Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

6 Years Later, Sleep Temperature Is Still The Only Thing That Works

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by MyUsernameHere, Jan 14, 2018.

1. lollipop

lollipop Guest

Very thoughtful post @stevensmith.

2. OP
    MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere Member

@stevensmith Somehow I totally missed your write-up. It's late so I'll make a follow up tomorrow, but let me just say that the thing you say about erections/libido is 100% true.
    When I sleep cold(er than I should), I have almost ZERO libido the next day. DEAD. Along with feeling anxious, brain-fogged, fueled by adrenaline.
    When I wrap up and sleep super-warm, the next day, there's a lot going on down there... I'm sure you know what I mean, just feels 'active', lol. I feel like I make more testosterone when I sleep warm too. And I feel much more relaxed, no anxious thoughts, more friendly, less stressed, talkative. Just super nice.

Still I suppose that ideally thyroid should take care of these things and hopefully once it's up to speed I will no longer need a bunch of thick clothing every night (I'm not even sure how I'd explain that to a partner if I wasn't single right now. Duh.) Hopefully I can fix it soon.

3. stevrd

stevrd Member

Thank you. I think it's helpful to find parallels in others' experiences to try and find patterns.

@MyUsernameHere, have you tried supplementing with magnesium, gelatin, and/or niacinamide/aspirin at night? I have a theory that as REM quality improves so does sleep temperature. I have not searched hard for studies confirming this, but I'm sure they're out there. I was virtually a non-responder to thyroid supplements for a long time. I would sometimes even take up to 4 grains of NDT a day and my temps hardly budged. It wasn't until I began taking either aspirin or niacinamide with thyroid when I began to see my temps climb. I gradually lowered thyroid dose and am now not taking any unless I have consistent low temperatures for more than a few days. I also found that aspirin/niacinamide is more effective at raising temps for me.

Basically since free fatty acids (especially with PUFA) block thyroid hormone transport, uptake, and conversion, taking aspirin/niacinamide lowers free fatty acids so that thyroid can do it's job. This of course is best looked at as a temporary measure until you gradually rid yourself of PUFA over the course of a few years or so.

Anyways, eating most of my calories from solid foods that have good palatability and are very easily digestible has made the most impact on my health, more than any drug or supplement. But I can feel a difference when I take any of the things mentioned here for sure. Sleep quality improves a lot and so do waking temps. They certainly are worth a try.

4. Daniel11

Daniel11 Member

5. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I sleep in a recliner so it is inclined. Wearing a warm cap helps a lot. People used to sleep with caps on and it is a good idea today.

6. Daniel11

Daniel11 Member

I feel supplementing with iodine and selenium goes well with Photobiomodulation of orange/red wavelengths over the thyroid.

I know not everyone on the forum likes iodine, but i do, i like Nascent Iodine, you only usually need few drops a day and take for few months then give a break, its important to take selenium at same time as taking iodine.

After some research i settled on these brands.

Nascent Iodine | Potent Thyroid Support, Detoxifier, Metabolic Nutrient

http://selenoexcell.com/how-selenoexcell-works/

Every one is at different point in their healing process, you each have to use your intuition and knowledge to decide if this is the right time for you to take these supplements, they will increase your metabolism and you will need to increase/adapt your nutrition.

7. PowertothePeatple

PowertothePeatple Member

@MyUsernameHere This seems like a huge red flag to me health wise. It is not normal to need to sleep in a jacket and hat. I know you mentioned being hypothyroid but I wonder if you have some kind of concurrent issue going on. A couple things come to mind. Have you had your cortisol tested? Adrenals? A quick google search for "symptoms cold intolerance" brought up results for Fibromyalgia. Or possibly hypopituitarism? Which could mean you have multiple hormones that are low not just thyroid. I have had terrible health problems for the last decade and have noticed myself sometimes just adapting my life to work around illness rather than persisting with Dr.s to find out what is really going on. I would encourage you not to just accept this as a normal way to live.

8. Vinny

Vinny Member

i wonder the same.
    last nite i was burning in bed. took temp - 36.3 :(
    what could be the reason for this? any ideas? how come you feel hot when, as you said, not even warm?

9. Scenes

Scenes Member

I’ve been told feeling flushed, sweating and overheating can be because the body is trying to release heat rather than retain it, and is a sign of low thyroid and estrogen dominance.

Ideally you feel a warm toasty, comfortable sensation with redness/pink at the fingertips and a general feeling of wellbeing...not uncomfortably hot.

10. Vinny

Vinny Member

that makes sense. thanks.