A Cancer Therapy By Max Gerson - Selected Parts

burtlancast

Hi burtlan! WickedLeaks.
The vitamin A topic must be perplexing you given the position of Koch, Gerson and Virginia Livingston on it..

So, you have no original source ? (link)

burtlancast

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Dr. Max Yerson: Healing the Hopeless (1-55082-290-X) - Howard Straus (Charlotte's Sohn) with intro by Abram Hoffer

upload_2018-12-10_14-7-35.png

upload_2018-12-10_14-7-43.png

upload_2018-12-10_14-7-51.png

upload_2018-12-10_14-8-4.png

upload_2018-12-10_14-8-15.png

upload_2018-12-10_14-8-31.png

upload_2018-12-10_14-8-45.png

upload_2018-12-10_14-8-52.png

WickedLeaks or rather "Amazoniac's licentia poetarum" ?

And for what goal ?
burtlan, I didn't miss the message when you posted, I had nothing to add. I was just doing a fun there.

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

It's a biography with interesting details on the how things unrolled, it's definitely worth reading. I'm not sure if I'll be adding more quotes because it's going to take too much time, here are a few:

"The first [discovery that Max made in his self-experimentation] was that when he used salt in his food, the migraine attacks seemed worse. It became obvious that the first food element he must avoid was salt. Taking weekly blood and urine samples, he found that just before an attack his urine became quite clear and was noticeable lacking in waste products. After one or two days of a migraine, however, the urine became cloudy, thick and dark, and would have a very high sodium content, as if some of his tissue cells had been retaining an abnormal and detrimental amount of this mineral. Oddly, too, when the attack had passed, Max felt reborn, with his physical energy and mental faculties at peak condition indicating that his body had just flushed out some harmful, even poisonous substance. Was there something in sodium chloride (NaCL), or table salt--the sodium or the chlorine, or both of them together--that his body could not tlerate in an excessive quantity?"

"One day, while taking one of his vigorous, therapeutic walks in the moist and fragrant woods around Breslau, Gerson noticed a tiny movement near the base of a tree. On closer inspection, he found it was a baby squirrel with a broken leg. Evidently it had fallen out of its high nest, or failed to complete a trial leap from high branch to high branch. Max took the young animal home and nursed it back to health. The squirrel, having been raised by the gentle doctor, became quite tame. It would happily travel everywhere with Max, surprising his colleagues by peeping out of the pocket of his overcoat at odd times, begging for a peanut."

"Dr. Gerson was naturally aware that many medical experts in wartime Germany feared that the health of the general population would suffer because of most people's inability to get the quantities of animal protein and fat that seemed essential to their well-being. It was simply assumed that the habit of eating a high-fat diet originated from necessity. To everyone's surprise--and certainly Max would take great note of this later--the population's overall health actually improved."

"Experiments have demonstrated that severe calorie restriction may actually tripe immune-system function, and the elimination or extreme reduction of animal protein has a similar effect."​

Last edited:

InChristAlone

It's a biography with interesting details on the how things unrolled, it's definitely worth reading. I'm not sure if I'll be adding more quotes because it's going to take too much time, here are a few:

"The first [discovery that Max made in his self-experimentation] was that when he used salt in his food, the migraine attacks seemed worse. It became obvious that the first food element he must avoid was salt. Taking weekly blood and urine samples, he found that just before an attack his urine became quite clear and was noticeable lacking in waste products. After one or two days of a migraine, however, the urine became cloudy, thick and dark, and would have a very high sodium content, as if some of his tissue cells had been retaining an abnormal and detrimental amount of this mineral. Oddly, too, when the attack had passed, Max felt reborn, with his physical energy and mental faculties at peak condition indicating that his body had just flushed out some harmful, even poisonous substance. Was there something in sodium chloride (NaCL), or table salt--the sodium or the chlorine, or both of them together--that his body could not tlerate in an excessive quantity?"

"One day, while taking one of his vigorous, therapeutic walks in the moist and fragrant woods around Breslau, Gerson noticed a tiny movement near the base of a tree. On closer inspection, he found it was a baby squirrel with a broken leg. Evidently it had fallen out of its high nest, or failed to complete a trial leap from high branch to high branch. Max took the young animal home and nursed it back to health. The squirrel, having been raised by the gentle doctor, became quite tame. It would happily travel everywhere with Max, surprising his colleagues by peeping out of the pocket of his overcoat at odd times, begging for a peanut."

"Dr. Gerson was naturally aware that many medical experts in wartime Germany feared that the health of the general population would suffer because of most people's inability to get the quantities of animal protein and fat that seemed essential to their well-being. It was simply assumed that the habit of eating a high-fat diet originated from necessity. To everyone's surprise--and certainly Max would take great note of this later--the population's overall health actually improved."

"Experiments have demonstrated that severe calorie restriction may actually tripe immune-system function, and the elimination or extreme reduction of animal protein has a similar effect."​
I disagree with almost all of his findings. I am not one to overeat protein it is in fact the hardest macro for me to get a lot of, but promoting severe calorie restriction is one of the most dangerous things about alternative health. All you would have to look at is anorexia. It has one of the highest mortality rates of any mental health disorder. My friend just lost their daughter to anorexia. She just would not eat. Her heart failed. For cancer I would never turn anorexic either.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

I disagree with almost all of his findings. I am not one to overeat protein it is in fact the hardest macro for me to get a lot of, but promoting severe calorie restriction is one of the most dangerous things about alternative health. All you would have to look at is anorexia. It has one of the highest mortality rates of any mental health disorder. My friend just lost their daughter to anorexia. She just would not eat. Her heart failed. For cancer I would never turn anorexic either.
Janelle, here we have another contradiction. On the other thread you've suggested that I chase your posts for mysterious greater motivations trying to provide counter data to everything you say. Do you realize how this is not the case again?

That's not his protocol (it doesn't involve severe deprivation of calories), those are mere observations in a book that was not even written by him.
Someone on the lines made an estimation of the average nutrition that it provides but I couldn't find it. If I come across it, I'll share with you.

In cancer, if I had to choose between higher or lower caloric intake, I would definitely go with lower. You can't stuff the person because there's already a tendency towards disorder and one of the goals is to increase the ratio of nutrition/calories to correct this. Read the last quoted paragraph here, less food can be quite protective depending on the situation.

Gerson and Koch not only agree on this, but also on meats. In Gerson's approach sometimes the animal protein avoidance lasts as little as 4 weeks, but often 6-8, introducing dairy after that.

LucH

Someone on the lines made an estimation of the average nutrition that it provides but I couldn't find it. If I come across it, I'll share with you.

Gerson Diet (from Dr. Kathryn Alexandr - Thérapie Gerson)

Many nutritionists often say that patients on Gerson therapy, whether they are cancerous or have a chronic degenerative disease, do not ingest enough protein, because the diet consists only of vegetables! However, not only do our patients heal, but their bodies are regenerated and restored to full functioning.

It is time to take out the calculator. How much protein does a patient on Gerson Complete Therapy actually consume? Let's start with the 13 daily juices. Twelve are vegetable juices, 4 green and apple juices, 3 carrots only, and 5 carrots and apples. The amount of vegetables for these juices is 3.6 kg per day. Isolated juices provide about 57.6 g of protein per day (assuming a conservative estimate of 1.6% protein in vegetables). Potatoes are also on the menu (6 g of protein), oat flakes (7g) and additional quantities of raw and cooked vegetables. I would say that a patient, at the beginning of Gerson therapy, consumes between 75g and 80g of quality protein per day. When 200 grams of non-fat yoghurt is added to the diet, we add 7 grams of extra protein per day.

From Gerson Therapy – Dr. Kathryn Alexander. Protéines et Guérison – Partie II.

