I'm Losing Hope

Xisca

I do not see the problem with good fat, because sugar alone reaches blood too much at a time, which triggers insuline.
If you mix with fat, then there is less high peak, isn't it?
I eat a lot of bananas with avocado and egg and olive oil, which makes a mayonaise, thus reduces the need of my liver to produce a lot of bile.
And I am not hungry for hours with this.
I also eat a lot of raw goat cheese.
I have better mood when I eat more cheese, and I need less meat.

Xisca

Or Yoga instead of thai boxing ?
Well, changes have to come from the instinctual part, you cannot generate them, i mean you cannot force them.
If one feels the activation just by imagining the thai boxing activity (because the activity is too fast to notice the felt sense), then it is possible to focus on it and feel a spontaneous relaxation, which is the one that is effective.
that is too short here to explain how it works! That is why I have made a specific topic about somatic experiencing.

OP
Manoko

Manoko

Still constipated and bloated like crazy, no matter what I do/try.

My metabolic rate is significantly higher as well, and it doesn't help with my bowel movements: very small lumps that are very difficult to pass through (once every 3-4 days), and I can never have a full BM because they are too small to really "push" everything.

Sorry for being graphic but that's exactly as it is.

I officially lost hope, it seems that this is my new "normal" as of now, it feels like I'll always have this ****88 up digestion/sleep.

I attached an audio clip. I'm not sure how to place it "in line" like the older version of the forum.

maybe he changed his mind

Milk with reduced fat content is required by US law to have vitamins D and A added. The vehicle used in the vitamin preparation, and the industrial contaminants in the “pure” vitamins themselves, are possible sources of allergens in commercial milk, so whole milk is the most likely to be free of allergens.

Milk in context: allergies, ecology, and some myths

tara

Milk with reduced fat content is required by US law to have vitamins D and A added. The vehicle used in the vitamin preparation, and the industrial contaminants in the “pure” vitamins themselves, are possible sources of allergens in commercial milk, so whole milk is the most likely to be free of allergens.
=/ "everyone should drink whole milk".

Some here buy whole unhomogenised milk and skim the cream off themselves; some have access to skim/1%/2% milk without added vitamins.

OP
Manoko

Manoko

Thanks to everyone who replied, even those who derailed the thread to have their discussion about milk.

kaybb

Thanks to everyone who replied, even those who derailed the thread to have their discussion about milk.
Have you tried magnesium? My doctor has recommended up to 1200mg a day, spread throughout the day.

OP
Manoko

Manoko

Have you tried magnesium? My doctor has recommended up to 1200mg a day, spread throughout the day.

Thank you for your reply.

I tried it a few months ago, and it didn't seem to help. Not at this dosage though. I still have some, I'll give it a shot.

I've lost appetite now, digestion is really bad (both when I eat, the feeling of being full comes too fast, and not having bowel movements for days, and not forming normal ones when I have them, just little olive sized balls, hard to pass through), and sleep is very bad too, waking up multiple times a night, falling back asleep, but waking up in the morning not feeling refreshed at all, with bags under my eyes.

Life has really become such a pain, I feel like there's something very wrong happening and I fear I might never come out of this, it's been maybe 6 months that I've lived this way.

=/ "everyone should drink whole milk".

Some here buy whole unhomogenised milk and skim the cream off themselves; some have access to skim/1%/2% milk without added vitamins.

U cant buy milk without added vitamins in the usa unless it is whole... Raw you can.. But has changes in bacteria content

kaybb

I tried it a few months ago, and it didn't seem to help. Not at this dosage though. I still have some, I'll give it a shot.

I've lost appetite now, digestion is really bad (both when I eat, the feeling of being full comes too fast, and not having bowel movements for days, and not forming normal ones when I have them, just little olive sized balls, hard to pass through), and sleep is very bad too, waking up multiple times a night, falling back asleep, but waking up in the morning not feeling refreshed at all, with bags under my eyes.

Life has really become such a pain, I feel like there's something very wrong happening and I fear I might never come out of this, it's been maybe 6 months that I've lived this way.
You are very sick, and suffering 6 months with this has got to be terrible. My opinion, you need a really good doctor or some medical help while you are trying to figure out correct diet. It is so discouraging and down right sad to hear forum members bad experiences with doctors. On a positive, I have a good doctor who works with me continually trying to find answers whether it's diet, supplements, medicine, etc... Just a mention of this in case it can give you some hope in finding some help.

kaybb

Maybe you already mentioned this and maybe it is not Peaty but there are some good over the counter stool softeners that have saved me after surgeries. Might help short term while you are finding the root problem.

Dopamine

Milk and juice didn't work for me.

The diet that improved my health was mostly steak sandwiches with taurine after meals (to improve fat and protein digestion by stimulating more bile) and then just enough juice or water to satisfy actual thirst (basically eating like a normal person). It's what felt right, so I just went with it.

I think for some people who have been on low calorie/carb/fasting diets + hard exercise for a long time, calorie dense food is necessary to maximize absorption and handle fluids.

So in my experience that looks like refined starch or sugar with refined saturated fat and a dense protein source (protein powders if necessary). You would think this would give you insulin resistance, but for me it was the only eating style that allowed me to fully digest most of what I eat and protect it from from fermentation.

Later on less calorie dense foods like milk, juice, fruit, or low fat starch meals can work beautifully, but I think for many denser calories is key after a long period of stress.

Some people need to eat very high calorie for a month or more (4000+ calories), but just keeping calories very dense I did fine on 2500-3000 calories in four smaller meals, but that was with little exercise except for walking daily and eventually short strength training sessions.

:goodpost

I recommend reading Matt Stones books/articles if you haven't already:
180DegreeHealth - Home of Matt Stone & Dr Garrett Smith

"Diet Recovery" in particular would be a good book for you to read.

Ray says he doesn't recommend any particular diet but to eat to raise metabolism. Most peoples interpretation of his work is to start drinking gallons of milk, OJ, and coffee... This will not work for most people but I think it is a good maintenance diet for those who are already healthy. I have been feeling much better lately since I started ignoring the general health advice of this forum and eating whatever I feel like. I only avoid vegetable oil and high PUFA foods like peanut butter... Go wild eating comfort foods for a few days and see if anything improves. That's just my advice based on what worked for me. I just finished eating 3 turkey sandwiches, and a bowl of homemade macaroni and cheese and my metabolism is now extremely high and I feel very warm and pleasant. Coffee, Niacinamide, Aspirin, and vitamin E can help compensate for an "imperfect diet" so you can let loose a little while metabolism increases. Focus on cravings and eat calorically dense foods. Only drink or eat watery fruit when thirsty.

Here are some relevant quotes from Ancel Keys Minnesota starvation study:

"Enough food must be supplied to allow tissues destroyed during starvation to be rebuilt … our experiments have shown that in an adult man no appreciable rehabilitation can take place on a diet of 2000 calories [actually 2000 kcal (8368 kJ)] a day. The proper level is more like 4000 [4000 kcal (16,736 kJ)] daily for some months. The character of the rehabilitation diet is important also, but unless calories are abundant, then extra proteins, vitamins and minerals are of little value (20)."

"Initially the lowest energy group received 2200 kcal (9205 kJ), only about 400 kcal (1674 kJ) more than in semistarvation, but Keys eventually increased this number when the men were not showing marked signs of improvement. The men reported that reduced dizziness, apathy, and lethargy were the first signs of recovery, but that feelings of tiredness, loss of sex drive, and weakness were slow to improve (3). Robert McCullagh noted that he could tell he was beginning to recover when his sense of humor finally returned."

Last edited:

Bodhi

Manoko

Step one : read the book cleanse and purify thyself

Whole Body Detox and Cleanse Systems | Arise & Shine

This is NOT just an enema it's a very deep intestinal cleansing

Step two :
While on it or after do the Andreaz Moritz galbladder/liver flush

The Amazing Liver & Gallbladder Flush: Andreas Moritz: 9780976571506: Amazon.com: Books

After all this build up slowly with fruits and see how you go, slowly add carby foods and protein Peat Inspired

Note: The so called chomper product which loosens up your mucoid plaque build up contains Cascara my advise is to take this product on going (pre-during and post) cleansing until regularity is restored.

OP
Manoko

Manoko

You are very sick, and suffering 6 months with this has got to be terrible. My opinion, you need a really good doctor or some medical help while you are trying to figure out correct diet. It is so discouraging and down right sad to hear forum members bad experiences with doctors. On a positive, I have a good doctor who works with me continually trying to find answers whether it's diet, supplements, medicine, etc... Just a mention of this in case it can give you some hope in finding some help.

Thanks for your help.
My family doctor isn't very knowledgeable and I don't trust him much to be honest.

:goodpost

I recommend reading Matt Stones books/articles if you haven't already:
180DegreeHealth - Home of Matt Stone & Dr Garrett Smith

"Diet Recovery" in particular would be a good book for you to read.

Ray says he doesn't recommend any particular diet but to eat to raise metabolism. Most peoples interpretation of his work is to start drinking gallons of milk, OJ, and coffee... This will not work for most people but I think it is a good maintenance diet for those who are already healthy. I have been feeling much better lately since I started ignoring the general health advice of this forum and eating whatever I feel like. I only avoid vegetable oil and high PUFA foods like peanut butter... Go wild eating comfort foods for a few days and see if anything improves. That's just my advice based on what worked for me. I just finished eating 3 turkey sandwiches, and a bowl of homemade macaroni and cheese and my metabolism is now extremely high and I feel very warm and pleasant. Coffee, Niacinamide, Aspirin, and vitamin E can help compensate for an "imperfect diet" so you can let loose a little while metabolism increases. Focus on cravings and eat calorically dense foods. Only drink or eat watery fruit when thirsty.

Here are some relevant quotes from Ancel Keys Minnesota starvation study:

"Enough food must be supplied to allow tissues destroyed during starvation to be rebuilt … our experiments have shown that in an adult man no appreciable rehabilitation can take place on a diet of 2000 calories [actually 2000 kcal (8368 kJ)] a day. The proper level is more like 4000 [4000 kcal (16,736 kJ)] daily for some months. The character of the rehabilitation diet is important also, but unless calories are abundant, then extra proteins, vitamins and minerals are of little value (20)."

"Initially the lowest energy group received 2200 kcal (9205 kJ), only about 400 kcal (1674 kJ) more than in semistarvation, but Keys eventually increased this number when the men were not showing marked signs of improvement. The men reported that reduced dizziness, apathy, and lethargy were the first signs of recovery, but that feelings of tiredness, loss of sex drive, and weakness were slow to improve (3). Robert McCullagh noted that he could tell he was beginning to recover when his sense of humor finally returned."

I've been trying to follow this for the past week, and it hasn't helped.
Thanks a lot for your advice though.

Manoko

Step one : read the book cleanse and purify thyself

Whole Body Detox and Cleanse Systems | Arise & Shine

This is NOT just an enema it's a very deep intestinal cleansing

Step two :
While on it or after do the Andreaz Moritz galbladder/liver flush

The Amazing Liver & Gallbladder Flush: Andreas Moritz: 9780976571506: Amazon.com: Books

After all this build up slowly with fruits and see how you go, slowly add carby foods and protein Peat Inspired

Note: The so called chomper product which loosens up your mucoid plaque build up contains Cascara my advise is to take this product on going (pre-during and post) cleansing until regularity is restored.

I'm not sure I want to blindly follow any protocol anymore, but thank you very much for the help.
I also don't believe much in detox diets and things like that.

OP
Manoko

Manoko

At this point I haven't had a BM for days and I don't feel the urge to have one either, my sleep is still broken (waking up times and times again during the night) and I just woke up this morning with the headache and feeling of mental tiredness that I've had every single day now, for months.

I can't function properly anymore.

I also have my right lymph nodes in the neck swollen for some reason, for months now too. The left ones aren't swollen, just the right ones.
A year ago I tried following a supplement protocol to halt hairloss, and I took a lot of minerals in very big doses for weeks. Maybe I destroyed my body this way, and created imbalances that I can't balance anymore. It definitely feels like it.

It's not been going great in my life these past few years, unrelated problems, but my body giving up in the past few months has really added to the sentiment that my life isn't really worth living.
I won't choose to be that sick all my life, if I can't figure it out I won't decide to live no matter what.

Lecarpetron

Manoko, Sorry to read about your troubles. Just wanted to put in 2 cents, insomnia/digestion are my two big issues too. Digestion I have under control, I believe mostly on account of 500 mg Mg citrate and 750 mg Niacinamide before bed. Before I found RP, I did also experience good digestion with the Fiber Menace guy's Colorectal Recovery Program. Even if you don't choose to try it, you may want to look up the components and compare/contrast to what you have tried already. I pooped rocks for 30 years; things can change.

Insomnia I have not fixed. Just tried cypro for first time last night, instantly drowsy but did not fall asleep until 4:30.

Dopamine

Have you tried Tianeptine (Stablon), Cyproheptadine, or Ritanserin?

Also if you haven't tried it- I would recommend a high carb/low fat diet consisting mostly of boiled starches and fruit with adequate calories, protein, and salt. No oils. Matt Stones approach hasn't worked for me either but one thing I did learn from him is to not be afraid of starch. I find starch to be a very metabolically stimulating food when cooked properly (boiled well) and consumed with some fructose. Westside PUFAs has some great posts on the forum about starch/carbs that are worth looking at. He has a great interpretation of Peats work in my opinion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals