Jordan B Peterson; Anyone Else Following This?

Footscray

I don't do twitter and have said before I'm not in America but does every bloody interesting discussion have to get hijacked by culture warriors. Let's talk about this fellas unique and important ideas. And how they actually help people improve their lives, not from others helping them but learning to help themselves. Sounds like what Ray Peat would say?

Atman

His sudden appearance years ago as the foil to the easily triggered safe space sjws.
He's being pushed at all the right places so he's almost impossible to ignore.
His target is the soft reactionary 20 something intellegensia who spends a lot of time on the internet.

I've heard of him the first time 4 months ago. People on 8chan mentioned him several times.
I'm not yet sure where to put him.

I've heard of him the first ti
me 4 months ago. People on 8chan mentioned him several times.
I'm not yet sure where to put him.

He's being shilled hard on the independent free uncontrolled and uncontrollable social media sites like youtube, 4chan, 8chan, reddit, and forums such as this.

Jim Watkins owns 8chan and 2chan.

Watkins, on 8chan, posted photos of his family, but, he stopped posting after he said 8chan trolls took his photos and photoshopped them into things like 'Jim having sex with gay horses.'

Watkins says that 8chan had a Trump ad for most of the election.

Watkins says: "Our users are from Tennessee and Kentucky, Kansas, Montana, and places like that - they all voted for Trump.

"The largest board on 8channel was aggressively pushing Trump."

Are you a trump supporter?

edit: I'm bugging people with this conspiracy theory stuff. I'm going to make a seperate thread. Please respond to me there.

Footscray

We're talking about him because of culture wars. They're trying to ruin him because he won't humor crazy people and pretend they aren't men or women.
But he is trying to not buy into those wars, and more power to him for that. And some others on here going on about the CIA and all that crap instead of hearing what he has been saying for 30 years. My finding of his work was through him being now news worthy, but I've cut straight through that to what he is really trying to say. And I'm really getting a lot out of it.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

But he is trying to not buy into those wars, and more power to him for that. And some others on here going on about the CIA and all that crap instead of hearing what he has been saying for 30 years. My finding of his work was through him being now news worthy, but I've cut straight through that to what he is really trying to say. And I'm really getting a lot out of it.
yes and why would a CIA agent waste his time with a clinical practice?

x-ray peat

Peterson's work for the last 30 years is not the subject of the thread. The OP asked what people thought about his involvement in the LGBT forced pronoun issue in Canada. It is quite appropriate for the topic to question whether or not this is an organic issue or like so many other wedge issues are put into play by others with an ulterior motive in mind. If you want to only discuss Peterson's work than maybe you should start a new thread. Since this is the RPF, I should tell that Ray would most likely laugh at your dismissal of CIA involvement in politics as crap.
The huge amount of money the CIA had from the Marshall Plan allowed them, starting around 1950, to shape the culture and political movements in the US, providing carrots to complement the FBI’s sticks. Their biggest achievement has probably been to obliterate coherent thinking about the meaning of “left” and “right” in politics.

“Identity politics” has been a powerful way to distract people from their economic interests. As soon as M.L. King made the issue class, rather than race, he was killed. Many prominent “leftists” have been agents of the FBI or CIA, in the promotion of that cultural confusion. Ray Peat
On culture, government, and social class
yes and why would a CIA agent waste his time with a clinical practice?
He is probably not a CIA agent but it is not unreasonable to question whether or not he is a CIA or Canadian intelligence asset. He is definitely sticking to the dialectical script of SJW vs. Conservative.

Last edited:

Badger

"This blog updates with 3-5 articles everyday, put out by a former clandestine CIA officer, Marine major and author/authority on open source intel, Robert Steele. Check out interviews he's done (posted at this site) to get a flavor for what's he about:
Public Intelligence Blog
Public Intelligence Blog
Supposedly there's no such thing as a former CIA agent."

There is. I've known a bunch from various branches of the IC.

"I doubt Peterson is with CIA, he's just...a little too direct and abrasive to be an intel guy.Intel guys have different personalities and different roles."

True, but they all get the same basic training and use it when appropriate. Pederson, if he were CIA, would use that training to seem a lot nicer and thus get a lot more dupes into his CIA net.

"But even if Peterson has some CIA connection, which, again, I doubt, so what? He seems to be a good guy, like the examples I mention above. What's his nefarious plan, and the proof he has one?
I already posted above about his book using jungian archetypes and psychological mumbo jumbo to explain away gods and myths."

Does nothing whatsoever to prove he has a plan that he is implementing on behalf of CIA orders. There have been symbolic reductionists - psychological, sociological, anthropological, scientistic materialists and so on - of many kinds, all interpreting religious symbols or archetypes to be much lesser things than the religions claim of them. You may or may not like their ideas, but it does not matter, because it does not mean they were members of intel orgs or secret societies promoting such org's agendas . Was Freud with CIA (or would have been) because his brand of reductionism explained all religious symbols in terms of sexual functions and desires? Is is it proof that French anthropologist Claude Lévi-Strauss was CIA because he said religious symbols were nothing more than expressions of social arrangements and power relationships? Maybe Karl Marx was CIA (or would have been) because for him, religious symbols were codes of capitalist control and oppression? It' silly to even consider for a moment about people who make counter-cultural, reductionist claims about religious symbols, and I say this as a person who normally detests reductionism of religious symbols. Of course, it is not totally outside the realm of the possible that someone is using an academic or other socially respectable perch to facilitate subversive activities on behalf of the CIA. No doubt such has happened, as indicated by the book I cited (and much more has been documented to prove it), but you need to reveal real evidence to claim or imply this guy is CIA, and you have zero.

Yes, subversion is bad and and should be stopped. But it's just another form of war conducted between warring entities, however they are defined. At the end of the day, you are merely complaining that war is bad. Not an exactly brilliant insight, it's pedestrian and something everybody knows. But more importantly for this discussion, such an insight does not rationally prove somebody is with CIA.

jaa

He likes to tell stories at a fast pace and expects readers to make huge leaps of faith with him as the sprint to a precipice.

goodandevil

Is the whole SJW, neo feminism, safespace, gender whatever movement really such a big thing in American universities and mainstream media? I always thought it doesn't really exist outside of tumblr and reddit.
Somebody living outside of the USA who doesn't frequent English speaking social media wouldn't even know this is a thing. It just seems like some really retarded teenage rebellion, why are people even paying attention to it?
It's very well-funded. I thought the same as you until i went back to school this year. If you are not wise and strong, subscribing to theze views is essentially required for a degree. It's absurd when you dont understand the purpose: to create fascist right-wingers. That is the purpose of this social movement.

goodandevil

Do you actually know lots of good people that work for intelligence or are you just saying that?

I don't really understand how using those keywords alludes that he is a CIA agent. I mean maybe he is, I don't really know much about the CIA...Ray talks about LSD sometimes, does that qualify him?
No good people work in military intelligence.

xiaohua

It's very well-funded. I thought the same as you until i went back to school this year. If you are not wise and strong, subscribing to theze views is essentially required for a degree. It's absurd when you dont understand the purpose: to create fascist right-wingers. That is the purpose of this social movement.
I've come to the same conclusion. It's social engineering - but the end goal is not to turn everyone into unhinged SJW lefties, it's the opposite. You can't directly force right-wing fascism on the populace in this day and age, so you present people with a 'problem' - an extreme left-wing ideology ostensibly creeping into all our institutions - which people feel compelled to react against. Divide and rule in action folks.

Sucrates

I've said that a few times already, half joking, that Hitler is still alive in Argentina and, writing the SJW script. I can't see how people wouldn't be so repulsed by the cultural marxist cult that they wouldn't search out the opposite extreme.

On the other hand the history of cultural marxism does seem to be a genuine story. I've never really seen a viable debunking or alternate explanation for The Frankfurt School. I.E. a group of Marxists who hate "The West" but perceived that Marxism itself was insufficient, and so sought to destroy civilisation at a more fundamental level.

x-ray peat

I've said that a few times already, half joking, that Hitler is still alive in Argentina and, writing the SJW script. I can't see how people wouldn't be so repulsed by the cultural marxist cult that they wouldn't search out the opposite extreme.

On the other hand the history of cultural marxism does seem to be a genuine story. I've never really seen a viable debunking or alternate explanation for The Frankfurt School. I.E. a group of Marxists who hate "The West" but perceived that Marxism itself was insufficient, and so sought to destroy civilisation at a more fundamental level.
The Frankfurt school was just one of many many players in the dialectic. Both sides of every issue are funded and controlled. Its very likely that Peterson is also a controlled asset as well and we are just watching a puppet show of controlled oppositions. If you think about this logically, what could be more stupid than fighting about mandatory personal pronouns. I have a feeling that a lot of elites are having a good laugh at our expense over this one.