Losing all hope here. Dandruff fiasco

Cloudhands

This hopefully will be my last update.

I have tried every single vitamin and perhaps every single non herb supplement you could imagine. I have 3 boxes of hundreds of barely used supplements. Supplements i binned. I gave everything a 3-5 day test. With all my experimentation I was never able to beat this flaking.

So if oral supplements aren't going to work, the last resort was topical. I was really trying to avoid this route because I figured it was a bandaid not a cure and I was avoiding the problem. Well let me tell you, head and shoulders 10 mins on my head resulted in even more flakes. The benefit was practically zero.

Three different topical pharma grade antifungals 10 mins and very well rubbed into my scalp. Zero benefit. When I say zero benefit I mean like only 10 mins after drying off from the shower the flakes are going crazy.

I even tried condtioners and moisturizers thinking maybe just maybe I was wrong and I had dry skin. Zero benefit!

I have been suffering from dandruff for probably a decade. And only in the past two years has this accelerated. Been fighting the food fight for two years. Well today marks three days of a flake free life or to be fair a 99.9% flake free controlled free life. All Thanks to mct oil…….

I read a few posts about how people tried everything for their sebbohreic dermatitis and that nothing worked until they tried MCT oil honestly when i read that months ago I just figured its probably over exaggerated on its effects or perhaps someone was shilling it and honestly it would be a great business strategy but I have already spent thousands on thousands of dollars being a gunea pig. Whats one more thing right plus I honestly never give up. When I want something I will literally probably die trying to get whatever it is.

Not only has this unflaked me. My skin is super smooth and soft. Not oily and icky or dry. Just nice and I feel different in a good way.

I hope this is the end for me. I want to pack the supplements away. I want to be free and healthy.

For anyone reading this try the damn MCT oil keep it on for 10 mins rub it in. And after 2-3 days maybe you too can start to smell the freedom.

Out!
pray this is it for you bro, you deserve the relief!!

L_C

This hopefully will be my last update.

I have tried every single vitamin and perhaps every single non herb supplement you could imagine. I have 3 boxes of hundreds of barely used supplements. Supplements i binned. I gave everything a 3-5 day test. With all my experimentation I was never able to beat this flaking.

So if oral supplements aren't going to work, the last resort was topical. I was really trying to avoid this route because I figured it was a bandaid not a cure and I was avoiding the problem. Well let me tell you, head and shoulders 10 mins on my head resulted in even more flakes. The benefit was practically zero.

Three different topical pharma grade antifungals 10 mins and very well rubbed into my scalp. Zero benefit. When I say zero benefit I mean like only 10 mins after drying off from the shower the flakes are going crazy.

I even tried condtioners and moisturizers thinking maybe just maybe I was wrong and I had dry skin. Zero benefit!

I have been suffering from dandruff for probably a decade. And only in the past two years has this accelerated. Been fighting the food fight for two years. Well today marks three days of a flake free life or to be fair a 99.9% flake free controlled free life. All Thanks to mct oil…….

I read a few posts about how people tried everything for their sebbohreic dermatitis and that nothing worked until they tried MCT oil honestly when i read that months ago I just figured its probably over exaggerated on its effects or perhaps someone was shilling it and honestly it would be a great business strategy but I have already spent thousands on thousands of dollars being a gunea pig. Whats one more thing right plus I honestly never give up. When I want something I will literally probably die trying to get whatever it is.

Not only has this unflaked me. My skin is super smooth and soft. Not oily and icky or dry. Just nice and I feel different in a good way.

I hope this is the end for me. I want to pack the supplements away. I want to be free and healthy.

For anyone reading this try the damn MCT oil keep it on for 10 mins rub it in. And after 2-3 days maybe you too can start to smell the freedom.

Out!
After you applied MCT oil, did you then wash your scalp with shampoo? I would assume MCT oil makes hair oily.

After you applied MCT oil, did you then wash your scalp with shampoo? I would assume MCT oil makes hair oily.
I personally would be a little scared to useMCT oil on my head. The stuff eats away plastic lids on to-go cups in a matter of minutes. This might be ok short term for someone with hearty course dark hair, but someone with brittle, fine. thin or bleached hair might find themselves with a bigger problem than dandruff with this idea.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I personally would be a little scared to useMCT oil on my head. The stuff eats away plastic lids on to-go cups in a matter of minutes. This might be ok short term for someone with hearty course dark hair, but someone with brittle, fine. thin or bleached hair might find themselves with a bigger problem than dandruff with this idea.
You are neglecting the long term mechanism behind that. Plastics are essentially long chain oils. So its not crazy to think certain oils will also dissolve other oils. Mct oil has naturally found fatty acids in coconut. Although it is processed. But of course proceed at your own risk but this stuff has been amazing. Started to take a teaspoon orally a day.

Idk what the mechanism behind the success is but most people think its antifungal but if it was then why dont three different pharma grade antifungal not work.

Summer

MCT wasn’t a long-term solution for me. It lessened the appearance of dandruff but that was only because of its moisturizing effect. It didn’t get to the root of my problem which is sebum. Currently going low fat, drinking more water throughout the day and trying to lower stress. Just basic stuff with an emphasis on trying to heal my liver. I suspect that I’m insulin-resistant and probably have NAFLD.

Edit: and also low fructose.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

MCT wasn’t a long-term solution for me. It lessened the appearance of dandruff but that was only because of its moisturizing effect. It didn’t get to the root of my problem which is sebum. Currently going low fat, drinking more water throughout the day and trying to lower stress. Just basic stuff with an emphasis on trying to heal my liver. I suspect that I’m insulin-resistant and probably have NAFLD.
Interesting. Ya i dont have oily dandruff. Mine was there whether my hair was oily or dry. If it was oily i would get a scalp gunk buildup which was what I can only assume to be flakes combined with sebum creating a nasty paste.

What makes you think u are insulin resistant ,

You are neglecting the long term mechanism behind that. Plastics are essentially long chain oils. So its not crazy to think certain oils will also dissolve other oils. Mct oil has naturally found fatty acids in coconut. Although it is processed. But of course proceed at your own risk but this stuff has been amazing. Started to take a teaspoon orally a day.

Idk what the mechanism behind the success is but most people think its antifungal but if it was then why dont three different pharma grade antifungal not work.

I think highly of MCT oil topicality, and wrote a post myself on it’s magic, but I stopped taking it orally , after RP pointed out that it should be avoided internally because it can create new allergies.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I think highly of MCT oil topicality, and wrote a post myself on it’s magic, but I stopped taking it orally , after RP pointed out that it should be avoided internally because it can create new allergies.

Ya i read that too. But that study dome was on rats. And frankly with the amount of things that occur in rats but doesnt occur in humans i am gonna take the risk. Cause in my experience almost every study i read working on rats never translates to humans.

Ya i read that too. But that study dome was on rats. And frankly with the amount of things that occur in rats but doesnt occur in humans i am gonna take the risk. Cause in my experience almost every study i read working on rats never translates to humans.

I developed extreme histamine issues subscribing to the Bullet-Proof diet by using MCT oil liberally in my coffee, salad dressings and carrying packets of it to restaurants to make my food healthier. Take your risks, but I just wanted to throw out some caution, as Ray Peat has, on the matter.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I developed extreme histamine issues subscribing to the Bullet-Proof diet by using MCT oil liberally in my coffee, salad dressings and carrying packets of it to restaurants to make my food healthier. Take your risks, but I just wanted to throw out some caution, as Ray Peat has, on the matter.
Interesting how much were you consuming. I wonder if it has to do with the load on the liver. I heard mct oil can cause fatty liver. So i figured i would use choline to counter

Do you think its normal that the skin where hair grows appears go be whiter ?

Attachments

• ADF6EFE6-593C-4DCF-8836-3E655ED4B582.png
    ADF6EFE6-593C-4DCF-8836-3E655ED4B582.png
    855.2 KB · Views: 33
Interesting how much were you consuming. I wonder if it has to do with the load on the liver. I heard mct oil can cause fatty liver. So i figured i would use choline to counter
I wasn’t consuming a lot of MCT in a day, because I didn’t eat salads or eat out all the time, but I did regularly have a daily coffee with MCT in it. It didn’t irritate my digestion at all either, like it does many people. I have a gut of steel :)

Summer

Interesting. Ya i dont have oily dandruff. Mine was there whether my hair was oily or dry. If it was oily i would get a scalp gunk buildup which was what I can only assume to be flakes combined with sebum creating a nasty paste.

What makes you think u are insulin resistant ,
Oh okay. Mine is similar but also when a strand of my hair falls out, it often has a sebum bulb which was very telling for me.

I think I’m insulin resistant mainly because I’m skinny-fat and have been since I was a teenager (in my early 30s now).

Ben.

Well it does more than just kill certain bacteria. It improves skin barrier function by up regulating AQP-3, filaggrin and involucrin mRNA expression and also protects against UVB radiation. The body also uses it readily for energy. The pharma antifungals also may wipe off to many bacteria that would keep the ones causing trouble in check.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Well it does more than just kill certain bacteria. It improves skin barrier function by up regulating AQP-3, filaggrin and involucrin mRNA expression and also protects against UVB radiation. The body also uses it readily for energy. The pharma antifungals also may wipe off to many bacteria that would keep the ones causing trouble in check.
Oh i see. I wonder if i can cycle this and maintain a flake free life. I was theorizing that perhaps i have fungus in my gut and i have build some sort of allergy to it and thus when the body finds it on my skin where it should be it reacts.

The concerns people mentioned about oral mct are valid.

My experience using it topically though has been amazing.

First and second application gave me 12 hour relief. Third application 24 hour relief.

Continuing perhaps will give me 36 hour relief. Going to keep at it and see how long i can stop using it.

IVILA

Maybe the best way to fix this is using antifungals and killing the harmful bacteria in the microbiome. While also trying to support the liver. The root cause is probably iron overload with retinol deficiency.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Maybe the best way to fix this is using antifungals and killing the harmful bacteria in the microbiome. While also trying to support the liver. The root cause is probably iron overload with retinol deficiency.
Nope and nope. Not only was my ferritin low in a good level so was my retinol supplementation.

IVILA

Nope and nope. Not only was my ferritin low in a good level so was my retinol supplementation.
How do you know? Ferritin is not an accurate measure of iron status. DId you test iron saturation and retinol in the serum?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

How do you know? Ferritin is not an accurate measure of iron status. DId you test iron saturation and retinol in the serum?
I supplemented so much retinol that ***t had to be in my serum and many many many people have done the same with no success. I also used inositol often to lower iron levels.

I really doubt its what ur saying i tried every single vitamin high doses. A mix of them ive been at this for over 2 years and nothing works like this oil

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals