Dermatitis?

Herbie

Gday, hows it going from Australia

I developed dermatitis around my eyes and dandruff last May at age 29 never before have I developed it and been trying to get to the bottom of the cause ever since. Wondering if anyone has any further insight to help me take a new approach?

Firstly, I have tried:

• Topical retinol up to 100000IU per day
  • Vitamin b6 pyridoxine 10mg to 50mg per day
  • Penicillin
  • Aspirin
  • Vitamin K
  • Daily carrot salad
  • Eating liver once per week
  • Eating oysters twice per week
  • Tried grain free for over a month numerous times
  • Tried dairy free for a few weeks.
  • Tried cutting out the great lakes gelatin for a few weeks
  • Tried cutting out the coca cola
  • Tried progesterone
  • Tried thyroid
  • Spent more time in sun
  • Used Cypro 2mg a night for 12 weeks
  • Tried charcoal.
  • Tried changing macro ratios

The only thing that works is the cortisone cream 0.01% which I am aware is not good long term but the dermatitis develops and spreads rapidly around my eyes over night it will go from nothing to around my whole eye (both) with red blisters and I'm afraid to let it get out of control as it hurts and burns and if I put the cream on its almost totally disappeared through the night. I can tell when its coming on as the corner of my eyes starts to burn.

My diet is various but I keep the PUFA to around 5g per day and avoid gums etc.

Ive consumed:
cow milk (raw and proceeded) cheese (animal rennet only), eggs, coffee, black tea, sugar, coca cola (cane sugar only), prawns, oysters, liver, beef gelatine (from can), lamb, beef steakes, home made oj, potato, chicken breast, rice, apricots, peaches, watermelon, tomato's, lettuce, beet root, onion, garlic, lychees, grapes, corn, wheat, candy, chocolate, apple juice, butter, refined coconut oil, some palm oil, ice-cream, white fish, salt, white vinegar.

I was smoking cigarettes but stopped at the new year.

I avoid all additives, Ive used natural deodorant, tried no soap, tried no shampoo, tried no clothing detergent Ive lived in different countries in this time so its not my bed pillow or something.

Recently started using selsun blue to wash my hair which has been good for the scalp.

Im 67kgs 5'5 and fairly sedentary I eat 1500-2200 calories per day depending on what I'm doing.

I even looked up the natural healing and put vinegar on it but made in much more inflamed and very painful so I don't think its a fungal issue.

Doc thinks its from an allergen.

Im in a cycle of applying the the cortisone cream once then the dermatitis disappears then week later the dermatitis creeps back and I re apply the cream.

Im open to new idea's I ready to change tacts.. any insight is much appreciated.

Ben.

Last edited:

Milena

I have patches of dry skin intermittently, dandruff, psoriasis patches on my legs, general dry skin, keratosis pilaris on my upper arms.

Things that affect my skin adversely. Large o6 PUFA/03 PUFA ratio, large muscle meat/gelatin ratio i.e. unbalanced amino acid pool, too much Vit A, too little Vit A.
I have not found a single solution - balance appears key.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I haven't. Ill eat lamb every day and see if that helps. thanks.

EIRE24

I have patches of dry skin intermittently, dandruff, psoriasis patches on my legs, general dry skin, keratosis pilaris on my upper arms.

Things that affect my skin adversely. Large o6 PUFA/03 PUFA ratio, large muscle meat/gelatin ratio i.e. unbalanced amino acid pool, too much Vit A, too little Vit A.
I have not found a single solution - balance appears key.
I have also tried all of this and nothing works but for both you and OP should try a urea cream. This is what I am going to try and think it could help

Milena

I have also tried all of this and nothing works but for both you and OP should try a urea cream. This is what I am going to try and think it could help
Lots of things work for me @ Eire24 -
balancing my 06/03 fats, reducing my o6 fats (less o3 needed to balance), going almost no fat and only getting incidental PUFA in coconut oil, eating more liver but not too much, eating loads of fruit (getting loads of beta carotene), eating loads of gelatine or bone broth, eating less muscle meat.
It all seems to be about the balance of many variables in my body.
I have not found one single, magic bullet, solution. I have found many factors. :)

EIRE24

Lots of things work for me @ Eire24 -
balancing my 06/03 fats, reducing my o6 fats (less o3 needed to balance), going almost no fat and only getting incidental PUFA in coconut oil, eating more liver but not too much, eating loads of fruit (getting loads of beta carotene), eating loads of gelatine or bone broth, eating less muscle meat.
It all seems to be about the balance of many variables in my body.
I have not found one single, magic bullet, solution. I have found many factors. :)
And all of these totally clear it up?

Gl;itch.e

Anyone mentioned B6? That's the ticket imo. A clean gut and some B6.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Anyone mentioned B6? That's the ticket imo. A clean gut and some B6.

Firstly, I have tried:

• Topical retinol up to 100000IU per day
  • Vitamin b6 pyridoxine 10mg to 50mg per day
  • Penicillin
  • Aspirin
  • Vitamin K
  • Daily carrot salad
  • Eating liver once per week
  • Eating oysters twice per week
  • Tried grain free for over a month numerous times
  • Tried dairy free for a few weeks.
  • Tried cutting out the great lakes gelatin for a few weeks
  • Tried cutting out the coca cola
  • Tried progesterone
  • Tried thyroid
  • Spent more time in sun
  • Used Cypro 2mg a night for 12 weeks
  • Tried charcoal.
  • Tried changing macro ratios

Milena

Perhaps it is a fungal or bacterial infection. What does your doctor say? Did you make any diet or lifestyle changes at that time?

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I thought something like this but Ive used penicillin, charcoal and carrot salad and mushrooms and didn't have any effect on the dermatitis.

I can't remember what I was doing at the time Ive tried to think about exactly what I was doing. My diet is always changing so its difficult to remember.

Gl;itch.e

Salt? how much are you getting? After B6/Carrots daily Id rate salt highly beneficial in skin conditions.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I salt my food generously with sea salt. I haven't counted the amounts before, Ill look into how much I'm having. Thanks.

PhilParma

I have dermatitis, below my eyes and around my nose. Like you, can feel it coming on--the skin around my nostrils starts to burn. I have kept the dermatitis at bay for over a year using vitamin D drops, 1000IU in MCT oil. Applied topically to recurring problem areas.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I have dermatitis, below my eyes and around my nose. Like you, can feel it coming on--the skin around my nostrils starts to burn. I have kept the dermatitis at bay for over a year using vitamin D drops, 1000IU in MCT oil. Applied topically to recurring problem areas.

Thanks for the insight.

Do you feel its totally gone? and won't come back if you stop the D

I did suspect vitamin D as it was coming into winter when it first appeared and then I spent the summer on the other side of the world in winter.

Im making a bigger effort to spend more time in the sun as of yesterday as its autumn/fall and very nice days currently.

PhilParma

Thanks for the insight.

Do you feel its totally gone? and won't come back if you stop the D

I did suspect vitamin D as it was coming into winter when it first appeared and then I spent the summer on the other side of the world in winter.

Im making a bigger effort to spend more time in the sun as of yesterday as its autumn/fall and very nice days currently.

I don't know if it's gone per se because I apply the vitamin D regularly as a preventative measure. I suspect that the dermatitis would come back eventually if I stopped applying the D oil. I live a high latitude with long winters; I doubt I would have the dermatitis problem at all if I lived in a brighter/warmer climate.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Thats interesting. Its good to here that that you have found a safe way to prevent it.

If going in the sun more doesn't change it I will try the D oil.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals