Jordan B Peterson; Anyone Else Following This?

x-ray peat

I am sure that this is the same response Ray gets when he tells people that PUFAs are bad for you or some other fact that challenges their preconceived notions of what is true.
https://waitingtorot.blogspot.dk/2007/11/12-masonic-signs-of-recognition_27.html
1597a53c022395a7d46cfeef2f4efe04.jpg

Waiting To Rot: The 12 masonic signs of recognition

Nice. He definitely lined that up on purpose. Also for someone who touts the Gulag Archipelago so often it's interesting that he has so many pictures of himself with Soviet symbols behind him.

I wonder why his focus on Marxism, soviet Russia, and Communism. I've only listened to a few of his talks but that seems to be the focus. And of course mentioning the 6 million. But this time it's 6 million Ukranians peasants that starved due to communism. And of course mentioning how anyone can be a Nazi. No they can't. Funny how both the holodomor and the holocaust have 6 million deaths.

Nazis and commies. It's like history never progressed passed the 20th century with these guys. I think communism was set up as a horror show that could be pointed at any time someone wanted to criticize capitalism. Communism had western financiers and both Marx and Lenin came from great wealth. Not only did communism cause many a nation to fall, it also gave capitalism the often used defense "It may not be a perfect system but it's the best one we've got". Talk about controlled opposition eh?

Some of Peterson's main points:
1)Strengthen the individual
2)Solve your personal problems
3)Do not lie
4)Speak the Truth as far as you can and see what happens
5)Don't raise children into incompetent baby-adults who can't do anything for themselves and need safe-spaces, or who feel the need to provide safe-spaces to other baby-adults
6)Free speech is how society is able to correct itself, without free speech it loses this ability
7)Don't waste time
8)There is such a thing as truth and it is important

Hold on just one gosh darn minute...

DO you really need a college professor to tell you there is such a thing as truth? Do you need a college professor to tell you that it's not such a good idea to raise spoiled broken children that can't handle dissenting opinions? This guy is popular because what he is saying is common sense. They've got the world so neuroticized and turned upside down that anyone with the least bit of common sense seems heaven sent. There is NOTHING special about Jordan Petersons repetoire. If there was he wouldn't have the fan base that he does.

Roll out another guru like the last dozen gurus cuz the guru worship party don't stop.

It's all bait anyways. It wouldn't be bait if you didn't like the way it tasted...

In all realness I think his popularity and power comes from what he's speaking out against--Post Modernism, Marxism, Solipsism--and the fact that he's been formulating and speaking and teaching these ideas for 25 years now. People are ready to hear this kind of message and we have the medium for it to spread (see below).

There's levels to this ***t.

Cultural popularity these days is not determined in as centralized a manner as it was a few years ago, not to mention a few decades ago when the only possible information sources were corporation-controlled. Social media, 4chan, youtube are not fully CIA or Corporation controlled like our major news sources of old (CNN, MSN, NBC, etc) are. This allows ideas and people to rise more organically in a way that harmonizes and builds off the actual desires, feelings, and ideals of a population, rather than simply what "cultural-engineers" want. Peterson's popularity grew on youtube and other social media sites, not on those mainstream news sources. To think that fame can only arise from a conspiracy is such a pessimistic and sad idea (not to mention incorrect) and is crippling because it turns off discernment in the mind as to whether someone's message is good or bad and simply makes the computation "popular=CIA conspiracy=stay away". Anyone who actually listens to Peterson's message will probably come to a pretty quick conclusion that it is a positive one, not just in ideals but also in execution (the important part where many supposed "good" philosophies fail utterly). I fail to see any difference in how Ray Peat became popular and how Peterson became popular.

The bolded is wrong. Social media originated in the intelligence agencies. It is controlled from the ground up.

Peterson is saying common sense things. But he's also constantly harking back to communism and nazism and keeps saying that gods and myths are constructs.

AJC

I wonder why his focus on Marxism, soviet Russia, and Communism. I've only listened to a few of his talks but that seems to be the focus. And of course mentioning the 6 million. But this time it's 6 million Ukranians peasants that starved due to communism. And of course mentioning how anyone can be a Nazi. No they can't. Funny how both the holodomor and the holocaust have 6 million deaths.

Nazis and commies. It's like history never progressed passed the 20th century with these guys. I think communism was set up as a horror show that could be pointed at any time someone wanted to criticize capitalism. Communism had western financiers and both Marx and Lenin came from great wealth. Not only did communism cause many a nation to fall, it also gave capitalism the often used defense "It may not be a perfect system but it's the best one we've got". Talk about controlled opposition eh?

Hold on just one gosh darn minute...

DO you really need a college professor to tell you there is such a thing as truth? Do you need a college professor to tell you that it's not such a good idea to raise spoiled broken children that can't handle dissenting opinions? This guy is popular because what he is saying is common sense. They've got the world so neuroticized and turned upside down that anyone with the least bit of common sense seems heaven sent. There is NOTHING special about Jordan Petersons repetoire. If there was he wouldn't have the fan base that he does.

Roll out another guru like the last dozen gurus cuz the guru worship party don't stop.

It's all bait anyways. It wouldn't be bait if you didn't like the way it tasted...

There's levels to this ***t.

The bolded is wrong. Social media originated in the intelligence agencies. It is controlled from the ground up.

Peterson is saying common sense things. But he's also constantly harking back to communism and nazism and keeps saying that gods and myths are constructs.

Conspiracies exist, I just don't think they're all-encompassing.

No I don't need a college professor to tell me that stuff. But just because we know it doesn't mean everyone else does. College campuses are full of the "there is no objective truth" crowd, and to act like what he is saying is "common-sense" and therefore irrelevant, especially on college campuses these days (where he teaches) is to overlook the mass indoctrination in the opposite of those ideas at those same campuses. This is what makes his message important and useful. If there wasn't a need to hear it, he wouldn't be popular right now. There's no need to take medicine if you're not sick. I don't care if there's nothing special about him but I like his words and what he's standing for.

If you don't like that Jungian Archetypes seem to contradict Veilokovsky's theories that's fine.

"Social media" may have originated in intelligence agencies, I haven't looked into the history so I won't really argue that point. I will propose that the rest of my paragraph on the subject is still valid, because I do believe that the flow of information is much less centralized these days than it was in the past (the internet exists, youtube channels exist, forums exist) and that the old litmus test of "famous=conspiracy" no longer holds.

Peterson's message is needed, especially on college campuses. He didn't get famous from appearing on NBC, he got famous (in Canada) for having SJW's show up at his speeches and protest and yell things at him. The internet has replaced television as the main way people get information, and it is nowhere near as controlled as television is.

Lastly, I think it is just a pessimistic world view to exclude the validity of anything positive that is also popular because "CIA". I'm not calling you a pessimist, I'm just critiquing the thought process.

Conspiracies exist, I just don't think they're all-encompassing.

No I don't need a college professor to tell me that stuff. But just because we know it doesn't mean everyone else does. College campuses are full of the "there is no objective truth" crowd, and to act like what he is saying is "common-sense" and therefore irrelevant, especially on college campuses these days (where he teaches) is to overlook the mass indoctrination in the opposite of those ideas at those same campuses. This is what makes his message important and useful. If there wasn't a need to hear it, he wouldn't be popular right now. There's no need to take medicine if you're not sick. I don't care if there's nothing special about him but I like his words and what he's standing for.

If you don't like that Jungian Archetypes seem to contradict Veilokovsky's theories that's fine.

"Social media" may have originated in intelligence agencies, I haven't looked into the history so I won't really argue that point. I will propose that the rest of my paragraph on the subject is still valid, because I do believe that the flow of information is much less centralized these days than it was in the past (the internet exists, youtube channels exist, forums exist) and that the old litmus test of "famous=conspiracy" no longer holds.

Peterson's message is needed, especially on college campuses. He didn't get famous from appearing on NBC, he got famous (in Canada) for having SJW's show up at his speeches and protest and yell things at him. The internet has replaced television as the main way people get information, and it is nowhere near as controlled as television is.

Lastly, I think it is just a pessimistic world view to exclude the validity of anything positive that is also popular because "CIA". I'm not calling you a pessimist, I'm just critiquing the thought process.

Except Jungian Archetypes don't contradict Veilokovsky. They're made up post hoc explainations. They're idiotic. Something wrong with germans I swear. It's like a nationwide autism.

As for the rest of what you have said, a lot of famous people online are intelligence agents. It's not the wild west people have been led to believe. Agents target forums. Agents make youtube channels. Agents argue with agents online for hours and you listen to the podcast and pick a side.

AJC

Except Jungian Archetypes don't contradict Veilokovsky. They're made up post hoc explainations. They're idiotic. Something wrong with germans I swear. It's like a nationwide autism.

As for the rest of what you have said, a lot of famous people online are intelligence agents. It's not the wild west people have been led to believe. Agents target forums. Agents make youtube channels. Agents argue with agents online for hours and you listen to the podcast and pick a side.

Ok peace out Agent :blackalien:

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Your unbelievable arrogance automatically disqualifies your argument as far as I'm concerned. Somehow you've managed to have completely figured everything out about everything while simultaneously pointing out that the wool has been pulled over everyone else's eyes. Makes you into a sort of quasi internet-forum deity. King of the Lost Boys as Jordan might say.
If anyone wants to actually have a real discussion about JP's work, especially how it may overlap or contradict Ray's writings, perhaps it's best to ignore @pimpnamedraypeat 's posts? Not sure, open to suggestions. Wait! does all of this also make me into a CIA agent by proxy, considering I am one of Dr. Peterson's clients? hm...uhh.... #pizzagate!

Last edited:
Your unbelievable arrogance automatically disqualifies your argument as far as I'm concerned. Somehow you've managed to have completely figured everything out about everything while simultaneously pointing out that the wool has been pulled over everyone else's eyes. Makes you into a sort of quasi internet-forum deity. King of the Lost Boys as Jordan might say.
If anyone wants to actually have a real discussion about JP's work, especially how it may overlap or contradict Ray's writings, perhaps it's best to ignore @pimpnamedraypeat 's posts? Not sure, open to suggestions. Wait! does all of this also make me into a CIA agent by proxy, considering I am one of Dr. Peterson's clients? hm...uhh.... #pizzagate!

If you're offended by my 'arrogance' try having some self confidence of your own. It's not a zero sum game you know.

The rest of what you said is slander and ad hominim.

My opinion is unique and interesting.

If you wanted to circle jerk over having a famous psychiatrist you should have just said so.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Of course you would consider self confidence and arrogance to be the same thing...of course you would...

And the word you want is libel, slander involves the spoken word, but I suppose mistakes like that can occur when you replace Netflix conspiracy theory documentaries with a real education.

So let me understand - calling an anonymous internet forum member arrogant is slander (libel :p), and accusing a public figure of being a nefarious CIA agent is just a unique and interesting opinion?

Since you interjected with your uniquely interesting paranoid delusions, people have been dropping out of this thread. Thx.

Obviously having a minimally famous CIA agent for a psychologist is not something someone should really be proud of.

As for the circle jerk (for all you hard-core JP fans) it wouldn't be a Piagetian "equilibrated state" with you participating in it, sorry.

Last edited:

Badger

There are indeed very good people - who are indeed on the side of the angels - in CIA and other IC agencies, and I have personally known some. (The bad ones out there, who are often very bad, comprise a very small number). But I could not expect anyone to believe me on my say-so, so here's a a few examples, and one of which below I know well:

Former CIA agent interviewed here (and a very interesting interview):
Progressive Commentary Hour – 03.14.17
Progressive Commentary Hour - 03.14.17 - Progressive Radio Network

This blog updates with 3-5 articles everyday, put out by a former clandestine CIA officer, Marine major and author/authority on open source intel, Robert Steele. Check out interviews he's done (posted at this site) to get a flavor for what's he about:
Public Intelligence Blog
Public Intelligence Blog

I doubt Peterson is with CIA, he's just...a little too direct and abrasive to be an intel guy. Every intel person I have known invariably is EXTREMELY charming, pleasant, intelligent, inoffensive to a high degree, enjoyable to be with, "diplomatic," and funny. So much so that you feel relaxed and feel good to talk with them, tell them things normally said only to intimate friends, open up about yourself. You think the charm and fun-to-be-with-ness of intel people is just a coincidence? Here's a clue to answer the question: it's their job to get information from people without the latter knowing they are sharing sometimes valuable information. Intel people have a talent in this, and also get lots of training in how to charm people to talk to them. (I have known such people from working in federal contract firms such as say, Lockheed-Martin or Raytheon, that routinely hire former intel people, and it's usually no secret who are the former intel people at such places. It's easy to see how they operate from constantly interacting with them, as I have, in such settings. This is nothing especially revelatory, you can see this documented in many books and articles.)

But even if Peterson has some CIA connection, which, again, I doubt, so what? He seems to be a good guy, like the examples I mention above. What's his nefarious plan, and the proof he has one?

I know, as I said, there are bad ones. And I think that many such people do work that comprises a variety of what may be termed levels of corruption, ranging from only a little to a lot, just like in every other profession. This 2016 book shows something of this, though it seems to assume everything intel agencies do is bad. But in fact some of what intel people do is indeed good for the country (a whole other story too):
‘Finks’ Explores the Blurred Line Between Propaganda and Literature

So let me understand - calling an anonymous internet forum member arrogant is slander (libel :p), and accusing a public figure of being a nefarious CIA agent is just a unique and interesting opinion?

Since you interjected with your uniquely interesting paranoid delusions, people have been dropping out of this thread. Thx.

Obviously having a minimally famous CIA agent for a psychologist is not something someone should really be proud of.

As for the circle jerk (for all you hard-core JP fans) it wouldn't be a Piagetian "equilibrated state" with you participating in it, sorry.

Good point, I meant to say libel. I don't understand what you meant with that last statement.

Doesn't matter I'll bow out.

This blog updates with 3-5 articles everyday, put out by a former clandestine CIA officer, Marine major and author/authority on open source intel, Robert Steele. Check out interviews he's done (posted at this site) to get a flavor for what's he about:
Public Intelligence Blog
Public Intelligence Blog

Supposedly there's no such thing as a former CIA agent.

I doubt Peterson is with CIA, he's just...a little too direct and abrasive to be an intel guy.

Intel guys have different personalities and different roles.

But even if Peterson has some CIA connection, which, again, I doubt, so what? He seems to be a good guy, like the examples I mention above. What's his nefarious plan, and the proof he has one?

I already posted above about his book using jungian archetypes and psychological mumbo jumbo to explain away gods and myths.

But he also seems to love to push communism and nazism which were themselves earlier examples of intel work. Their best work.

I know, as I said, there are bad ones. And I think that many such people do work that comprises a variety of what may be termed levels of corruption, ranging from only a little to a lot, just like in every other profession. This 2016 book shows something of this, though it seems to assume everything intel agencies do is bad. But in fact some of what intel people do is indeed good for the country (a whole other story too):
‘Finks’ Explores the Blurred Line Between Propaganda and Literature

That link is very interesting. Intelligence is in hollywood, the music industry, literature(as the link shows), art, and they infiltrated upper education a while ago.

A lot of famous people are either agents or have handlers that work for intelligence. That is why famous people all have the same agenda and the same speaking points

Subversion isn't a good thing.

Tenacity

The CIA stuff needs to be a separate thread IMO.
+1, whether Peterson is a CIA agent or not has little to do with discussing his ideas.

To be honest I find his psychology more fascinating than his stance on free speech.

I just caught myself pointing at stuff and holding my glasses. I'm a mason? WTF

zztr

The fascinating thing about the gender pronoun kerfuffle and all the media noise about trannies is what a tiny number of people are driving it. What, 1% of people think this stuff isn't weird and pointless? I'd say probably even less than that. It's a little scary to realize the power they apparently wield through the media. And also how most people are so cowardly. The nutters should be shouted down with ease, or at least ignored, but it doesn't happen and you get the weird phenomenon of a guy like Peterson having to take a lonesome stand.