I'm Losing Hope

Brian

Milk and juice didn't work for me.

The diet that improved my health was mostly steak sandwiches with taurine after meals (to improve fat and protein digestion by stimulating more bile) and then just enough juice or water to satisfy actual thirst (basically eating like a normal person). It's what felt right, so I just went with it.

I think for some people who have been on low calorie/carb/fasting diets + hard exercise for a long time, calorie dense food is necessary to maximize absorption and handle fluids.

So in my experience that looks like refined starch or sugar with refined saturated fat and a dense protein source (protein powders if necessary). You would think this would give you insulin resistance, but for me it was the only eating style that allowed me to fully digest most of what I eat and protect it from from fermentation.

Later on less calorie dense foods like milk, juice, fruit, or low fat starch meals can work beautifully, but I think for many denser calories is key after a long period of stress.

Some people need to eat very high calorie for a month or more (4000+ calories), but just keeping calories very dense I did fine on 2500-3000 calories in four smaller meals, but that was with little exercise except for walking daily and eventually short strength training sessions.

Last edited:

Parsifal

I'm constipated due to lack of bile production/flow. How looks your poop? Normal brownish color? Or green/pale? Any tension/pressure under right ribs in the gallbladder area?
Interesting, what could be the cause of low bile production and gallbladder spasms?

YuraCZ

Interesting, what could be the cause of low bile production and gallbladder spasms?
In my case it's crazy high estradiol for years and as you know estrogen can ****88 up liver detox pathways - bile production and flow pretty easily..

Parsifal

In my case it's crazy high estradiol for years and as you know estrogen can ****ed up liver detox pathways - bile production and flow pretty easily..
Interesting, thanks! I can still get spasms when I don't eat enough fibers.

YuraCZ

Interesting, thanks! I can still get spasms when I don't eat enough fibers.
Btw by far most effective thing for liver detox and bile flow, gallbladder cleanse is coffee enema. Maybe its not in Peat protocol, but it really works. It's not like drinking coffee. It has completely different effect on the body..

[ moderator edit: disussion about coffee enema moved to thread Coffee Enema ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Luann

For whatever this is worth.

Think back to your first Pandora station or any time you had an opportunity to, like, develop your interests in an area but weren't quite sure what you liked. Chances are your first station or playlist or whatever, if you looked back on it now, it's mostly not really your interests, but a mash of everyone who influenced you at that time: high school friends, ur dad or mom if you were young enough, not really YOUR tastes. What happened in the time period that you got to be much better at knowing what you really liked? You just practiced listening to yourself. Well, your body and diet is like that, the more you try to listen to it and narrow it down to what you like and what treats you right in return, the better you'll get.

It's not like ten months down the road you'll look around yourself and realize that you truly ruined your health by trying to listen to your body. Practice will only make yourself better, sometimes it takes keeping a food log, sometimes, you can hone your instinct by just asking yourself what you crave or like. But you will get there, your body is way smarter than you think it is

Parsifal

Parasites can cause this too...speaking from experience.

Do you have your appendix Parsifal?
No, don't have my appendix. I got an endotoxin poisoning 4 years ago while taking antibiotics for lyme Worse After Antibiotics: Precipitating Endotoxin Release? and since then, I can have spasms in the liver from times to times (generally I don't have it anymore).
I don't think this is a parasite because I've done parasites cleanses and even took flagyl and had stool testing showing nothing. But I know that the spasm can become really worse when I eat PUFA.

Dopamine

Back on topic...

I think the right dose of caffeine and aspirin will help/cure most problems. These are Peat staples that people need to take more advantage of. There are few substances that Peat has such high opinions of as to devote an entire article to them. Caffeine and aspirin are 2 of them. There is an initial stress response to caffeine but you adapt within several days.

Carbohydrates and GABA agonists help caffeine tolerance.
Vitamin K and glycine help aspirin tolerance.

Caffeine, K2, aspirin, and glycine are all very good for your liver as well.

Last edited:

Lucenzo01

I'm not an expert and my health is still not even good, but I'm going to give my two cents. I have been feeling hopelessly for a long time, like you, and I have tried everything in this hearth to improve my condition. The things that have worked for me are: vitamin D, white sugar, tobacco and increasing meal frequency and calorie consumption, including grains. Good luck.

tara

By following "Peat inspired food", I was mainly referencing this post (and the image that comes with it).
There's lots of good info on that thread, but if it's not working for you - ie improving things - then maybe you will do better including other food too. I'd still favour keeping PUFAs low.

I've been doing it for over a month now, and you're right I didn't measure temperatures, I was doing it by "feeling" (to see if I feel better this way and if it solves my symptoms).
I've been adding and removing things on and off to try and pinpoint things that worked best and things that don't, I need to do this with milk (as you said) for example because it is a common allergen as I've read and maybe it doesn't help my digestive problems or my metabolism as a whole.
Peat has suggested that people can sometimes get their systems to adapt to milk by introducing it very gradually - eg 1/4 cup with meals, after a while, if OK, increased to 1/2 a cup. Personally, after trying lots more milk (I love it), I still haven't found a way to be able to handle very much of it.

How much I'm eating in a day ? Probably around 2000-2500 calories, since the addition of sugared orange juice and sugared whole milk too.
If this is an increase from what you were eating before - eg if you were eating less than 2000 cals before adding the sugared OJ and milk, then the severe undereating could be a major contributor to your health issues. Even 2500 cals is a lot less than what most men in their early twenties need to run a healthy metabolism. Energy deficit from chronic undereating commonly has effects like reduced gut peristalsis (slows down for lack of energy and also to allow system to extract more nourishment from food before excreting), reduced metabolism, fatigue and low mood, hair-loss, slow healing.
Here is a related thread: Recovery From Undereating - Youreatopia

About magnesium, I've thought about it and I have magnesium citrate in supplement form. I've tried popping a pill (400mg) with a meal but it didn't change much, or maybe I should try it more. My feeling is that, with broccoli and spinach being part of my diet (at least once a week each), I may have enough stores of magnesium from diet anyway.
When metabolism is low, as it seems yors might be, it is apparently harder to retain magnesium, easier to get into deficit, and more may be needed daily to replenish. Greens 2-3 times a week may well be doing you good, but may not be enough. It might be worth continuing that magnesium supplement daily for a while and assessing after a couple of weeks, rather than after just a day or two. Citrate isn't Peat's preferred form, but if you need the Mg, its' probably better than nothing.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply.

I've been doing Oxidal topically since recently, for a bit more than a week now. (With MitoLipin too).

Sometimes it helps for an hour, and a feel a bit warmer, but sometimes it doesn't.
It's a hit or miss so far, which points me to the idea that there is something impairing my metabolism as a whole, it's not sluggish but "blocked", if it makes any sense.

I bought incandescent light bulbs recently to try it, while my halogen was still working I tried it and it helped me feel warmer and have more energy (but didn't solve my problems).

As for the bacterial problem, I took very recently two weeks of antibiotics, because I had to treat a tooth canal infection (which wasn't painful but there was a sign that the jaw bone lost mineralization, so it's imperative to clean it).
But it didn't change a thing, as far as digestion goes. I thought about this too and was excited to finally get rid of my digestive problems thanks to this, but it didn't help.

Thanks again, I'm of course open for other suggestions !
And it helps reading people having a similar situation and getting out of it.

I'll definitely try the ice cream too.

1) I've been eating potatoes non-stop, since it was a part of all the diets I tried over the years.
As for milk, it's only since I've come to try a pear way of eating. I've always been cautious about "inflammatory foods", as I read about A1 milk being a probable cause for inflammation in the body. I'm not sure if it's true or not.

2) I've been constipated for as long as I can remember. But it got worse before I started eating a pear inspired diet.
But maybe it is linked/doesn't help. What's your thought on this ?

Thanks for the reply as well !

potatoes?? no no no no no no no... fungus overload my dude.. danny roddy says NO.

i'm going through the same thing as you..... here's what i've been doing lately that's been making a world of differnce...

first of all, i am hypersenstive to more than i ever thought i was. start doing everything out of glasses.. no more buying stuff from the store that is not in GLASS..

yes.. buy the A2 milk... whole foods sells it.. it's called traderspoint milk.. it comes in a glass jar... buy it.

buy a juicer... buy oragnic valencia oragnes from whole foods... juice them and fill them inside the glass jar to reuse it.

buy a glass sports water bottle from target...

GET BLOOD WORK DONE... cholesterol, prolactin, vitamin D..... cholesterol should be 200+... prolactin shold be below 7... vitamin D between 50 and 60...

coffee.. get a coffee machine at wal mart.. they are like literally 7 dollars... buy organic darkest roast possible... make it and put it inside one of thoes glass jars for the next day.... MAGNESIUM AND CALCIUM LOWER PROLACTIN...

all that stuff... it should help you a lot... at least it did for me.... with leeching plastic, non A2 milk, orange juice not working... .basically allergic to everything.. i feel way way way more clear headed lately....

move from there... but that is a good starting point.. trust me... look at my thread history.. i have 7+ months of thread that looks exactly like this.. tara and charlie and blossom can confirm that...

i have not solved it all the way.. but i swaear, i am doing way way better than before...

oh yeah.. one more thing... GRASS FED BEEF from whole foods.... your welcome... no, not regular beef, ever, i dont care what anyone says...

dude you literally sound exactly like me.... and you are constipated... i have the same problems... lol. for the constipation.. st\i think it is a lack of magnesium. if you can handle magnesium, then supplement it, i dont think me personally i cant handle it.. i drink coffee.. danny roddy says he drinks 4 strong cups a day

oh yeah... dont take any of the vitamins internally anymore... rub it on your skin if you need to take it...

i think you have the same problem as me... i think you are hypersenstivie to chemicals...

Makrosky

Haidut mentioned in a thread somewhere that bile release triggers serotonin. But I'm not sure taking Ox Bile would do the same. It does often trigger bowel movements when taken with food (at least for myself), but I'm not sure that means it triggers serotonin release. And I'm sure that it's beneficial for excreting toxins in the bile and getting rid of old bile. So really, I guess I'm open to hearing more thoughts about Ox Bile supplementation.
Well, I think if you don't have a gallbladder you have much less bile and that can cause SIBO/Endotoxin problems and stuff. So Ox Bile is probably good but I never read haidut or Peat commenting on it so I'm not sure. By the way : MCTs (ie coconut oil) do not need bile to be digested :):

DaveFoster

Many have your same problems. Part of it is not consuming enough calories, and the other part is having factors that negatively influence your thyroid function.

Cyproheptadine can help you eat more, as well as lower most sympathetic hormones. Honestly, eating delicious food can take you a long way, but I personally don't.

If your pulse and temperature are low, then fix that. If you're still having problems after you have a pulse of 80-90 and temperature of 98.6-99.4, then you can move to deal with any additional problems.

EIRE24

potatoes?? no no no no no no no... fungus overload my dude.. danny roddy says NO.

i'm going through the same thing as you..... here's what i've been doing lately that's been making a world of differnce...

first of all, i am hypersenstive to more than i ever thought i was. start doing everything out of glasses.. no more buying stuff from the store that is not in GLASS..

yes.. buy the A2 milk... whole foods sells it.. it's called traderspoint milk.. it comes in a glass jar... buy it.

buy a juicer... buy oragnic valencia oragnes from whole foods... juice them and fill them inside the glass jar to reuse it.

buy a glass sports water bottle from target...

GET BLOOD WORK DONE... cholesterol, prolactin, vitamin D..... cholesterol should be 200+... prolactin shold be below 7... vitamin D between 50 and 60...

coffee.. get a coffee machine at wal mart.. they are like literally 7 dollars... buy organic darkest roast possible... make it and put it inside one of thoes glass jars for the next day.... MAGNESIUM AND CALCIUM LOWER PROLACTIN...

all that stuff... it should help you a lot... at least it did for me.... with leeching plastic, non A2 milk, orange juice not working... .basically allergic to everything.. i feel way way way more clear headed lately....

move from there... but that is a good starting point.. trust me... look at my thread history.. i have 7+ months of thread that looks exactly like this.. tara and charlie and blossom can confirm that...

i have not solved it all the way.. but i swaear, i am doing way way better than before...

oh yeah.. one more thing... GRASS FED BEEF from whole foods.... your welcome... no, not regular beef, ever, i dont care what anyone says...

Potatoes and fungus overload? Well, whats your thoughts @natedawggh

milk_lover

For whatever this is worth.

Think back to your first Pandora station or any time you had an opportunity to, like, develop your interests in an area but weren't quite sure what you liked. Chances are your first station or playlist or whatever, if you looked back on it now, it's mostly not really your interests, but a mash of everyone who influenced you at that time: high school friends, ur dad or mom if you were young enough, not really YOUR tastes. What happened in the time period that you got to be much better at knowing what you really liked? You just practiced listening to yourself. Well, your body and diet is like that, the more you try to listen to it and narrow it down to what you like and what treats you right in return, the better you'll get.

It's not like ten months down the road you'll look around yourself and realize that you truly ruined your health by trying to listen to your body. Practice will only make yourself better, sometimes it takes keeping a food log, sometimes, you can hone your instinct by just asking yourself what you crave or like. But you will get there, your body is way smarter than you think it is
Yeah people can influence our interests. My friends love superhero movies so I go with them and pretend I enjoy the movies even though they are 'meh' to me. Girls don't love superhero movies much. I am like girls in that sense and I like it :) screw my men friends and their weird obsession with superhero ***t. They are all the same story and ideas. Boring! Romantic or romantic comedy movies are much better at least.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals