Jordan B Peterson; Anyone Else Following This?

aarfai

He's an incredible life strategist; in additon to his Rogerian, Jungian, Freudian (etc) tools, he's saved me countless times, dealing with my illness and simultaneously, my very Oedipal family (with many family sessions)
He even helped my twin sister get through a bad breakup. He embodies precisely what he teaches. The real deal. I am very fortunate.
How does he advise to strategize one's life?

wouldn't surprise me at all. Gotta keep the dialectic going. Do you have a source?

His sudden appearance years ago as the foil to the easily triggered safe space sjws.
He's being pushed at all the right places so he's almost impossible to ignore.
His target is the soft reactionary 20 something intellegensia who spends a lot of time on the internet.

A lot of agents work in higher education.

But I must be wrong because we have one of his clients in this very thread...

Footscray

This is so cool. I discovered Jordan this year listening to a Liberarian podcast that I nearly deleted. Then went whoa! this guy is so good. I've listened to him most days since and just love it. I've a real longing for the stuff he talks about. I've read a lot of Steiner and he is not as mystical as Steiner but it seems deeply rooted in a phychology that seems like it is moving towards the light/truth whatever we want to call it. I've wondered when and if people on this forum have caught him and glad they have.
He is a internet sensation at the moment as the pronoun controversy rages in Canada, but it's his older stuff I mostly love. He is on many people's podcasts at the moment but his own podcast rocks.

squanch

Is the whole SJW, neo feminism, safespace, gender whatever movement really such a big thing in American universities and mainstream media? I always thought it doesn't really exist outside of tumblr and reddit.
Somebody living outside of the USA who doesn't frequent English speaking social media wouldn't even know this is a thing. It just seems like some really retarded teenage rebellion, why are people even paying attention to it?

x-ray peat

Is the whole SJW, neo feminism, safespace, gender whatever movement really such a big thing in American universities and mainstream media? I always thought it doesn't really exist outside of tumblr and reddit.
Somebody living outside of the USA who doesn't frequent English speaking social media wouldn't even know this is a thing. It just seems like some really retarded teenage rebellion, why are people even paying attention to it?
Because they won't be teenagers forever and will soon vote and eventually hold positions of power. We shouldn't underestimate the power of Marxist indoctrination.

AJC

Probably one of the best ways to improve health and happiness

OP
C

CoconutEffect

That was my sense of him as he seems to be so practical as well as super smart. You are very lucky. Best of luck with everything and let him know he has a lot of fans on the RPF.
Thank you :praying:

Wouldn't it be great to get the two of them talking...

OP
C

CoconutEffect

because of Canadian Bill C 16

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Man that is so cool. You are super fortunate. I would love to hear more if you feel like sharing. Just some cool memories or what not. I love the "purity" thing. My younger self can relate. How does he test for conscientiousness ?
He may give a standard personality questionnaire. I've always had trouble completing it (ha low conscientiousness?) because my personality markers change when I'm in a hypomanic/euthymic or in a depressed phase.

How does anything he's doing align with their agenda? Or to go nuts, present useful controlled opposition? It makes no sense.

I haven't listened to him much but from what I've gathered he's saying sensible things that resonate with people and that sound good.

Also he's set himself against the unreasonableness of the SJWs and plays the foil to their bull****.

He's collecting followers, young intellectual followers...

Like another Noam Chomsky.

Makrosky

Me: (at my wits end with my bipolarity) "If there was only something I can do, doc (morally speaking), or fix, in my life to impove it, to make it better. I listen to your lectures compulsively, I dont even masturbate! I have no vices!"

Dr Peterson: (grinning) "except purity"
Great. Same idea behind PUFA obsession.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

I haven't listened to him much but from what I've gathered he's saying sensible things that resonate with people and that sound good.

Also he's set himself against the unreasonableness of the SJWs and plays the foil to their bull****.

He's collecting followers, young intellectual followers...

Like another Noam Chomsky.
Except that the majority of young (sophomoric) Noam Chomsky fans that I've encountered have never actually read any of his books. I don't think the proclivity to attract young intellectual followers should necessarily lump the two into the same category; that category is too broad. As far as I know, NC and JPB stand in complete intellectual opposition to one another. At least what JBP says is comprehensible. ;)

Last edited:

Tarmander

If Peterson is working for the CIA then sign me up. If the CIA sees value in his work then they are much more aware and working towards a positive future then I have given them credit for. Peterson would make the CIA better for being a part of it. The more I listen to him the smarter and wiser he becomes.

Except that the majority of young (sophomoric) Noam Chomsky fans that I've encountered have never actually read any of his books. I don't think the proclivity to attract young intellectual followers should necessarily lump the two into the same category; that category is too broad. As far as I know, NC and JPB stand in complete intellectual opposition to one another. At least what JBP says in comprehensible. ;)

He's comprehensible but he's also getting involved in the Hegelian dialogue vs the SJWs.

That's his role. He attracts followers by just being sensible, as opposed to the hysterics of the extremist left.

If Peterson is working for the CIA then sign me up. If the CIA sees value in his work then they are much more aware and working towards a positive future then I have given them credit for. Peterson would make the CIA better for being a part of it. The more I listen to him the smarter and wiser he becomes.

Lots of good people work for intelligence. I listened to his Joe Rogan interview and he talked about marxism, soviet russia, hitler, the nazis, SJWs, safe spaces, coerced pronouns, identity politics, feminism, womens studies, etc etc.

Lot of key words with this guy.

He's part of the dialog...he's not outside of it. He's teaching people how to think and feel about the issues.

x-ray peat

He's comprehensible but he's also getting involved in the Hegelian dialogue vs the SJWs.

That's his role. He attracts followers by just being sensible, as opposed to the hysterics of the extremist left.
from his youtube home page. Standard symbology.
jordan-smaller-size-bw.jpg

OP
C

CoconutEffect

I suppose it's not a competely ridiculous notion. Apparently Carl Jung frequently reported on Hitler's psychological condition to the US goverment. (ha I learned this from a JP lecture on Jung)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals