Feel like I'm about to collapse.

OP
N

Nstocks

iLoveSugar said:
I have the same exact issues except I feel faint and wobbly, extremely slow digestion, and feel like any trapped gas makes it considerably worse.

Same here, feel 'watery' and just not content with my body. I drank some fresh OJ 2 hours ago and I still feel bloated. This happens with pretty much anything :(.

Even hanging out the washing or standing over the sink to wash pots seems to take my breath and I can just feel my stomach growing or something! (my posture is great though - I've heard that many time at work)

OP
N

Nstocks

For the past 2 days I've eaten less and overall feel better for it. I'd estimate 1500 calories or so from milk, OJ, fish and fruit. Of course keeping this up would be detrimental to my health, but there must be something in digestion that is causing my issues. Is there any value in having some kind of test like stool test or liver function tests, to see if there is anything that seems to be off balance? Other than that, what else could I try to improve my digestion as thiroyd hasn't yet helped with that.

For flora and enzyme expression I guess time would be the best cure, as your diet is the best "probiotic" at tailoring your intestine to that same diet. Lately I've been trying garlic but one clove a day gives me no results.

I'm no expert, but this sounds like gut dysbiosis to me. You can try antibiotics, which I don't recommend, or you can try raw organic garlic which acts like a broad spectrum antibiotic and antifungal. Several cloves put through a garlic press into a small glass, add 2 oz water and let sit for 15 minutes, I set a timer so I don't forget. Shoot the whole thing, bits and all after a meal so you don't get queasy. I did this 3 times a day for a week and have never felt better. My guts are no longer bloated, my liver pain went away, my brain fog and mild depression are gone as well.

Hypothyroid people are very prone to SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth), so you need to continue to work on your thyroid too....I wish you well

tara

Nstocks said:
The pain is situated around my stomach, so a few inches below m ribcage and an inch above my waistline. The pain is what you might expect from extreme trapped gas where I feel like I'm about to explode. I also have lower back pain but I've had that for the past 10 years so it's probably nothing to do with my current situation.

If feels like gas, it might be. Many years ago I got as far as a gastroscopy for intermittent severe pain in my upper stomach area. They said it all looked good. I later figured it might have just been gas. For emergency relief, I found relaxing into a forward bend would often relieve it in the short term. In the long term it would be nice to get less gas. I kept getting gas for many years, finally improved now that I'm eating a lot less starch and fibre. But learning to get the gas out can be a big improvement.

Nstocks said:
It was infact a typo! I've periodically been using myfitnesspal, but it because a pain to log everything so now I don't use it. My last entry was:
83g fat
304g carbohydrates
111g protein
Calories: 2513
I'm glad that was a typo. :)

Nstocks said:
I'll admit that I do rely on candy for around 500 calories - they give me quick energy and seem to digest fast which is strange given the ingredients aren't exactly clean. I've read that "if you don't use it, you lose it" with digestion, for example vegans who suddenly eat meat have a very hard time digesting the meat because their body isn't use to breaking down those kinds of proteins, fats etc. I think I eat a fairly well rounded diet, mostly omitting grains and starches. I still need to eat more but it's got the point, and this may sound ridiculous, that I don't know what to eat anymore! I think yogurt has to go because this may be causing the bloating, but in doing so I lose a lot of protein and a few hundred calories that need replacing with something other than liquids.

There are worse things than candy, as long as you are getting good micro-nutrients and protein from other food. It's mostly sugar, which is usually easy to digest. Maybe you can find or make better/'cleaner' stuff if it's got really problematic ingredients. Salty fudge?
Solid/higher density food ideas: jellies made with OJ and sugar or whatever other juice agrees best with you. If you can find fruit juice concentrate might be even better, if you can find it (I can't where I am).
Milk puddings made with milk, sugar, gelatine and flavour - eg coffee, cocoa.
Cottage cheese - lots of the protein from milk without the water.
Sweetened condensed milk - makes a great high-density sauce with cocoa.
Custard - milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla/cocoa/coffee.

Nstocks said:
I tried the carrot salad for a few weeks but I didn't feel any difference and I actually though that it was contributing to acne. I take cascara perhaps once a week and the results vary - sometimes I have a large BM, other it's just a small watery mess. Perhaps bamboo shoots are worth a try - are these OK?http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Dragon-Vegetables-Bamboo-Shoots/dp/B00A76IAPO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406637541&sr=8-1&keywords=bamboo+shoots
I don't know how to assess good bamboo shoots. Carrot salad's good for me. I put coconut oil and salt on mine.

