Hi,
I wanted to ask for a little advice on Periods symptoms/PMS.
It is day 1 of my period & for about 1-2 hrs I have felt weak, cold, shaky, achy & have vomited a few times already.
A warm hot water bottle & magnesium help me alleviate cramps & I just have this feeling I need to do deep breathing which helps too, I don’t know why.. Almost like I need to get more oxygen to my tissues.

These are usually the most severe symptoms I can get; with the pain & feeling weak I usually just lie down until I have enough energy & feel strong enough to get up again.

Some periods I experience no issues whatsoever, no bad symptoms, so I wouldn’t say this is a normal or regular occurrence for me.
I am 19 nearly 20; my mother has reminded me I need to address my hormones as I have signs of Estrogen dominance, maybe PCOS...

I want to address my health first & foremost so I can avoid experiencing these horrible symptoms.

Any & all help appreciated :)

Peatful

Hi,
I wanted to ask for a little advice on Periods symptoms/PMS.
It is day 1 of my period & for about 1-2 hrs I have felt weak, cold, shaky, achy & have vomited a few times already.
A warm hot water bottle & magnesium help me alleviate cramps & I just have this feeling I need to do deep breathing which helps too, I don’t know why.. Almost like I need to get more oxygen to my tissues.

These are usually the most severe symptoms I can get; with the pain & feeling weak I usually just lie down until I have enough energy & feel strong enough to get up again.

Some periods I experience no issues whatsoever, no bad symptoms, so I wouldn’t say this is a normal or regular occurrence for me.
I am 19 nearly 20; my mother has reminded me I need to address my hormones as I have signs of Estrogen dominance, maybe PCOS...

I want to address my health first & foremost so I can avoid experiencing these horrible symptoms.

Any & all help appreciated :)
Hi

I am 48 and just had the same problem this month.
Chills and vomiting.
Absolutely estrogen dominance.
It’s quite troubling isn’t it?
I was confused- and thought I had food poisoning at one point.

My only conclusion for myself is the possibility of being exposed to many many vaccinated people threw my hormones off.

Are you vaxxed yourself? Are you living among vaxxed people where this might be true for you?

Other things to consider:
When my nutrition is lower and or my stress load is higher- I am more estrogen dominant.
Especially lower protein because that effects my livers ability to process and expel the estrogen.

So keep that metabolism high. Parathyroid low.
Ray says up the Vitamin D, the calcium and salt.
Lower our prolactin.

Lots for you to search on raypeat dot com.

Perry Staltic

The spike proteins have been shown to activate toll-like receptor 4. TLR4 is involved in menstruation. It hasn't been proven that this is the cause of the weird things happening with women's menses, but it is a plausible explanation and something to keep an eye on. Perhaps ingesting TLR4 antagonists might be a good idea to see if that helps.

OP
CosmicDancer444
Hi

I am 48 and just had the same problem this month.
Chills and vomiting.
Absolutely estrogen dominance.
It’s quite troubling isn’t it?
I was confused- and thought I had food poisoning at one point.

My only conclusion for myself is the possibility of being exposed to many many vaccinated people threw my hormones off.

Are you vaxxed yourself? Are you living among vaxxed people where this might be true for you?

Other things to consider:
When my nutrition is lower and or my stress load is higher- I am more estrogen dominant.
Especially lower protein because that effects my livers ability to process and expel the estrogen.

So keep that metabolism high. Parathyroid low.
Ray says up the Vitamin D, the calcium and salt.
Lower our prolactin.

Lots for you to search on raypeat dot com.

Thank you for your reply!
This is so interesting :)
It is troubling but I know it’s not food poising as I always cook at home... Only thing different over festive period is I’ve definitely over indulged in sweet treats, a little alcohol, not even things I generally crave but just because we had it out.

I am not vaxxed, & respectfully don’t want the vax. I am lucky that my immediate family is not vaxxed, so I am not around this at home. Though unfortunately I have been around a lot of vaccinated people working in school & seeing family over Christmas.

I have experienced these same intense symptoms when I spent time with vaccinated family earlier last year, but I never really made the connection as I didn’t want to stress myself out further.

My stress load has been higher perhaps for different reasons, last few months even for no reason I have felt stressed or minor things would annoy me & cause me to react.

I have been eating more protein, bone broths that kind of thing to help heal my digestion & bad breath, but perhaps it’s harder for liver to process.

I cut out essential oils & fermented dairy for a while & started incorporating slippery elm as my stomach has been feeling sensitive.

I actually often crave salt & want to be on the sun except we have typical grey English weather & there’s no sun for past few weeks :(

I have been lazier over the Christmas period but really need to look at sorting hormonal imbalance. I have been in the same environment, but my sister is usually perfectly fine despite being around vaccinated/not.. I suspect I have sluggish liver/gallbladder/bile/stomach acid production too...

Mum thinks I should start taking essential oils to aid gallbladder function I.e Rosemary & Geranium. Any advice on this?

Do you recommend calcium from dairy sources? Only issue I have had with lots of calcium in this way is having bad breath.

So I’m trying to address lots of things without causing other issues inadvertently...

How May I lower prolactin?

I know I need to definitely do more research & shift mindset to healing not worry about things too much.

It’s hard though, I just feel like I’m trying my best & the next thing you know I’m back to square one :(

P

Peatness

I had this for years, if only I had access to Dr Peat's work back then.

Vitamin E really helped me it lowers prolactin so does zinc

InChristAlone

Be careful with essential oils, they are extremely potent and contain things you shouldn't inhale or be put on your body let alone ingest. I disagree with most of the info out there on them made by the essential oil MLM's mainly.

The weakness could be a sign of blood sugar instability, eating frequently with carbs protein and fat altogether can really help.

OP
CosmicDancer444
I had this for years, if only I had access to Dr Peat's work back then.

Vitamin E really helped me it lowers prolactin so does zinc
Thank you for all this information, I will take a look! :)

Peatful

Thank you for your reply!
This is so interesting :)
It is troubling but I know it’s not food poising as I always cook at home... Only thing different over festive period is I’ve definitely over indulged in sweet treats, a little alcohol, not even things I generally crave but just because we had it out.

I am not vaxxed, & respectfully don’t want the vax. I am lucky that my immediate family is not vaxxed, so I am not around this at home. Though unfortunately I have been around a lot of vaccinated people working in school & seeing family over Christmas.

I have experienced these same intense symptoms when I spent time with vaccinated family earlier last year, but I never really made the connection as I didn’t want to stress myself out further.

My stress load has been higher perhaps for different reasons, last few months even for no reason I have felt stressed or minor things would annoy me & cause me to react.

I have been eating more protein, bone broths that kind of thing to help heal my digestion & bad breath, but perhaps it’s harder for liver to process.

I cut out essential oils & fermented dairy for a while & started incorporating slippery elm as my stomach has been feeling sensitive.

I actually often crave salt & want to be on the sun except we have typical grey English weather & there’s no sun for past few weeks :(

I have been lazier over the Christmas period but really need to look at sorting hormonal imbalance. I have been in the same environment, but my sister is usually perfectly fine despite being around vaccinated/not.. I suspect I have sluggish liver/gallbladder/bile/stomach acid production too...

Mum thinks I should start taking essential oils to aid gallbladder function I.e Rosemary & Geranium. Any advice on this?

Do you recommend calcium from dairy sources? Only issue I have had with lots of calcium in this way is having bad breath.

So I’m trying to address lots of things without causing other issues inadvertently...

How May I lower prolactin?

I know I need to definitely do more research & shift mindset to healing not worry about things too much.

It’s hard though, I just feel like I’m trying my best & the next thing you know I’m back to square one :(
You’re doing fine.

Please read the Ray Peat article I sent you. Reading him directly vs taking my advice is really the way to get a hold of what is unique to you.

In regards to EO.
They are a no.
I believe Peat sees them as estrogenic.

The point made above regarding robust nutrition and balanced blood sugar is excellent as well.

Hopefully this data will move you in the right direction.

OP
CosmicDancer444
Progesterone, Periods & PMS:
I have heard many good things about women incorporating progesterone to ease PMS symptoms.
Seeing as decrease in progesterone indicates start of mensuration, I have been reluctant to use it as I have been worried it may prolong/delay/stop or mess with my period (especially if there has been potentially fertilising intercourse & I don’t use contraception/ birth control. I have strong & clear intentions & I’m quite in tune with my body, but being young & living at home, I can in no way afford to become Pregnant)...
I understand people have different opinions & POVs but for me & my current situation, All I can be is grateful when I receive my period each month.

I appreciate any advice about progesterone, periods & PMS <3

Peatful

Progesterone, Periods & PMS:
I have heard many good things about women incorporating progesterone to ease PMS symptoms.
Seeing as decrease in progesterone indicates start of mensuration, I have been reluctant to use it as I have been worried it may prolong/delay/stop or mess with my period (especially if there has been potentially fertilising intercourse & I don’t use contraception/ birth control. I have strong & clear intentions & I’m quite in tune with my body, but being young & living at home, I can in no way afford to become Pregnant)...
I understand people have different opinions & POVs but for me & my current situation, All I can be is grateful when I receive my period each month.

I appreciate any advice about progesterone, periods & PMS <3
Others may speak positively of this but:

If my daughters were your age- I personally would not advocate progesterone for something that can be addressed dietarily through calcium, protein, sun, sugar and salt.
Using food as you medicine.
No supplements- but food.

You’re young. You caught it early. This will turn around super quickly for you.

Study his work (certainly not my opinions) and stay the course nutritionally.

Best to you.

OP
CosmicDancer444
You’re doing fine.

Please read the Ray Peat article I sent you. Reading him directly vs taking my advice is really the way to get a hold of what is unique to you.

In regards to EO.
They are a no.
I believe Peat sees them as estrogenic.

The point made above regarding robust nutrition and balanced blood sugar is excellent as well.

Hopefully this data will move you in the right direction.
Thank you very much! I have lots of reading to do.
I am never one to just look for one sided, I need to see my information from lots of viewpoints & sources because science is never really absolute - there is lots of debate & formulated conclusions based on data available.

My family have invested heavily in EOs over last 2 years & I wasn’t too keen to take something not knowing how it would work in my body so I was trying to learn more about them.
Put off mainly because of potency & I’m not convinced our ancestors would ever have used such a thing, I do believe that if we look closest to eating whole nutritious food, what our ancestors ate, & eliminating modern toxins, radiation etc we can look at truly healing ourselves.

I am so conflicted because I also believe EOs (also known as Volatile Organic Compounds) extracted from plants can be therapeutic & used with caution especially if there are direct health issues to be addressed like poor bile production, digestion, Candida, bacterial overgrowth or viral issues.

I’m sure that plant compounds even if isolated can work synergistically in our body’s & impact many things, have other beneficial actions, not solely Estrogenic...& neglecting them for that sole purpose is maybe not the right approach.

I have always had issues around my period growing up, mild-medium pain & nausea & loss of appetite mainly but I never thought too much about it- clearly it’s related to my health & hormonal imbalance & when I incorporated EOs a while back I did definitely feel some relief & less bloating, better digestion too!

Despite living in the same environment, living the same, eating same food, My sister has never experienced these issues. Maybe it’s because she’s always been more physically active, eats more fruit or just different mentality/body constitution etc...

I’m very conflicted. I have eliminated internal use of EOs for the past 2 weeks but I am unsure if I should start incorporating a little again seeing as digestion is something I struggle with, likely related to gallbladder too.

OP
CosmicDancer444
Others may speak positively of this but:

If my daughters were your age- I personally would not advocate progesterone for something that can be addressed dietarily through calcium, protein, sun, sugar and salt.
Using food as you medicine.
No supplements- but food.

You’re young. You caught it early. This will turn around super quickly for you.

Study his work (certainly not my opinions) and stay the course nutritionally.

Best to you.

I really appreciate your message, thank you very much! :)
But I agree, I eat very healthy generally just lately have been more lax over Xmas.

Whole food nutrition is definitely no1.
Perhaps my mother is suspicious or confused why I won’t just take progesterone when she sees me suffering & knows she has seen it work for herself for thyroid & Estrogen dominance...

I have been so tired today & don’t usually drink coffee, I don’t think my gut can tolerate it on a daily basis & sometimes I can’t sleep if I have it. Today I decided to make a coffee as I know it helps with increasing progesterone & other things & is a good source of magnesium & very quickly I felt better :)

InChristAlone

Thank you very much! I have lots of reading to do.
I am never one to just look for one sided, I need to see my information from lots of viewpoints & sources because science is never really absolute - there is lots of debate & formulated conclusions based on data available.

My family have invested heavily in EOs over last 2 years & I wasn’t too keen to take something not knowing how it would work in my body so I was trying to learn more about them.
Put off mainly because of potency & I’m not convinced our ancestors would ever have used such a thing, I do believe that if we look closest to eating whole nutritious food, what our ancestors ate, & eliminating modern toxins, radiation etc we can look at truly healing ourselves.

I am so conflicted because I also believe EOs (also known as Volatile Organic Compounds) extracted from plants can be therapeutic & used with caution especially if there are direct health issues to be addressed like poor bile production, digestion, Candida, bacterial overgrowth or viral issues.

I’m sure that plant compounds even if isolated can work synergistically in our body’s & impact many things, have other beneficial actions, not solely Estrogenic...& neglecting them for that sole purpose is maybe not the right approach.

I have always had issues around my period growing up, mild-medium pain & nausea & loss of appetite mainly but I never thought too much about it- clearly it’s related to my health & hormonal imbalance & when I incorporated EOs a while back I did definitely feel some relief & less bloating, better digestion too!

Despite living in the same environment, living the same, eating same food, My sister has never experienced these issues. Maybe it’s because she’s always been more physically active, eats more fruit or just different mentality/body constitution etc...

I’m very conflicted. I have eliminated internal use of EOs for the past 2 weeks but I am unsure if I should start incorporating a little again seeing as digestion is something I struggle with, likely related to gallbladder too.
You could try out using the herb itself if you feel like certain ones were beneficial, that would not be throwing the baby out with the bath water, but also being cautious about the potency of the EOs.

OP
CosmicDancer444
You could try out using the herb itself if you feel like certain ones were beneficial, that would not be throwing the baby out with the bath water, but also being cautious about the potency of the EOs.
Yes, if I’m using herbs, I’m mainly trying to use whole herbs now.
It’s just harder when you live with family & they are used to certain health habits, whether it be supplementing, EOs, etc.
My mother is also a Naturopathic Nutritionist (Definitely not a mainstream one), so I’ve always trusted & really benefited from her health advice & it feels weird if I’m not doing what the rest of the household is doing, especially if I’m recommended it personally or reminded that I could equally be experiencing issues because of not using EOs.
(I still use EOs very diluted topically & in cosmetics but I have had a break supplementing them)...

InChristAlone

Yes, if I’m using herbs, I’m mainly trying to use whole herbs now.
It’s just harder when you live with family & they are used to certain health habits, whether it be supplementing, EOs, etc.
My mother is also a Naturopathic Nutritionist (Definitely not a mainstream one), so I’ve always trusted & really benefited from her health advice & it feels weird if I’m not doing what the rest of the household is doing, especially if I’m recommended it personally or reminded that I could equally be experiencing issues because of not using EOs.
(I still use EOs very diluted topically & in cosmetics but I have had a break supplementing them)...
I could tell you got into this via someone in your family. That's great she has given you the know how when it comes to your health. It can be hard to break free of the family system though. I totally get that. Ultimately she will have to allow you to make your own decisions and self differentiate, and it will be up to you to set those boundaries. Many people never arrive at that place, so give yourself grace if you aren't there yet. The family system can be very strong in it's control. It can feel like trying to swim up river to go against it.

OP
CosmicDancer444
I could tell you got into this via someone in your family. That's great she has given you the know how when it comes to your health. It can be hard to break free of the family system though. I totally get that. Ultimately she will have to allow you to make your own decisions and self differentiate, and it will be up to you to set those boundaries. Many people never arrive at that place, so give yourself grace if you aren't there yet. The family system can be very strong in it's control. It can feel like trying to swim up river to go against it.
Thank you so much!
It’s hard because I feel like I can talk about some things very openly & other things especially if we don’t quite agree on it’s difficult or creates distrust & tension which I don’t want.
I don’t want to seem unappreciative either.
My mother is also the one who has always inspired me with health & initially introduced me to Ray Peat, Danny Roddy & other incredible people in the world of health.
I have been particularly fascinated with Ray’s work ever since & totally mind blown by completely different knowledge & overall approach to health...
I was slipping down the alternative (but still rather mainstream) health route with regards alleviating PMS for example. Almost believing it’s all linked to ‘low Estrogen’.... That more Estrogen foods, Omega 3s that’s the answer...
I’ve never come across a view as distinct as Ray’s before, especially not in school, with biology teaching “vaccines are safe & effective...& genetic engineering is healthy.. We can use it to enhance food with necessary vitamins & help solve world hunger”- though I never subscribed to this mainstream ‘science’ there is still so much I don’t know & so much I am always learning so it really got me thinking & questioning; even the ‘alternative health’ is so backwards!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals