Waking up tired and sore

barbwirehouse

For the past few weeks I've been waking tired and sore, even with 8-9 hours of sleep.

I sleep on a bed, on my right side with the air conditioned running at 22 celsius. I wake up with a temperature around 37.5ish celsius. I also have stomach discomfort and burp a bit in the morning but not in other times of the day, I'm not sure why.

I've eating a pretty peat diet for a while now and have been lifting weights+doing some cardio.

Any ideas? :barf

tara

Have you spelled out your current diet somewhere recently that you can point us to?
Are you getting regular daylight/sunlight?
Have you tried putting a glass of OJ by the bed to drink when you first wake up in the morning, before you rise?

OP
B

barbwirehouse

tara said:
Have you spelled out your current diet somewhere recently that you can point us to?
Are you getting regular daylight/sunlight?
Have you tried putting a glass of OJ by the bed to drink when you first wake up in the morning, before you rise?

This is what I've been eating.
>Protein
Every day I eat up about 700 milliliters of low fat milk, 120 grams greek yogurt and 30g cheese. 100-200 grams of beef or lamb a day usually with gelatin if it's a low-gelatin cut/meal. I usually eat 2 eggs for breakfast on a piece of white bread toast with a glass orange juice+gelatin. I eat low-fat seafood sometimes like oysters and prawns.
>Carbs
Fruits, honey, orange juice, potatoes, ice cream, chocolate, etc. I live where honey is abundant so i usually eat 2-3+ tablespoons a day.
>Fat
Refined coconut oil, butter, beef tallow
>Fruit & vegetables
Most fruits apart from a few. Spinach, white potatoes, bulbs and a few fruit-vegetables.
>Treats&snacks
Ice cream (2 scoops)
Milk chocolate (50 grams or so)
Beef jerky (1 oz)
>Allowed in moderation
White rice
Popcorn
Masa harina flour
Some refined wheat
>What I avoid
Nuts and seeds
Fatty fish
Legumes
Grains (apart from the ones listed above)
Polyunsaturated fat

Yes I have.
No I haven't, I'll try that.

Sheila

Hi Barbwirehouse
If I wake up tired and sore it's usually, for me, a magnesium issue.
I usually take glycinate form (kirkman), (about to trial Swanson's malate) and just double the dose before bed if this happens and usually, voila.
I hope that helps you too.
Sheila

BingDing

Sore muscles always makes me think minerals, potassium and magnesium in particular. It always seems to work for me.

tara

For me, some of the things I can identify that I think have helped me improve the quality of my sleep include:
Eating enough.
More sugar and less starch.
Eating a good part of my food morning - midday, and lighter later. But still something sweet before sleep.
Salt generously.
CO2: keeping my mouth shut at night. Sometimes put a cloth over my head as I go to sleep.
Decaf coffee. Full caffeine coffee seems to make me sleep very deeply but wake up depleted.
Progest-E
Possibly B-vits morning and evening are helping.

Sheila and BingDing's potassium and magnesium suggestions sound good too.

OP
B

barbwirehouse

Thanks the advice everyone, I took your advice, took a magnesium supplement and drunk a glass of orange juice as soon as waking up.

I felt a lot more energized this morning, sadly, still burping and belching with an uncomfortable stomach which has been going on for a while. I had a blood test a test for gardia, the blood test showed normal results and the test for gardia turned up negative.

So I'm really perplexed as to why I'm burping and belching, and only in the morning. Overproduction of acid in the stomach maybe?

Bluebell

Hi barb,

I used to get burping/belching, painful tummy and for me it was coconut oil (even refined). It's quite rare to be intolerant to it, but it seems that's me.

So it could be worth cutting out the coconut oil for a couple of weeks and seeing if it helps or not. (for me it took 1-2 weeks for my tum to calm down again)