Nstocks said:
I don't salt much of my food or drink, just meat, coffee and yogurt occasionally.
Have you experimented with more salt? lots of people seem to be saying that helps with bloating.

Nstocks said:
Zinc supplement began last week to try and control my mild jawline acne and it might be working. I'll reduce the dosage to every other day starting next week. (someone on here wrote about zinc everyday for two weeks to boost levels)
Not likely to be causing the problems then.

Nstocks said:
The feeling of collapse has passed and yesterday was the only time I felt so bad. It all stems from my digestion though and how uncomfortable my stomach feels. Even if my stomach is flat, I feel huge... Maybe candida but I don't think so.
Glad the collapse feeling passed - that would be a worry if it went on.
From my perspective, you are tall, and you are not overweight, even if you are bigger than you used to be.

OP
N

Nstocks

thebigpeatowski said:
I'm no expert, but this sounds like gut dysbiosis to me. You can try antibiotics, which I don't recommend, or you can try raw organic garlic which acts like a broad spectrum antibiotic and antifungal. Several cloves put through a garlic press into a small glass, add 2 oz water and let sit for 15 minutes, I set a timer so I don't forget. Shoot the whole thing, bits and all after a meal so you don't get queasy. I did this 3 times a day for a week and have never felt better. My guts are no longer bloated, my liver pain went away, my brain fog and mild depression are gone as well.

Hypothyroid people are very prone to SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth), so you need to continue to work on your thyroid too....I wish you well

I thought about taking antibiotics last year to see if that would once and for all stop my mild acne (though we know it's not a cure)... I take it it is possible to buy these online?

I'm definitely going to give the garlic a go - My problems are definitely related to my gut. I tried a saltwater "cleanse" this morning with 1tablespoon salt and 1 litre of water... I still haven't had a BM, even after some food!

OP
N

Nstocks

tara said:
If feels like gas, it might be. Many years ago I got as far as a gastroscopy for intermittent severe pain in my upper stomach area. They said it all looked good. I later figured it might have just been gas. For emergency relief, I found relaxing into a forward bend would often relieve it in the short term. In the long term it would be nice to get less gas. I kept getting gas for many years, finally improved now that I'm eating a lot less starch and fibre. But learning to get the gas out can be a big improvement.

It no longer feels like gas and I don't think it's because I now have some fat (probably from stress after under eating for so long). I'll give that exercise a try!

tara said:
There are worse things than candy, as long as you are getting good micro-nutrients and protein from other food. It's mostly sugar, which is usually easy to digest. Maybe you can find or make better/'cleaner' stuff if it's got really problematic ingredients. Salty fudge?
Solid/higher density food ideas: jellies made with OJ and sugar or whatever other juice agrees best with you. If you can find fruit juice concentrate might be even better, if you can find it (I can't where I am).
Milk puddings made with milk, sugar, gelatine and flavour - eg coffee, cocoa.
Cottage cheese - lots of the protein from milk without the water.
Sweetened condensed milk - makes a great high-density sauce with cocoa.
Custard - milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla/cocoa/coffee.

I made a large batch of coconut oil fudge last week which was nice. Just very expensive due to the large amount of oil. I might give traditional, cream based fudge a go. When I first got into Peat I made a LOT of jello with fruit juice. I don't think I can digest it that well though - I've stopped eating haribo too. Fage Total yogurst also seems to be giving me more bloat so that's out of the window and I don't think I will be making my own since greek yoghurt is low yield really.Custard has become a new favorite of mine, with cooked pears or apples.

tara said:
Have you experimented with more salt? lots of people seem to be saying that helps with bloating.
I'm going to start adding salt to my milk again... I just got lazy! I tried a saltwater cleanse this morning... Still haven't had a BM. (Could your refresh me on the best type of salt? I'm suing himalayan sea salt which I understand is good)

tara said:
Glad the collapse feeling passed - that would be a worry if it went on.
From my perspective, you are tall, and you are not overweight, even if you are bigger than you used to be.

I'd still like to gain some (muscle) mass, but right now exercise isn't a priority although I still use resistance bands 3 times a week focusing on my upper body. I'm fearful about getting fat or looking more out of proportion than I already do - Since early teen years I've always been thin because I don't want to end up like my mostly overweight/obese family. Grandparents died relatively young and I doubt their lifestyles helped that. My father is also very unhealthy and I'm sure these traits are with my Brothers and I too. (I'm not judging here but they have all been on yo-yo diets for years, one had a "moob job" despite being a gym addict for the past decade and I see so much upset with them because of the fat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals