High Dose Iodine, Are We Right

GorillaHead

I think many of us tried going down that route before.

Danny Roddy certainly did the high-dose iodine and he said it’s the one thing that made him feel the most hypothyroid ever. I never tried more than 3mg. But at any dose, it always felt like it hurt my thyroid function overall. It also reliably gave me a burning sensation around my thyroid and I got close to hypothermia on it. I know one person that took not a too crazy dose of iodine and afterwards had a TSH of 150 and hashimoto hypothyroidism. I think I remember a post where you stated that your thyroid problems started after taking iodine, didn’t it?

I am in some facebook groups, where people have been ingesting multiple hundred milligrams of iodine per day and they still have mediocre thyroid panels…

Iodine restriction studies have been done and shown to normalize subclinical hypothyroidism in humans. There are a lot studies that shine a light on the negative side of iodine..

Iodine intake has never been higher in human history and hypothyroidism has been rising alongside the iodine intake in the west.
I think this negative experience only happens if you don’t supplement selenium.

DonLore

I started years ago with Hulda Clark. And later purchased Dr. Brownstein's and Dr Sircus's iodine books. Then I read how people used iodine (historically) and decided to give higher doses a go. My infection has been preventing sleep for months, even rotating Ivermectin, Praziquantel and Fenbendazole didn't help, and I had tried everything else, so figured I had nothing to lose.

I've been using iodine on and off for years in lower doses. I make my own Lugols and hope I can still buy the chemicals from my compounding pharmacist!

I'm not too far from 1 gram a day (divided) so will keep gradually increasing until long covid symptoms are gone.
I promise you will kill the infection with iodine + black cumin seeds, andrographis, cats claw, japanese knotweed, chinese skullcap root, licorice root (10 day cycles, no longer), cryptolepis, japanese knotweed, raw ginger and essential oils of peppermint and oregano. And spices of clove, cinnamon and cardamom.

These all kill viruses and bacteria and biofilm, and or increase immune function.
Eleuthero is a good adaptogen

TheSir

I got the negative effects despite supplementation of selenium.
In some cases a few weeks of preparatory high dose selenium supplementation is required before iodine is tolerated. It is also worth noting that your reaction is not guaranteed to have been a negative reaction at all, even if it did feel unpleasant. In fact, beginning iodine therapy often is various kinds of unpleasant. You could, for example, have a reservoir of EBV inside your thyroid, which then turns into an acute infection as the iodine begins to get rid of it. This could easily produce sensations in your thyroid.

OP
M

mgrabs

In some cases a few weeks of preparatory high dose selenium supplementation is required before iodine is tolerated. It is also worth noting that your reaction is not guaranteed to have been a negative reaction at all, even if it did feel unpleasant. In fact, beginning iodine therapy often is various kinds of unpleasant. You could, for example, have a reservoir of EBV inside your thyroid, which then turns into an acute infection as the iodine begins to get rid of it. This could easily produce sensations in your thyroid.
Wow! Crazy you say this. I did a bacterial infection blood panel. Bacteria, viruses, & parasites. EBV was a very high reading. Which made sense why i could never handle stimulation. My doc mentioned my body has been exhausted trying to fight it. So throwing thyroid,a caffeine made things way worse. Im 3 weeks into treatment with high dise lauricudin (monolaurin) & its night & day how much improvement I’ve been having.

Deeper sleep being one of them. But waking up soooo tired. I think fixing EBV will allow for my thyroid to finally take in thyroid hormone properly. (Which ive been on) but since starting the protocol I noticed i can totally go higher on my NDT. When before this I literally couldnt handle a single stimulant without crazy anxiety or sweating/adrenaline.

So back to iodine & Ebv. Maybe try again since im handling EBV through treatment. Also on NDT.

Plus, not sure if its enough or not. But I’ve been getting 200mcg of selenium daily through a multi mineral supplement.

S.Holmes

I promise you will kill the infection with iodine + black cumin seeds, andrographis, cats claw, japanese knotweed, chinese skullcap root, licorice root (10 day cycles, no longer), cryptolepis, japanese knotweed, raw ginger and essential oils of peppermint and oregano. And spices of clove, cinnamon and cardamom.

These all kill viruses and bacteria and biofilm, and or increase immune function.
Eleuthero is a good adaptogen
Some of the herbs, if not most, are estrogenic. I'm fairly certain I don't need MORE estrogen. I am however taking milk thistle to help protect my liver.

I made it up to 882 mg of Lugols yesterday. I'm definitely "retracing." Today I'm going to go for 1 gram.

S.Holmes

Any of you big dosers have stinky armpits (supposed to be bromide coming out in sweat) and found a way to destink?
Thanks, George
No smelly armpits here, probably because we use liquid magnesium hydroxide (milk of magnesia). You can often just apply it weekly. It works way better than anything else we've ever tried.

S.Holmes

I think this negative experience only happens if you don’t supplement selenium.
I'm up to nearly 1 gram of Lugols daily. And I've been taking selenium for several years. My temperature has been reading normal (finally) taking the iodine. I haven't gone below 98 yet, after years of trying every thyroid treatment out there. The experiment continues.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Wow! Crazy you say this. I did a bacterial infection blood panel. Bacteria, viruses, & parasites. EBV was a very high reading. Which made sense why i could never handle stimulation. My doc mentioned my body has been exhausted trying to fight it. So throwing thyroid,a caffeine made things way worse. Im 3 weeks into treatment with high dise lauricudin (monolaurin) & its night & day how much improvement I’ve been having.

Deeper sleep being one of them. But waking up soooo tired. I think fixing EBV will allow for my thyroid to finally take in thyroid hormone properly. (Which ive been on) but since starting the protocol I noticed i can totally go higher on my NDT. When before this I literally couldnt handle a single stimulant without crazy anxiety or sweating/adrenaline.

So back to iodine & Ebv. Maybe try again since im handling EBV through treatment. Also on NDT.

Plus, not sure if its enough or not. But I’ve been getting 200mcg of selenium daily through a multi mineral supplement.
Lauricidin/Monolaurin seems like a very good idea. Amazon reviews claim that Monolaurin is very effective against viruses and especially against EBV. I reintroduced Lauricidin as well today, as I still struggle with lowish/mediocre temps.
Please keep us updated!

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
I'm up to nearly 1 gram of Lugols daily. And I've been taking selenium for several years. My temperature has been reading normal (finally) taking the iodine. I haven't gone below 98 yet, after years of trying every thyroid treatment out there. The experiment continues.
Sounds awesome! Glad for you! :)
So you restored good temperatures/thyroid with mega doses of Lugols iodine? Do you take Lugols together with NDT/synthetic Thyroid Hormones or "just" 1 gram of Lugols daily?

Do you feel completely Well now?
Thank you so much!

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Some of the herbs, if not most, are estrogenic. I'm fairly certain I don't need MORE estrogen. I am however taking milk thistle to help protect my liver.

I made it up to 882 mg of Lugols yesterday. I'm definitely "retracing." Today I'm going to go for 1 gram.
How many mgs of milk thistle do you take?

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Nice. How much C do you take?
Great iodine article btw.
Sorry, I lost this question.
I take approximately 21 grams of vitamin c daily when somewhat healthy.
When sick or I feel that "something wicked comes" (sore throat etc), I sometimes use up to 100 grams of vitamin c or several tablespoons of liposomal vit c (pufa, I know, that's why I take liposomal only for emergencies).

See this fascinating article:
Vitamin C Dosage in Disease

S.Holmes

Sounds awesome! Glad for you! :)
So you restored good temperatures/thyroid with mega doses of Lugols iodine? Do you take Lugols together with NDT/synthetic Thyroid Hormones or "just" 1 gram of Lugols daily?

Do you feel completely Well now?
Thank you so much!
I took thyroid for years but don't anymore.

My post covid sinus infection is improving. But retracing isn't fun. I had migraines in my teens, then many years when the pathology went deeper, the headaches lessened and I developed Epstein Barr. They're creeping back and I'll probably have them for a few days to weeks. My old back pain, from my 20's, came back yesterday with a vengeance but much better today.

I just added sea salt to help detox the bromide. I'll report back (if I survive Lol).

S.Holmes

Sorry, I lost this question.
I take approximately 21 grams of vitamin c daily when somewhat healthy.
When sick or I feel that "something wicked comes" (sore throat etc), I sometimes use up to 100 grams of vitamin c or several tablespoons of liposomal vit c (pufa, I know, that's why I take liposomal only for emergencies).

See this fascinating article:
Vitamin C Dosage in Disease
Wow! That's a boatload of C! What brand?

Ben.

How much do you take?

I used to take 5-10 drops of a 5% solution when i trialed prolonged high dosages, preceeding it with 2 weeks preloading selenium. After that experiment i finally gained weight after years of struggling with it and my temps went up and my cold hand/feet are only happening rarely now.

Lately i only take 1-2 drops once or twice a week. I notice the manhood benefits starting to wear off if i ddn't take some iodine for a while... i guess my chronic infection is hard to kill.

geusterman

No smelly armpits here, probably because we use liquid magnesium hydroxide (milk of magnesia). You can often just apply it weekly. It works way better than anything else we've ever tried.
Thank you for the tips. Sodium bicarb to protect from irritation and milk of magnesia as a deodorant. If the smell is truly created by bromine detox there may be a from a neutralizer that wouldn’t be harmful that could be used.

OP
M

mgrabs

Took 12.5 mgs today. Standby everyone lol. Im a live lab rat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals