Severe Hunger And Shakiness

EIRE24

What's wrong with rice and potatoes? They have been the staples of many countries for vast amounts of time.

Eat any starch that doesn't bother you. Some people on here report much improved health from bread, unfortunately I react badly to it so I wouldn't eat it.

I've never seen tryptophan being talked about in relation to bread before. Cronometer says it has 0.1 per 100 grams, 5 times less than beef per 100 grams.

To save time i cook up a lot of rice and put it in the fridge and reheat at mealtimes and have no issues. Reheating potatoes has affected me negatively. As has too many potatoes. Rice is very neutral and easy going

You will be different.
What kind of things did you notice with re heated potatoes?

EIRE24

Gut ache, feeling unwell, anxiety, nasty bowel movements which improves all symlysym. One of my girlfriend's only food sensitivities is towards reheated potatoes too (independently verified, we didn't eat the same batch)
Ah, I see. But cooked potatoes eaten right away are fine? I wonder what the difference is? What about if they are eaten cold rather than re heated?

raypeatclips

Ah, I see. But cooked potatoes eaten right away are fine? I wonder what the difference is? What about if they are eaten cold rather than re heated?

Yeah right away is fine for both of us. If I had to guess I'd say the resistant starch that builds up in them after they're cooked and refrigerated were reacting to.

I'm not sure about the cold potatoes, I don't think I'd enjoy eating them so never tried.

YourUniverse

Protein: 131
Carbs: 150
Fat: 126

It should say 1.5 quart of milk, and I do eat small amounts of butter that I didn't add etc. I'll make a log tomorrow of everything I eat.
What jumps out at me here is that your carb intake is much lower than it should be for your protein intake - Ray recommends at least 2:1 carb:protein, up to 4:1 or so. You may be experiencing adrenaline spikes from low blood sugar - protein intake is known to lower blood sugar in this way

nbznj

I have noticed a trait of vegan eating people have a stock answer for everything which is "go vegan" without actually taking into account what the person asking a question is saying.

Why would going vegan help with hunger and shakiness and night time awakenings, which is the centre of the OP's issues?

Also, have you not read Peat's work where he says businesses try to cut costs and have altered foods that previously didn't give him negative reactions, that now do? He said his old orange juice source that used to be fine now causes him so much issues he juices his own. He used to cook some sort of seafood (squid?) that they altered and made him sick for a week. Just because you haven't read something he has said doesn't mean he hasn't said it.

I don't know about your reading skills but I definitely said to eat healthy animals, not go vegan. Don't be so easily triggered. Read again and understand that I'm not vegan, nor pro-vegan mania.

It's very obvious that OP's symptoms are caused by inflammation, and reducing inflammation goes through more whole foods and plants eating, which are easy on the liver, the digestive system, ultimately the thyroid pancreas kidneys and so on. So yeah, go vegan as much as possible.

I hadn't read this article from him, haven't read it all. I've definitely read a lot of people on this forum eating "his" way with commercial foods and not being healthy at all tho. And balances seem to be consistently off.

nbznj

inflammation is caused by multiple factors, the most obvious being a high PUFA load but after a life of eating alien foods you start reacting strongly to some proteins (because of a leaky guts and defective protease), to all the food preservatives, to all the additives, to excessive insulin and so on. If you're overloading the liver it will be difficult to fight inflammation over time as the body ages.

That's why I believe that the best diet starts with all plants, sprouted grains preferably, fermented foods, aged raw cheese, grass-fed beef only once or twice a week, wild sea food, local and organic, those are the best bases. You eat this way you get more and more variety in the plate on a daily basis, it's mindblowing how fast the body heals. You just have to stop hammering it with nutritional burdens.

raypeatclips

I don't know about your reading skills but I definitely said to eat healthy animals, not go vegan. Don't be so easily triggered...

So yeah, go vegan as much as possible.

go vegan at the very least 4 days a week, that would be a good start.

:facepalm:

I completely agree with you eat the best quality animal products you can, and a lot of supermarket food is trash, but don't tell someone to go vegan and then deny you've said it...

Last edited:

nbznj

inflammation and allergy symptoms seem to be very much linked. As in, inflammation leads to a leaky gut which then leads to more allergy. Immunoglobulins are fascinating

@raypeatclips again, I'm not sure what is confusing to you, besides the anti-vegan obsession. I've explained clearly what it means in a constructive post and you're here again saying Don't say this don't say that. Chill a bit. It seems to me that someone who eats zero animal foods these days would be better off this way, unless you have access to 100% healthy animal foods which is super hard to find, and even then it makes no sense eating it more than a couple times a week. So the more plants you eat and the less animals the better it all gets. In six damn words: go vegan as much as possible. If you're not 100% eating plant don't stress it but the concept is fine.

cyclops

So yeah, go vegan as much as possible.

Wouldn't it be better to go "Peat" as much as possible though. Peat diet can include fruits and vegetables, but why cut out all the other animal foods peat recommends? A vegan diet will probably include many thing in addition to fruits and vegetables that most here would usually avoid like beans, nuts, seeds, etc.

raypeatclips

Wouldn't it be better to go "Peat" as much as possible though. Peat diet can include fruits and vegetables, but why cut out all the other animal foods peat recommends? A vegan diet will probably include many thing in addition to fruits and vegetables that most here would usually avoid like beans, nuts, seeds, etc.

You're getting confused, he never suggested to go vegan. Btw go vegan.

X3CyO

yeah definitely eat more solids than liquids.
@nostalgic you aren't taking any Chems or supplements are you.

your height and age might be important factors as well.

Id definitely do the chronometer to distinguish whether this is a nutrition issue, a liquids issue, or something more.

OP
N

nostalgic

What's wrong with rice and potatoes? They have been the staples of many countries for vast amounts of time.

Eat any starch that doesn't bother you. Some people on here report much improved health from bread, unfortunately I react badly to it so I wouldn't eat it.

I've never seen tryptophan being talked about in relation to bread before. Cronometer says it has 0.1 per 100 grams, 5 times less than beef per 100 grams.

To save time i cook up a lot of rice and put it in the fridge and reheat at mealtimes and have no issues. Reheating potatoes has affected me negatively. As has too many potatoes. Rice is very neutral and easy going

You will be different.

I just remember reading that bread was high in tryptophan, good to hear it's not that bad. I'll eat 2 meals of cooked potatoes/rice a day and hopefully that'll reduce my symptoms.

Reheated potatoes also taste awful so I'd rather cook an extra time instead.

yeah definitely eat more solids than liquids.
@nostalgic you aren't taking any Chems or supplements are you.

your height and age might be important factors as well.

Id definitely do the chronometer to distinguish whether this is a nutrition issue, a liquids issue, or something more.

No supplements and just recently started Olanzapine due to bad sleep. I experienced the symptoms before starting the drug btw.

I'm 33 and 5'9". Don't think I'm missing any nutrients but I'll check just in case.

OP
N

nostalgic

What jumps out at me here is that your carb intake is much lower than it should be for your protein intake - Ray recommends at least 2:1 carb:protein, up to 4:1 or so. You may be experiencing adrenaline spikes from low blood sugar - protein intake is known to lower blood sugar in this way

Isnt PUFA the cause of inflammation? Some aspirin and eliminating the sunflower-fried chips?

I'll eat a lot more rice and potatoes as I've mentioned, and I've barely touched any potato chips, just the last 2 days.

I just remember reading that bread was high in tryptophan, good to hear it's not that bad. I'll eat 2 meals of cooked potatoes/rice a day and hopefully that'll reduce my symptoms.

Reheated potatoes also taste awful so I'd rather cook an extra time instead.

No supplements and just recently started Olanzapine due to bad sleep. I experienced the symptoms before starting the drug btw.

I'm 33 and 5'9". Don't think I'm missing any nutrients but I'll check just in case.

It might be worth it to get a glucose meter and check whenever you feel shaky.

I got one for free then you pay for the strips, you only need a small supply to get some insight.

I use to wake middle of night, covered in sweat and starving..it wasn’t a blood sugar issue tho but hormone related. You can always request a hormone panel.

OP
N

nostalgic

It might be worth it to get a glucose meter and check whenever you feel shaky.

I got one for free then you pay for the strips, you only need a small supply to get some insight.

I use to wake middle of night, covered in sweat and starving..it wasn’t a blood sugar issue tho but hormone related. You can always request a hormone panel.
What hormone was acting up in your case?

What hormone was acting up for you?

My doctor told me it’s low estrogen but I can’t be sure, it sounds fine at 121 last I checked. Could’ve been progresterone. I’m still trying to figure it out but I have postmenopausal symtoms in my early 20s.

The blood sugars showed nothing but good readings so came to conclusion it’s my hormones.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals