Need To Urinate Preventing Deep Sleep

OP
M

metabolizm

UPDATE: Still dealing with this problem, and not really any wiser. Peeing like normal during the day, and during the wee hours, but everything seems to slow down in the evening, even if I keep drinking. Maddening. No pain, no obvious swelling.

BearWithMe

UPDATE: Still dealing with this problem, and not really any wiser. Peeing like normal during the day, and during the wee hours, but everything seems to slow down in the evening, even if I keep drinking. Maddening. No pain, no obvious swelling.
Thank you for the update! Hope it will get better soon.

You mentioned severe anxiety at the beginning of the thread, did you resolved the reason for your anxiety? Have you tried meditation?

OP
M

metabolizm

Anxiety is still a problem, and has been for years. Meditation does help.

OP
M

metabolizm

And does it also help with the urination? Are you aware of the reasons for your anxiety?

It helps with the anxiety a bit, but it doesn't seem to help with the evening urination.

I am, however, considering the possibility that my inability or urge to pee in the evening might be related to anxiety. It's just weird that it would only happen at that time.

My anxiety is very deeply rooted and can mainly be traced to a trauma from several years back. I've tried different therapies. The only thing I haven't really tried is SSRI medication!

OP
M

metabolizm

UPDATE: my gut inflammation seems to be worst in the evening, so there might be a correlation there. Perhaps I'll have to go easy on the starches for a bit. I've been eating more wheat than normal.

OP
M

metabolizm

UPDATE: the problem continues. It's the strangest thing. I don't even feel sick or in pain, but I suddenly lose the urge to pee after about 5pm. If I go to the toilet, a dribble is the most I can manage. It's not until I've been asleep for a while that the urge to pee returns. It's as though I'm not producing urine at a certain time of day - who knows why.

Terma

That can be a million things. Any labs? What else happens around 5pm?

OP
M

metabolizm

No labs, sorry. I just stop needing to urinate. For hours and hours. At best I can force out a dribble. No pain, no apparent inflammation. Just the complete loss of urge to urinate. Doesn't normally return until about 1am, after I've been sleeping for a bit. This has only been happening for a week or so. At the end of last year I had similar problems, although I think it wasn't only happening in the evening. Then eventually it went away.

I had a period of terrible anxiety about a fortnight ago, which has basically passed, but I'm wondering if that was what caused this. I'm not sure why it would specifically effect my bladder though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terma

Well all I can tell you is bladder voiding is tightly related to TRP/Ca2+ channels (blockers both help and aggravate nocturia) - meaning basically anything causes it, whether local or remote inflammation or other - and I'd recommend to get checked cause kidneys are important - but I suppose you might have digestive/circulatory issue causing exaggerated serotonin response around 5pm, and serotonin can increase vasopressin, which seems to kick in too early? - but I'm not sure the magnitude of that increase. Roughly what they said. Enough Na+ but sometimes you need a non-Cl- form (sodium citrate, acetate, ascorbate, etc.). Histamine, acetylcholine, etc.
EFFECTS OF ORAL MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE ON URINARY SYMPTOMS IN URGE INCONTINENT WOMEN

OP
M

metabolizm

@Terma thank you for your suggestions. My salt intake is relatively high. I suppose I could take some cyproheptadine around 5pm and see if that makes any difference.

OP
M

metabolizm

UPDATE: Ray's thoughts, based on the assumption that the prostate is not enlarged: Normally, the antidiuretic hormone rises for the 8 hours of sleep, yours might be starting 5 or 6 hours early. It’s influenced by vitamins, hormones, and stress; good nutrition and low stress can change it.

I have been very stressed lately.

yerrag

The urination pattern deserves a closer look, since there is a variation that you can be able to link to a variable.

Just to be sure, you don't urinate a lot during the day but it crawls to a halt by 8 pm. Then when you go to bed, you begin waking up starting 2 am, and this would happen 3 more times before you wake up?

And your urination volume is large each time?

OP
M

metabolizm

@yerrag no, I pee normally, even copiously, during the day and during the night, but there's this window between roughly 5pm and 1am where I am either not producing enough urine or something is obstructing the flow. The former seems more likely because I don't have much of an urge to urinate during that window. I think when there's an obstruction, typically, you need to go but can't get it out, or it only comes out in dribbles (which sounds awful).

yerrag

Thanks. Since you're urinating copiously in the urinating hours, I hesitate to think that it would be due to having acidic extracellular fluids as when I was acidic, I've always had the urge to urinate even with little urine coming out. Still, you may want to check your urine pH and then do some experiments with intake of baking soda, etc. and then graph it. Like what I did before:

upload_2020-4-27_17-0-41.png

As you can see, my urine pH was getting acidic quickly as the day goes. My urine pH test strip only goes from 5.5 to 8 pH. Ideal urine pH ranges from 6.4 - 6.8, which maps to an ecf pH around the ideal 7.4.

I don't know if your urination rate would be affected by your urine pH, but if you made a graph, it may give you some answers.

OP
M

metabolizm

@yerrag I hadn't even considered this, so thanks for the suggestion.

@ecstatichamster there's no harm in trying. I haven't had much success with a cloth bag, though - it just doesn't feel right when it isn't expanding and contracting. I think too much CO2 gets lost. And a paper bag is surprisingly hard to get a hold of.
Could you tell me a bit more about how to get the most from bag breathing?

LUH 3417

Do you have a BM in the evening?

if I have 2-3 BMs a day, with at least one of them being after dinner, I don’t wake up to pee. For me it’s like the pressure of having to poop makes me feel like I have to pee. I end up getting up and urinating several times a night on days I don’t do #2 after dinner.

OP
M

metabolizm

Do you have a BM in the evening?

if I have 2-3 BMs a day, with at least one of them being after dinner, I don’t wake up to pee. For me it’s like the pressure of having to poop makes me feel like I have to pee. I end up getting up and urinating several times a night on days I don’t do #2 after dinner.

Almost never have a BM in the evening. Usually once a day before lunchtime.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals