Interesting Ideas On Hair Loss; Similar To Danny Roddy

Dante

I adhered to this regimen last year, and it's very hard. It is very tough I may say to stick to this 100%. I did pretty good, but not stopped early, maybe about 8 months or so? There were days where I lagged, some days I forgot, but for the most part I stuck with it until I eventually stopped. I noticed regrowth on my temples but they didn't come in full because I didn't finish. Great method but so hard. I feel like this and red light and maybe even minoxidil and caffeine might be great things to do altogether. Also,anyone know anything about topical taurine and what ratios for a solution?
did you notice dandruff, dry skin , sebum etc coming out in your massages ?

OP
m_arch

m_arch

I don't believe the DHT theory, otherwise all 18 year olds would have prostate cancer.

Even the prolactin theory is questionable, since bald eunuchs also exist.
The author of this book is saying he thinks its the inflammation, causing calcification (which builds up over time - hence why 18 year olds don't have it), then traps the DHT and stops bloodflow to the hair follicles. He's not really blaming DHT itself.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

from what anecdotal evidences and rob says it takes around 10 months of massage to get full effect and a lot of people report expelling dandruff, dead skin , sebum after 2-3 months. He says you have initially do it diligently and after that it's just damage control and you can taper down on the time
He is right about one thing, the area affected by MPB has very thick and non pinchable skin while the non-MPB affected areas are thin and pinchable . A lot of people have reported making the crown pinchable again after 3-4 weeks of massage.
@redlight , i have the old book plus the massage demonstration video but apparently i get problem uploading book in this thread(server probs i guess)
Yeah I noticed this too - the male pattern baldness areas of my scalp where all crazy stiff compared to the back and sides (which were very thin and elastic). I've been going for about a month, and they are starting to become more pliable.

I've noticed the best way to massage the scalp is to use both hands and kind of "pinch" the skin together for maybe 5 seconds, then let go and press down on the area I've pinched for another 5 seconds, then move on to other areas. I'm focusing on the top front part of my head (where I've noticed the most thinning) - I don't bother with the back and sides (don't need to!) and the crown area is much more elastic than the front.

Dante

Yeah I noticed this too - the male pattern baldness areas of my scalp where all crazy stiff compared to the back and sides (which were very thin and elastic). I've been going for about a month, and they are starting to become more pliable.

I've noticed the best way to massage the scalp is to use both hands and kind of "pinch" the skin together for maybe 5 seconds, then let go and press down on the area I've pinched for another 5 seconds, then move on to other areas. I'm focusing on the top front part of my head (where I've noticed the most thinning) - I don't bother with the back and sides (don't need to!) and the crown area is much more elastic than the front.
I have recession around temples so will try to fix that. My crown area is also a bit stiff though no hair loss yet. I am guessing that would be next to have hair loss .

redlight

I never would of thought massages would help prevent MPB.. its free and anyone can do it.

Evan

@Dante A lot of dandruff haha, I've never had it before I started messages, and yeah your fingers will get a bit greasy in the beginning. I also noticed my hair loss just about completely stop for the time I was doing it also. Awesome method but so hard to keep with it 100%. I might try it again but it's such a hassle.
Has anyone tried overmatchogrande's redlight helmet?

Dante

@Dante A lot of dandruff haha, I've never had it before I started messages, and yeah your fingers will get a bit greasy in the beginning. I also noticed my hair loss just about completely stop for the time I was doing it also. Awesome method but so hard to keep with it 100%. I might try it again but it's such a hassle.
Has anyone tried overmatchogrande's redlight helmet?
When did you start noticing dandruff after starting ? I think danny should look into this trapped ***t theory because in my guess that's what making the scalp unpinchable and gradually we are expelling out all the stuff

johnwester130

What helped me most was LLLT, obviously a person should give up canola oil and soybean oil but it took me about a year to understand peat/ roddy's work and mindset.

And that's the problem - it's a philosophy, and a science. Which is why many people won't use Danny Roddy's advice.

Peater Piper

So I've just finished reading the old book. Here's a summary for everyone:

- Current hair loss drugs are unhealthy.

- His theory is that we build up sebum and calcification as males in pattern baldness areas. women usually get more even distribution and thinning all over. This is mainly due to systemic inflammation.

-Poor diet --> Inflammation--> Calcification --> Less bloodflow --> Trapped DHT / Excess sebum --> follicle miniaturization --> hairloss

-Hairloss is usually a symptom of deeper problems inside your body

- Elevated DHT is a sign of hormonal imbalance. Hairloss means your testosterone: estrogen level is imbalanced (he thinks higher estrogen for men is bad if testosterone stays constant, but for women he thinks higher testosterone for women is bad if estrogen stays constant). He's specifically refering to the balance between these two hormones. All of this is due to your thyroid health.

- Poor diet --> Suppressed thyroid --> Imbalanced T:E levels -->elevated DHT -->hairloss

- Decalcify your scalp by using detumescence therapy (kneading / pinching the scalp hard for 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes at night. expect to see regrowth after 5 months of this)

- For thyroid and inflammation health he says: 1. remove grains, especially gluten. 2. minimise PUFA 3. minimize gitrogens 4. stop eating muscle meats and eat nose to tail (or supplement gelatin / collagen).

- Lifestyle suggestions: stop using shampoo, take cold showers, get more sun exposure, start donating blood.

-Helminths (hookworms) are basically absent in 1st world countries, apparently they cool the immune response and can lower inflammation (possibly responsible for less baldness in 3rd world countries)

-----------------
So it seems he thinks excess DHT is a problem, and that women generally need a higher estrogen to testosterone ratio. Aside from this, everything else looks very peaty.
Thank you for the excellent summary!

Dante

What helped me most was LLLT, obviously a person should give up canola oil and soybean oil but it took me about a year to understand peat/ roddy's work and mindset.

And that's the problem - it's a philosophy, and a science. Which is why many people won't use Danny Roddy's advice.
@johnwester130 , which LLLT device are you using ? (buying link )

CoolTweetPete

Yes I've had an OMG helmet for a while now. Combined with topicals and massage I have gotten Re growth at the crown of my head where I started losing it most recently.

Evan

Yeah i saw that! pretty cool, I think its the best method out here. I'm thinking about updating my old purchase. New video, new content, before and after pics, seems awesome.
@CoolTweetPete Do you think it's sufficient enough to stop hair loss completely and regrow thinning areas?

CoolTweetPete

@Evan I have managed to stop shedding and regrow on the crown of my head. I used to see clumps of hair in my hand when I would wash my scalp, but no longer. Regrowth seems a bit more tricky than stopping shedding. I think it can require things like topicals and scalp massage, which could work synergistically with red light.

LukeL

@CoolTweetPete any 'aha' moments that lead to you halting hair loss? I feel like I've tried everything and I am still shedding almost a year later...

BrianF

I recall from a podcast with DR and Haidut that taurine prevented calcification of the scalp. In fact there is mention of reported successes in hair growth in other threads on here. I presume taurine consumption combined with the scalp massage could accelerate the process. I will certainly try it out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals