Severe Hunger And Shakiness

OP
N

nostalgic

My doctor told me it’s low estrogen but I can’t be sure, it sounds fine at 121 last I checked. Could’ve been progresterone. I’m still trying to figure it out but I have postmenopausal symtoms in my early 20s.

The blood sugars showed nothing but good readings so came to conclusion it’s my hormones.
So you haven't been able to correct your hormone levels yet?

So you haven't been able to correct your hormone levels yet?

The symtoms of hot flashes with hunger went away, besides that no luck. I was supplementing inositol during those times, might have been causing that particular issue. Not sure why but things improved once I quit taking it.

OP
N

nostalgic

You can get significant amounts of pufa pretty quickly with fried foods........not to mention that people tend to eat much larger portions than say mashed potatoes.:eek:
Yeah but I don't normally eat chips, only the last 2 days.

theLaw

Yeah but I don't normally eat chips, only the last 2 days.

Sometimes starches can irritate the intestines and cause strange symptoms, especially with something like commercial foods.

I've even had this happen with raw carrot, which caused an adrenaline response.

Also, low doses of aspirin can block the release of pufa into the blood stream. You can run a simple test by taking 100mg-500mg-500mg of aspirin each hour for 3hrs, and see if they stress disappears.

If it's a glycogen issue, then sipping apple juice + taurine throughout the day might help.:D

fradon

Shouldn't low cortisol reduce my hunger?

not necessarily. cortisol can increase hunger especially craving for sugar and carbs espeically during times of stress. But its role is to break down stored glucose and fat to provide fuel when your blood sugar gets low. it if doesn't then you will get all shaky and cranky because your blood sugar is too low and it triggers a crisis stress reponse to alert you of a problem. this would happen at night when cortisol is suppose to rise to release glucose/fat while you sleep.

so your symptoms could be from low blood sugar from low cortisol. you could also have low dopamine which will make you eat more as it tries to boost your dopamine levels. I read that fat people tend to have lower dopamine receptors so they have to eat more to get the same sense of satiety that a normal person does. have you done anything that would have lowered or burnt out your dopamine receptors...like cocaine, nicotine, over eating, or anything overly stimulating.

OP
N

nostalgic

not necessarily. cortisol can increase hunger especially craving for sugar and carbs espeically during times of stress. But its role is to break down stored glucose and fat to provide fuel when your blood sugar gets low. it if doesn't then you will get all shaky and cranky because your blood sugar is too low and it triggers a crisis stress reponse to alert you of a problem. this would happen at night when cortisol is suppose to rise to release glucose/fat while you sleep.

so your symptoms could be from low blood sugar from low cortisol. you could also have low dopamine which will make you eat more as it tries to boost your dopamine levels. I read that fat people tend to have lower dopamine receptors so they have to eat more to get the same sense of satiety that a normal person does. have you done anything that would have lowered or burnt out your dopamine receptors...like cocaine, nicotine, over eating, or anything overly stimulating.
Sorry about the late reply, I've been very ill lately. I haven't done anything to my dopamine receptors, but I do have very low dopamine I think - nothing gives me any pleasure. But the shakiness can't be due to low dopamine, right? I also feel very depressed when this happens.

fradon

Sorry about the late reply, I've been very ill lately. I haven't done anything to my dopamine receptors, but I do have very low dopamine I think - nothing gives me any pleasure. But the shakiness can't be due to low dopamine, right? I also feel very depressed when this happens.

it its low enough it can mimic parkinsons...doesn't mean you have it but the symptoms will be somewhat the same shakiness uncontrollable muscle movements.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals