Anxiety, Depression And Confusion After Eating

xetawaves

Hi! Lately, I have been experiencing spells of anxiety/panic, depression, confusion, drowsiness, shakiness, racing thoughts and just general symptoms of hypoglycemia during and immediately after eating. I’ve noticed this is worse after eating my first meal of the day. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t, it is completely random. Also, it happens sometimes without being triggered by food. I’ve also noticed that a drink of alcohol can trigger panic. The strange part is that my blood sugar never drops into hypo range. Sometimes my fasting glucose is around 140, but only when I’m very anxious, I think from the adrenaline. I have had severe anxiety for months due to a brain tumor scare. Mri was completely normal. I am not diabetic but I can tell my blood glucose is not very stable. I will check it several times within a few minutes and it fluctuates a lot but never goes into hypo or hyper ranges. It almost seems like there is a battle between my adrenal glands and pancreas. I have noticed that eating smaller meals 5-6 times a day and increasing protein is helping a bit. Can prolonged stress cause something like this? I wasn’t eating much for several months because the stress destroyed my appetite. I’m forcing myself to eat more now. I have had episodes of this on and off for about 10 or so years. This will last months and then it seems to disappear randomly. Any ideas what this could be? I’m sorry, I’ve tried my best to describe what’s going on, but my brain is mush lately. Constant brain fog. I wasn’t sure where to turn and thought this forum could possibly help. My dr is confused.

gaze

Have you checked your vitamin D and calcium recently? do you get enough salt?

xetawaves

Have you checked your vitamin D and calcium recently? do you get enough salt?

I consciously make the effort to get plenty of those from my diet. I do plan on getting a sun lamp soon for the added vitamin D.

gaze

I consciously make the effort to get plenty of those from my diet. I do plan on getting a sun lamp soon for the added vitamin D.

but have you ever checked vitamin D in a blood test? your body needs cholestrol, protein, magnesium, and a bunch of other stuff to utilize vitamin D. in terms of diet, . your anxiety, which is caused by high free fatty acids, high lactate, high serotonin, high estrogen, basically makes it so you dont retain magnesium, you cant utilize sugars very well, it wastes b vitamins, and it breaks down protein which furthur blocks thyroid, so you need a lot of nutrient dense foods like milk, OJ, eggs, cooked greens if you can digest it. you may also be esting an allergen your unaware of. do you eat a raw carrot or two everyday to clear the intestine?

Pompadour

I think that is blood sugar 's fault. When it is in a higher range it can cause anxiety too. Any blood sugar disregulation causes unstable emotional state.

Sergey

Hi! Lately, I have been experiencing spells of anxiety/panic, depression, confusion, drowsiness, shakiness, racing thoughts and just general symptoms of hypoglycemia during and immediately after eating. I’ve noticed this is worse after eating my first meal of the day. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t, it is completely random. Also, it happens sometimes without being triggered by food. I’ve also noticed that a drink of alcohol can trigger panic. The strange part is that my blood sugar never drops into hypo range. Sometimes my fasting glucose is around 140, but only when I’m very anxious, I think from the adrenaline. I have had severe anxiety for months due to a brain tumor scare. Mri was completely normal. I am not diabetic but I can tell my blood glucose is not very stable. I will check it several times within a few minutes and it fluctuates a lot but never goes into hypo or hyper ranges. It almost seems like there is a battle between my adrenal glands and pancreas. I have noticed that eating smaller meals 5-6 times a day and increasing protein is helping a bit. Can prolonged stress cause something like this? I wasn’t eating much for several months because the stress destroyed my appetite. I’m forcing myself to eat more now. I have had episodes of this on and off for about 10 or so years. This will last months and then it seems to disappear randomly. Any ideas what this could be? I’m sorry, I’ve tried my best to describe what’s going on, but my brain is mush lately. Constant brain fog. I wasn’t sure where to turn and thought this forum could possibly help. My dr is confused.
Have you noticed any correlation with the type of food you eat? Would carb-free meal cause the same reaction?

Sam321

I notice this happens to me when I haven't slept well or am run down.
I think what is happening is your body draws energy and resources away from the rest of your body (even your brain) to focus on digestion making for a stint of feeling pretty ragged until you finish digesting.

I think unfortunately, overeating when you are exhaust is also pretty important to give you body what it needs to heal. Maybe just set aside times to eat and know you might have to weather the storm to get to clear skies.