Jordan B Peterson; Anyone Else Following This?

Tarmander

Lots of good people work for intelligence. I listened to his Joe Rogan interview and he talked about marxism, soviet russia, hitler, the nazis, SJWs, safe spaces, coerced pronouns, identity politics, feminism, womens studies, etc etc.

Lot of key words with this guy.

He's part of the dialog...he's not outside of it. He's teaching people how to think and feel about the issues.

Do you actually know lots of good people that work for intelligence or are you just saying that?

I don't really understand how using those keywords alludes that he is a CIA agent. I mean maybe he is, I don't really know much about the CIA...Ray talks about LSD sometimes, does that qualify him?

from his youtube home page. Standard symbology.

I took a look at his book. Same symbology.

41B9EkcayxL._SX396_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

But what's more intriguing is the content. Here's the synopsis:

Why have people from different cultures and eras formulated myths and stories with similar structures? What does this similarity tell us about the mind, morality, and structure of the world itself? Jordan Peterson offers a provocative new hypothesis that explores the connection between what modern neuropsychology tells us about the brain and what rituals, myths, and religious stories have long narrated. A cutting-edge work that brings together neuropsychology, cognitive science, and Freudian and Jungian approaches to mythology and narrative, Maps of Meaning presents a rich theory that makes the wisdom and meaning of myth accessible to the critical modern mind.

The reason people from different cultures and eras have formulated myths and stories with similiar structures is because those myths and stories are different retellings of the same story. They do not arise due to an artifact of the human mind. They are a result of historical events witnessed worldwide a la velikovsky. They are also fragments of pre-deluvian history.

It seems like the purpose of this book (and I assume his body of work) would be to rationalize and explain away the impossible coincidence of almost every culture having a story about an ancient flood, great men of old, and visitors from above.

If it's a result of jungian archetypes and neuropsychology then I guess it didn't happen right guise?

Do you actually know lots of good people that work for intelligence or are you just saying that?

I don't really understand how using those keywords alludes that he is a CIA agent. I mean maybe he is, I don't really know much about the CIA...Ray talks about LSD sometimes, does that qualify him?

No it doesn't. Lots of good people work for the CIA. It's a heterogeneous organization. When someone like Peterson gets the reception and protection and promotion that he does it makes me wonder. Why wasn't he fired unceremoniously as would usually happen? Because of his Charisma and good looks?

My post above shows why he would be useful as an intelligence agent.

zztr

Come on folks, pimpnamedraypeat is obviously a CIA agent. We can't ignore it at this point. Look at the standard symbolism.

Tarmander

No it doesn't. Lots of good people work for the CIA. It's a heterogeneous organization. When someone like Peterson gets the reception and protection and promotion that he does it makes me wonder. Why wasn't he fired unceremoniously as would usually happen? Because of his Charisma and good looks?

I am curious, I want to know these good people from the CIA. Maybe you could point me in the direction that you are thinking on that?

I have no idea why he was not fired. My understanding is that the CIA has been tied with some of the constitutional bending (breaking?) that has been occurring in the last couple decades. Like I said, I do not know a lot about the CIA, but whenever I have read about them, it always seems they are doing something unethical. Peterson seems like exactly the kind of guy who would not be into that. Plus he is Canadian...maybe their intelligence agency is all about havin a Molson and watchen some hockey eh?

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Sorry it really doesn't.
JP has an entire text book and hundreds of hours of lectures to back his thesis, you have a few forum posts. And it's not even clear what your thesis is other than "he's a CIA agent" alongside a rather simpleminded refuatation of Jungian archetypes. (Ha, aren't you the one explaining away?) And the relationship between your two hypotheses - you have not articulated it.

Last edited:
@pimpnamedraypeat do you believe that sometimes good things can happen in society organically and spontaneously?

I suppose. But fame is not organic or spontaneous.

I am curious, I want to know these good people from the CIA. Maybe you could point me in the direction that you are thinking on that?

I have no idea why he was not fired. My understanding is that the CIA has been tied with some of the constitutional bending (breaking?) that has been occurring in the last couple decades. Like I said, I do not know a lot about the CIA, but whenever I have read about them, it always seems they are doing something unethical. Peterson seems like exactly the kind of guy who would not be into that. Plus he is Canadian...maybe their intelligence agency is all about havin a Molson and watchen some hockey eh?

Who is your favorite modern writer or thinker? The more popular the better. That's often a good start.

As far as the CIA goes they are as concerned with controlling culture and thought in western society as they are with formenting revolutions and destabilizing non-western societies. Lots of famous people work for intelligence. This goes for musicians, actors, authors, thinkers, spiritualists, etc etc. They are very concerned with controlling culture in a soft fascism kind of way. It is better for them if there is always someone there who has done the thinking for you.

Sorry it really doesn't.
JP has an entire book and hundreds of hours of lectures to back his thesis, you have a few forum posts.

That doesn't mean he's right.

And it's not even clear what your thesis is other than "he's a CIA agent"

I don't have a thesis I have an accusation.

alongside a rather simpleminded refuatation of Jungian archetypes. (Ha, aren't you the one explaining away?)

I didn't refute jungian archetypes (thought they do sound kinda dumb) I refuted his use of Jungian archetypes to explain away cultural myths.

And the relationship between your two hypotheses - you have not articulated it.

I articulated it well. He is obfuscating the truth hidden in synchronistic cultural myths by turning them into artifacts of the human mind. Basically, if all these stories that point to the same events arise from the mind, then the event that they point to didn't happen.

x-ray peat

I took a look at his book. Same symbology.
But what's more intriguing is the content. Here's the synopsis:
The reason people from different cultures and eras have formulated myths and stories with similiar structures is because those myths and stories are different retellings of the same story. They do not arise due to an artifact of the human mind. They are a result of historical events witnessed worldwide a la velikovsky. They are also fragments of pre-deluvian history.

It seems like the purpose of this book (and I assume his body of work) would be to rationalize and explain away the impossible coincidence of almost every culture having a story about an ancient flood, great men of old, and visitors from above.

If it's a result of jungian archetypes and neuropsychology then I guess it didn't happen right guise?
I was actually referring to the picture of him with one eye illuminated, looking to the side, legs crossed, and fingers interlaced. These are all masonic signs of recognition. The color scheme of the book and the quartered circle are also Masonic. Just like criminal gangs they love to flash their affiliation. I am not sure if he is CIA (there are lots of groups involved) but he is definitely a gate keeper ala chomsky as you said.

tomisonbottom

We figure things out together. He listens, asks very targeted questions. He makes suggestions, and when they are right on (and they often are), I do what the doctor recommends. (Except when he recommended 5htp a few weeks ago, haha)
Initially he was suspicious that I actually had bipolar disorder as opposed to being a low conscientious, useless 20 something male. That was frustrating but he had good reason to suspect that at the time.

Oh man, that's crazy you get to see him regularly. Please get him to reconsider peat's way because he looks tired and worn. I worry about him and want to send him some estroban, haha

I was actually referring to the picture of him with one eye illuminated, looking to the side, legs crossed, and fingers interlaced. These are all masonic signs of recognition. The color scheme of the book and the quartered circle are also Masonic. Just like criminal gangs they love to flash their affiliation. I am not sure if he is CIA (there are lots of groups involved) but he is definitely a gate keeper ala chomsky as you said.

Good catch. I thought he was just being pretentious. I don't know if he is CIA but he is definitely in intelligence. Could be a mason

logo.png

Check out the star on the hat above his head

nk-photos-ci-jordan-peterson-23.jpg

x-ray peat

Nice. He definitely lined that up on purpose. Also for someone who touts the Gulag Archipelago so often it's interesting that he has so many pictures of himself with Soviet symbols behind him.

1297890913316_ORIGINAL.jpg

545879884.jpg

Last edited:

Footscray

He may have the seratonin idea like every one else in the mainstream. But he talks a lot about dopamine and that it helps make life real and enjoyable.
It would be fantastic if we could get Ray and Jordan to talk with each other, or just read some of each other's work. What they could add would be even richer with an appreciation of each other. Maybe we are the real lucky ones to get to read and incorporate these important ideas, from all the loud rubbish out there.

x-ray peat

from wikipedia
220px-Peterson_Lecture_%2833522701146%29.png

aOY0s9QoEy_XmvQdqFqk_ESZ10kCDomQ_CTXAkEpR8PpIuws636Ej6VQmy2H8uAzUedtV4C0pfKCA2Klf53wacPuwhrlMkECktmU0UfOA_7ckuxBfPXFTQ7x-2lj21MpePZZeqeySWh_VIto=s0-d

"Bush, Ron Paul, Putin and Chavez. This is the occult "Sign of Praise" or sign of admiration (see Richardson's monitor of freemasonry p.62), one of the most commonly used masonic/occult signal. The gesture looks like someone is holding an invisible ball. An ancient religious sign that is still used today by different religions but it is also used by freemasons as a sign of recognition."

OP
C

CoconutEffect

from wikipedia
220px-Peterson_Lecture_%2833522701146%29.png

aOY0s9QoEy_XmvQdqFqk_ESZ10kCDomQ_CTXAkEpR8PpIuws636Ej6VQmy2H8uAzUedtV4C0pfKCA2Klf53wacPuwhrlMkECktmU0UfOA_7ckuxBfPXFTQ7x-2lj21MpePZZeqeySWh_VIto=s0-d

"Bush, Ron Paul, Putin and Chavez. This is the occult "Sign of Praise" or sign of admiration (see Richardson's monitor of freemasonry p.62), one of the most commonly used masonic/occult signal. The gesture looks like someone is holding an invisible ball. An ancient religious sign that is still used today by different religions but it is also used by freemasons as a sign of recognition."
This is a joke, right?

Footscray

I am not American, so I am not invested in your political bull**** at the moment and don't care for these conspiracy theories. This guy has something really meaningful to say to this age we live in. If we don't listen to him that's ok, but if we don't listen to our ancient myths and stories of our ancestors then we have problems.

jaa

He's a nice enough guy. I like his response to people who want to force others to use new pronouns. I don't think his ideas on truth make much sense, at least not in the way he presents it. When he starts talking about archetypes he makes a lot of leaps of faith before finally reaching a conclusion. This coupled with his speaking style makes him anything but clear. He rambles on for 30 minutes to reach a conclusion that could be summed in 30 seconds. I don't think he's being deliberately dishonest, I just think he's convinced himself he is speaking truth and found a way to say it that makes it the easiest for his audience to digest. Like chopping and grinding and seasoning and performing a spell on chopped wood.

Tarmander

This thread got comical. I am going to start going around and using beach ball hands to praise people and hopefully get invited into some secret society.

AJC

Some of Peterson's main points:
1)Strengthen the individual
2)Solve your personal problems
3)Do not lie
4)Speak the Truth as far as you can and see what happens
5)Don't raise children into incompetent baby-adults who can't do anything for themselves and need safe-spaces, or who feel the need to provide safe-spaces to other baby-adults
6)Free speech is how society is able to correct itself, without free speech it loses this ability
7)Don't waste time
8)There is such a thing as truth and it is important

Right out of the CIA handbook for sure...

In all realness I think his popularity and power comes from what he's speaking out against--Post Modernism, Marxism, Solipsism--and the fact that he's been formulating and speaking and teaching these ideas for 25 years now. People are ready to hear this kind of message and we have the medium for it to spread (see below).

Cultural popularity these days is not determined in as centralized a manner as it was a few years ago, not to mention a few decades ago when the only possible information sources were corporation-controlled. Social media, 4chan, youtube are not fully CIA or Corporation controlled like our major news sources of old (CNN, MSN, NBC, etc) are. This allows ideas and people to rise more organically in a way that harmonizes and builds off the actual desires, feelings, and ideals of a population, rather than simply what "cultural-engineers" want. Peterson's popularity grew on youtube and other social media sites, not on those mainstream news sources. To think that fame can only arise from a conspiracy is such a pessimistic and sad idea (not to mention incorrect) and is crippling because it turns off discernment in the mind as to whether someone's message is good or bad and simply makes the computation "popular=CIA conspiracy=stay away". Anyone who actually listens to Peterson's message will probably come to a pretty quick conclusion that it is a positive one, not just in ideals but also in execution (the important part where many supposed "good" philosophies fail utterly). I fail to see any difference in how Ray Peat became popular and how Peterson became popular.

P.S. I was beach-ball-handsing throughout this entire post.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals