember Gbolduev saying that dandruff is caused by malassezia feeding on fat in the gut. It is my experience that dandruff always goes up when stool is greasy. Also everytime I eat wheat which generally hinders both my protein and fat digestion. This would explain why dandruff goes away for some on carnivore due to low intake of enzyme enhibitors and digestion-disrupting starches. My dandruff disappears completely when my digestion is at its best.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I remember Gbolduev saying that dandruff is caused by malassezia feeding on fat in the gut. It is my experience that dandruff always goes up when stool is greasy. Also everytime I eat wheat which generally hinders both my protein and fat digestion. This would explain why dandruff goes away for some on carnivore due to low intake of enzyme enhibitors and digestion-disrupting starches. My dandruff disappears completely when my digestion is at its best.
Research shows desquamation occurs in dandruff prone people, when exposed to oleic acid. Disrupting skin barrier. My research uncovered a study where retinol increased linoleic acid secretion ratio which would lower oleic.

also juvenile with mpb almost 40 percent of the time has sebboreic dermatitis it was the one thing that linked them besides age and mpb. retinol deficiency results in gut bleeding. I was always worried about retinol destroying my hair because of accutane studies. But I have come to realize accutane is one of many natural derivatives of retinol with various degrees of effect and type of effect. i found enough data to show that in mpb prone people accutane accelerates the Process. Building on the theory that accutane may actual block retinol metabolism.

Last edited:

SamYo123

Research shows sesquakation occurs in dandruff prone people, when exposed to oleic acid. Disrupting skin barrier. My research uncovered a study where retinol increased linoleic acid secretion ratio which would lower oleic.

also juvenile with mpb almost 40 percent of the time has sebboreic dermatitis it was the one thing that linked them besides age and mpb. retinol deficiency results in gut bleeding. I was always worried about retinol destroying my hair because of accutane studies. But I have come to realize accutane is one of many natural derivatives of retinol with various degrees of effect and type of effect. i found enough data to show that in mpb prone people accutane accelerates then Process. Building on the theory that accutane may actual block retinol metabolism.
Mine decreased by removin milk and my bowl movements seem consistent now

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Back again. Retinol. Closes up my nasal breathing.

Went back on an antihistamine and bam. Breathing is good and dandruff is gone again.

So its now abundantly clear so many of my issues are related to one thing. Histamine. Now i know i am allergic to dust a mite.

But like what could be the cause of this histamine in my beard and hair who knows.

SamYo123

Back again. Retinol. Closes up my nasal breathing.

Went back on an antihistamine and bam. Breathing is good and dandruff is gone again.

So its now abundantly clear so many of my issues are related to one thing. Histamine. Now i know i am allergic to dust a mite.

But like what could be the cause of this histamine in my beard and hair who knows.
OJ
Cheese
Meats
Coffee
Grapes
Oranges
Tomatoes
Chocolate

According to this forum these are histamine related

youngsinatra

6A739044-2A3D-4DDF-B40C-6A7878CE9157.jpeg

Excess vitamin A causes hypomethylation. (depletes SAMe, glycine, raises homocysteine, depletes B12/B9)

Impaired methylation, liver function, mineral and vitamin deficiency (and excess) cause histamine dysregulation from my experience.

I used to have terrible histamine intolerance in the past.

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

View attachment 35902
Excess vitamin A causes hypomethylation. (depletes SAMe, glycine, raises homocysteine, depletes B12/B9)

this explains why i get headaches from 10k iu of vitamin A. Good find!

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Vitamin A also causes cranial hypertension in excess. I had those very bad. But yes, headaches can also come from high histamines.
This i know but i wouldnt imagine that would happen at a dose of 10k iu? Especially of vitamin D is supplemented

youngsinatra

This i know but i wouldnt imagine that would happen at a dose of 10k iu? Especially of vitamin D is supplemented
I have seen chronic vitamin A toxicity case studies starting with „only“ 7000 IU/d in adult humans.

Having high vitamin D levels (80ng/ml) never protected me from having severe vitamin A toxicity. (108mcg/dl - normal: 30-60) This is such a falsehood that is proclaimed on this forum and that lead me into this tragedy.

youngsinatra

I have seen chronic vitamin A toxicity case studies starting with „only“ 7000 IU/d in adult humans.

Having high vitamin D levels (80ng/ml) never protected me from having severe vitamin A toxicity. (108mcg/dl - normal: 30-60) This is such a falsehood that is proclaimed on this forum and that lead me into this tragedy.

Not perfect study of course bc of pre-existing health condition, but still interesting.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Having high vitamin D levels (80ng/ml) never protected me from having severe vitamin A toxicity. This is such a falsehood that is proclaimed on this forum and that lead me into this tragedy.
Well never the less this histamine angle is significant. Not just for my dandruff but my hairfall. When dandruff stops. Hair fall stops. Mpb studies have shown cetirizine yo be effective but once u get off. Its disastrous to hair.

Mpb sufferrer have high cortisol. So i imagine cortisol rises when histamine rises. Aldosterone was also elevated.

So in the end histamine? Allergens? Gut?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Not perfect study of course bc of pre-existing health condition, but still interesting.
Interesting

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Something i noticed. I am actually flaking from every part of my body so like rub arm pits or my forearm. Flakes come off. Is this normal? I imagine it is not

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

This hopefully will be my last update.

I have tried every single vitamin and perhaps every single non herb supplement you could imagine. I have 3 boxes of hundreds of barely used supplements. Supplements i binned. I gave everything a 3-5 day test. With all my experimentation I was never able to beat this flaking.

So if oral supplements aren't going to work, the last resort was topical. I was really trying to avoid this route because I figured it was a bandaid not a cure and I was avoiding the problem. Well let me tell you, head and shoulders 10 mins on my head resulted in even more flakes. The benefit was practically zero.

Three different topical pharma grade antifungals 10 mins and very well rubbed into my scalp. Zero benefit. When I say zero benefit I mean like only 10 mins after drying off from the shower the flakes are going crazy.

I even tried condtioners and moisturizers thinking maybe just maybe I was wrong and I had dry skin. Zero benefit!

I have been suffering from dandruff for probably a decade. And only in the past two years has this accelerated. Been fighting the food fight for two years. Well today marks three days of a flake free life or to be fair a 99.9% flake free controlled free life. All Thanks to mct oil…….

I read a few posts about how people tried everything for their sebbohreic dermatitis and that nothing worked until they tried MCT oil honestly when i read that months ago I just figured its probably over exaggerated on its effects or perhaps someone was shilling it and honestly it would be a great business strategy but I have already spent thousands on thousands of dollars being a gunea pig. Whats one more thing right plus I honestly never give up. When I want something I will literally probably die trying to get whatever it is.

Not only has this unflaked me. My skin is super smooth and soft. Not oily and icky or dry. Just nice and I feel different in a good way.

I hope this is the end for me. I want to pack the supplements away. I want to be free and healthy.

For anyone reading this try the damn MCT oil keep it on for 10 mins rub it in. And after 2-3 days maybe you too can start to smell the freedom.

Out!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals