MPD And Deteriorating Mental Health

Orius

I'm feeling really devastated. I'm 32. The hair on my crown is falling out more and more each day. It's almost like something got activated and now I'm losing it all. I used to always have a bit of thin hair there but nothing like what's currently happening. It is accelerating a lot. I see it in the shower or any time I just put my fingers through my hair. It's to the point that I can't cover the bald spot anymore by just combing my hair over it. No widow's peaks, but the crown part is spreading.

Also the crown of my head HURTS. The scalp is itchy, tingly, and tender to the touch. My entire head has horrible peeling scales and dandruff. If I peel one of the scales off, it takes hair with it. I've tried Nizoral, apple cider vinegar rinses, diet correction, nothing works. I don't understand?

My doctor can only offer minoxidil or finasteride, both of which are not practical. Minoxidil is expensive and you have to apply it twice a day. Finasteride kills DHT. But I don't know what to do. I feel like finasteride may be my only hope. I don't want to lose my hair!!!

There is still peach fuzz type hair on my crown but I don't know for how much longer.

There is clearly a yeast problem, but I don't know what else. I'm not losing hair from anywhere else on my head, just the crown. I have been suicidal lately because of it. I don't want to lose my hair. Most people in my life are ignoring my suffering, or saying that it's not a big deal.. but hair loss is disfiguring. It's a nightmare.

Is vitamin K enough to stop scalp calcification?

How do I get rid of this damn yeast? I am avoiding sugar, I'm trying to kill candida inside my body but it doesn't seem to be working.

What can I do with hormones to stop this?

I have back searched this forum but there are so many threads on this and I am so confused about what to do.

Runenight201

You sound stressed, which is understandable. You are probably stressed from a psychological and physical perspective.

You need to mention what your typical diet is like if anyone is going to help you. Balding is a systemic problem and there isn’t one solution to the problem. Your entire diet and lifestyle must change if you are to solve the problem.

This includes eating the correct foods, getting ample sunlight, getting good sleep, engaging in meaningful activities/relationships, avoiding stressful and meaningless jobs and relationships, getting quality movement each and every day (yoga, stretching, light cardio, tai chi), and picking up meditation and pursuing spiritual growth.

Also minoxidil isn’t expensive. You can order a generic 3 months supply from amazon for 40 bucks I believe.

OP
O

Orius

Sorry for the delayed reply, and thank you for taking the time to respond to me.

Yes, I am stressed psychologically. I live in a very vain part of the world where looks are everything (west coast North America), and my line if work is also related to appearance. Not to mention it just looks awful and is disfiguring.

My diet... very well rounded. I have auto-immune inflammatory bowel, so I make most of my food at home. There's an emphasis on minerals and enzymes in my diet. All food groups are well represented, lots of good fats. I don't each much saturated fat or vegetable oil, except for virgin olive oil and coconut oil. I'm a meat eater, my meats are all organic / pasture raised. I don't eat a lot of fruit because it's sugary and contributes to my scalp issues, but I do get adequate whole food vitamin C from other sources. I don't really know how to summarize my entire diet. It might be more useful to recommend things to avoid? My diet is very diverse with a focus on whole organic foods that I cook at home. I rarely eat out. I also don't eat gluten, dairy, or grains for the most part.

I go to the gym regularly. I'm tall and my build is medium/muscular. I also do yoga twice a weak, along with wet and dry saunas.

I don't get much sun exposure because I live in the pacific northwest where it's dark at this time of year. My health does get worse in the colder season over all. Tanning beds don't seem realistic or healthy, but I wish I could do something like that.

Supplements wise, I take CoQ10, L-tyrosine, Boron, D3 5,000 IU every two days, magnesium, bee pollen, green mineral powder, DHEA 25mg and pregnenolone 50mg. The reason for the hormones is complicated, but because of the MPD I am considering stopping them. My blood work shows that my T is within normal range, but I can't afford a DHT test right now. Raypeat told me via email that my blood work looks fine and that 25mg DHEA is not a big deal considering my chronic health issues. I was on long-term prednisone for deadly inflammation. The drug wrecked my bones, my hormone system, etc. The DHEA is helping me recover. I also find that pregnenolone really protects my body from stress. However, it's impossible to ignore that these may be contributing to my MPD, especially now that I am going to the gym. I recently saw an endocrinologist who simply said she couldn't advise me about my pregnenolone and DHEA usage, but that my blood work looked OK.

A couple of things recommended to me are to use Nizoral (fluconazole) on my scalp, along with rosemary essential oil. Together these inhibit DHT and stimulate blood flow. I don't want to use minoxidil because it could cause immediate hair shedding and actually make me bald, and I can't afford that in my current industry. I tried saw palmetto and it made me a shell of a man. I was non-functional. My naturopath says this could mean that something like finasteride would really wreck me. So I'm looking at topical solutions here.

My lifestyle is not overly stressful, albeit rather isolated. I don't get a lot of human touch. The city I live in is rather antisocial. People are airy and flake out a lot. I'm considering moving. I was on disability for over a year and it was the most lonely year of my life. I have been back at work for 2 months now and happy with it. I don't think this has anything to do with my MPD, but you asked so I'm sharing.

Is this enough info to go on? I feel like scalp fungus + hormones + my chronic health issues have all been contributing to my crown losing hair. I just want it to stop already.

Runenight201

It seems like you’re eating mainly lean meats. Have you tried eating more fatty cuts of beef? Skirt steak is my newfound favorite type of beef. I eat that and ground beef, and both are very warming for me. I instantly feel my hands warm up after consuming these foods, which is nice for the coldness of winter. (Side note: I do feel bad for any vegans who live in the north, they must be freezing!)

I think you would benefit from liberating your diet a little more. I know we all love to denounce wheat and others like to trash dairy, but I have found that by upping the amount of beef and eggs, these other foods become well tolerated. I eat white bread with my eggs, and pasta with my beef, and these all warm me up and being me a lot of great nourishment. Granted, you have a more serious autoimmune condition, but I really do think that beef and eggs have something magical (could just be the cholesterol and b vitamins) in them that helps so much with male hormone production and optimal health. Raw milk is supposed to have advantages over pasteurized conventional milk, and that will be my next avenue, once I can afford it.

If you don’t eat grains, aren’t eating sugars, then are you subsisting on lean meats, potatoes, and coconut fat? I really think that if you could liberate your diet, and especially include more fatty animal foods, things could start to improve.

OP
O

Orius

I'm celiac, so gluten of any kind is impossible. I'm also lactose intolerant. I can tolerate small amounts of fermented dairy, like yogurt and kefir. I consume starchy vegetables and I get most of my carbs from veggies. Grains aggravate my IBD and are pro-inflammatory in general. I love beef, eggs, and clarified butter. I also live in a part of the world where there is abundant wild salmon, so I partake in that too. Meat is big in my diet, and I don't care what vegans think. I have an "airy" constitution and dense foods like meat are better for me.

Still, I'm not sure what this has to do with androgenic alopecia?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals