1. LGS1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Handheld Device
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Anything That Lowers Adrenaline But DOESN'T Lower Cortisol?

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by firebreather, Oct 9, 2017.

1. firebreather

firebreather Member

I've tried cypro many times in tablet and liquid form and after a night or two it actually seems to make my sleep worse. I've tried taking it at various times from 5pm to 10pm in varying doses.

My conclusion is that my cortisol is getting to low at night.

I say this because I've had my cortisol tested a few different times by blood serum, saliva and urine and every time it was either normal or low.

At my most stressed state it was barely out of single digits for the entire day.

It's almost as if for me when I'm really stressed adrenaline rises but cortisol lowers instead of both rising.

I seem to get the same result when I do mindfulness meditation before bed. Mindfulness meditation has been show to lower cortisol. Every time I've tried it before bed I end up having very fitful sleep.

2. fradon

fradon Member

CPA can also cause adrenal insufficiency

that's your answer

3. OP
    firebreather

firebreather Member

I don't know what cpa is

Care to elaborate?

4. brocktoon

brocktoon Member

CPA, huh? Fradon
    Looks like CPA is the drug cyproterone acetate. Cyproterone acetate - Wikipedia

5. Pointless

Pointless Member

Maybe he thinks that cypro means cyproterone acetate, but it's Cyproheptadine.

6. fradon

fradon Member

I think histamine might lower adrenaline

7. OP
    firebreather

firebreather Member

don't you mean anti-histamine?

8. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere Member

9. OP
    firebreather

firebreather Member

10. fradon

fradon Member

no adrenaline is a catemeline hormone produced by methylation. Histamine and Methylation antagonize each other. So by raising histamine you can lower methylation...infact in order to test your methylation levels they do a histamine test.

11. OP
    firebreather

firebreather Member

Then why do anti-histamines drugs lower adreanline?

12. fradon

fradon Member

13. fradon

fradon Member

because they stop the body from being in crisis

your body uses adrenaline like epipen to bring down allergy attacks produced by histamine...in fact benedryl raises something called DAO which breaks down histamine. People who suffer from allergy attacks have problems with their adrenal output not enough adrenaline to bring down histamine. their body floods with adrenaline but its not enough so they need an adrenaline shot or epipen when the crisis is over the body stop producing adrenaline because the danger is over so you calm down.

14. Elchapchapchapo

Elchapchapchapo Member

fructose may be worth a shot, youd have to see how fructose affected you, and inosine is known to knock out adrealine, something like mike tyson they called it

15. OP
    firebreather

firebreather Member

I've tried Inosine a couple times and it didn't do a thing. I've tried Fructose before for metabolism but it really bothered my stomach. I'll give Taurine a shot. My wife swears that she can only drink coffee if she drinks it with Taurine

16. DuggaDugga

DuggaDugga Member

CHRONIC INSOMNIA AND STRESS SYSTEM
    I doubt your cortisol is going too low, if such a thing is even possible. There are countless studies linking the de-energized, excited/hyper-aroused state of hypercortisolemia to sleep loss. In a normal circadian rhythm cortisol begins rising in the early morning, at least partially due to glycogen depletion (sleep is effectively fasting for ~8 hours). I don't think you'd want to raise your cortisol and effectively stimulate the "waking state", if you will.

17. OP
    firebreather

firebreather Member

I doubt you know what you're talking about.

I never said I wanted to raise my cortisol either, I said I don't want to take substances that lower it

18. Elchapchapchapo

Elchapchapchapo Member

Too low of cortisol does exist, I'll have to see if I can find the evidence backing this up and post later

19. marsaday

marsaday Member

What is your thyroid status ?

Low thyroid patients produce low levels of cortisol. the two hormones work together.

Many low thyroid patients have difficulty sleeping and tend to have adrenaline bursts.

So thyroid hormone taken at bedtime (the best time to take it as this is when we make our thyroid hormones) could work well. Even a small 25mcg T4 could help and it wouldn't interfere with your own production feedback system.

Also progesterone would be good. Specifically ProgestE. This will help balance cortisol and so take away the adrenaline. If you are peeing frequently this is a sign you are running on adrenaline and is common at night time.

20. OP
    firebreather

firebreather Member

Thyroid could be better but it's been worse, but I'm also taking 3 grains of NDT. I've tried just about everything Peat recommended.

I've tried the t4 before bed and can't say it did much. I've also tried ProgestE.

Last week I cut way back on my fluid intake and much of the time I'm able to only urinate every 4 hours but it's not easy. With this I've noticed that I can make it till about 5am while sleeping until I have to urinate. Sometimes I still wake up and sometimes I don't.