How is the Gerson therapy administered?
The Gerson therapy requires that the many details of its treatment plan be followed exactly. Some key parts of the regimen include the following:
  • Drinking 13 glasses of juice a day. The juice must be freshly made from organic fruits and vegetables and be taken once every hour.
  • Eating vegetarian meals of organically grown fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
  • Taking a number of supplements (…)
Proteins: How much?
=> 1 gr/ body weight
The average requirement is 1 g protein / kg body weight, which means, for an average of 50 to 70 kg, the equivalent of 200 g of meat or fish and 4 slices of bread per day - 64 g. The body does not use protein in excess. If you eat more protein than necessary, the excess is converted into carbohydrates or fat by the liver, and the amine part (the nitrogenous part that makes it a protein) is converted into urea and eliminated by the kidneys. Excess protein creates acidity and puts pressure on the kidneys, which will later affect the heart.

Info:
Gerson Therapy
http://mirzoune-ciboulette.forumactif.org/t1443-therapie-gerson#16816 (in French)

InChristAlone

I think the Gerson therapy is heavily flawed. I would never do that much green juice. The carotene content of this diet is insane. Carrot juice?? Peat says to rinse our carrots before eating them! But I guess people will do whatever crazy cancer protocol out there as long as it's really hyped up. Too bad for the lady in this article and her Mother who tried it for breast cancer:
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-gerson-protocol-and-the-death-of-jess-ainscough/

How many Gerson patients are still alive after 5 years?

burtlancast

For cancer I would never turn anorexic either.

The Gerson therapy doesn't ask anyone to turn anorexic.

It is actually a hyper-caloric nutrition program, except the calories come from plant material mainly.

And the observation of caloric restriction during War times mainly concerns animal products, and documents the fact in rich societies, over-eating these products can be very nefarious for one's health.

Moderation is the key to good health.

On the same subject, Andre Gernez, a french Dr, proved periodic fasting repeated each year as advised in many religions has a cancer preventing effect by placing the body into prolonged, chronic acidosis which is able to kill newly formed cancer cells when they are very few in numbers, as they cannot defend themselves efficiently at that stage against the normal metabolism.

If the cells are allowed to survive for a few more years, their numbers increase and they get harder to kill by the body.

Peat himself ( in an email exchange with member Rah) confirms this fact:

Internal acidification of cells is necessary for apoptosis, and tumors grow because their apoptosis is prevented by the internal alkalinity caused by glycolysis. Baking soda, some antihistamines, and acetazolamide (Diamox) can restore normal intracellular acidity.

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Gerson Diet (from Dr. Kathryn Alexandr - Thérapie Gerson)

Many nutritionists often say that patients on Gerson therapy, whether they are cancerous or have a chronic degenerative disease, do not ingest enough protein, because the diet consists only of vegetables! However, not only do our patients heal, but their bodies are regenerated and restored to full functioning.

It is time to take out the calculator. How much protein does a patient on Gerson Complete Therapy actually consume? Let's start with the 13 daily juices. Twelve are vegetable juices, 4 green and apple juices, 3 carrots only, and 5 carrots and apples. The amount of vegetables for these juices is 3.6 kg per day. Isolated juices provide about 57.6 g of protein per day (assuming a conservative estimate of 1.6% protein in vegetables). Potatoes are also on the menu (6 g of protein), oat flakes (7g) and additional quantities of raw and cooked vegetables. I would say that a patient, at the beginning of Gerson therapy, consumes between 75g and 80g of quality protein per day. When 200 grams of non-fat yoghurt is added to the diet, we add 7 grams of extra protein per day.

From Gerson Therapy – Dr. Kathryn Alexander. Protéines et Guérison – Partie II.

How is the Gerson therapy administered?
The Gerson therapy requires that the many details of its treatment plan be followed exactly. Some key parts of the regimen include the following:
  • Drinking 13 glasses of juice a day. The juice must be freshly made from organic fruits and vegetables and be taken once every hour.
  • Eating vegetarian meals of organically grown fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
  • Taking a number of supplements (…)
Proteins: How much?
=> 1 gr/ body weight
The average requirement is 1 g protein / kg body weight, which means, for an average of 50 to 70 kg, the equivalent of 200 g of meat or fish and 4 slices of bread per day - 64 g. The body does not use protein in excess. If you eat more protein than necessary, the excess is converted into carbohydrates or fat by the liver, and the amine part (the nitrogenous part that makes it a protein) is converted into urea and eliminated by the kidneys. Excess protein creates acidity and puts pressure on the kidneys, which will later affect the heart.

Info:
Gerson Therapy
http://mirzoune-ciboulette.forumactif.org/t1443-therapie-gerson#16816 (in French)
Thanks to you. That's interesting, but I had in mind a more in the depth analysis. However you makes me suspect that France has all answers.
I think the Gerson therapy is heavily flawed. I would never do that much green juice. The carotene content of this diet is insane. Carrot juice?? Peat says to rinse our carrots before eating them! But I guess people will do whatever crazy cancer protocol out there as long as it's really hyped up. Too bad for the lady in this article and her Mother who tried it for breast cancer:
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-gerson-protocol-and-the-death-of-jess-ainscough/

How many Gerson patients are still alive after 5 years?
If you were in his position and you had people in critical conditions that didn't have enough strength or time to experiment and were counting on you, what you would propose instead, other than intrajugular vit C?

burtlancast

burtlan, I didn't miss the message when you posted, I had nothing to add. I was just doing a fun there.

I know that.

But i'm still waiting for the reference of what you posted.

If you don't have one, i'll have to conclude you made it up.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Gerson Therapy Handbook (0-9677526-4-8)
Companion workbook to 'A Cancer Therapy: Results of Fifty Cases'

The context here is debilitated people under the therapy.

"Do not put Lugol's in green juice." (?)

"Niacinamide is not allowed."

"Preliminary clinical studies indicate that oxidative therapy might produce desirable results in cancer treatment. Most hostile micro-organisms probably require lower oxygen levels than the body's cells. Boosting serum oxygen levels may revitalize normal cells while damaging some viruses and other pathogens. Two basic types of oxygen therapy are ozone therapy and the absorption of hydrogen peroxide at very low concentrations. Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), is produced when ozone (O3) contacts water. It can be taken orally if diluted with water (1/2% or less), absorbed through the skin by bathing in it (from 4-5 pints of 3% H2O2 in a standard size bathtub), used topically, or taken rectally. Ambient air ozone generators are used to benefit patients. In addition to the intensive Gerson Therapy, some adjuvant procedures are being made available to patients. These are scientifically based additions to the Gerson Therapy to add to the patients' ability to heal. Patients should discuss these additions to their treatment with their Gerson physician. Also extra charges will apply, consequently please check with the hospital office."

"The rate of production of toxic radicals - and hence the adequacy of oxidative bacterial killing - is directly proportional to local oxygen tension."

"- Well-oxygenated leukocytes are far more efficient than hypoxic leukocytes.
- Clinically, sufficient hypoxia can occur to inhibit leukocytes and sufficient hyperoxia can easily be achieved to facilitate WBC function.
- The immunological benefits of raising tissue pH; out of the "critical zone" is roughly equivalent to the effects of antibiotics.
- The effects of oxygen and antibiotics are equivalent."

"Heat treatments play an important role as an adjunct to the Gerson program. Treatments increase heart rate and respiratory rate, increase metabolism important for healing, and increase perspiration which assists in detoxification. Treatments stimulate an increase in leukocytes (white blood cells) and neutrophils, thus mobilizing the body's defenses against disease. The resultant increased blood flow brings about greatly improved oxygenation necessary for proper healing. Oxygenation assists in the fight against cancer which does not like an oxygenated environment. Congestion of internal organs, such as the liver, gall bladder, kidneys, etc., is relieved. Poor circulation is improved. Heat often assists in pain relief. Increased circulation lowers toxin levels thereby reducing the nerve irritation which causes pain. Treatments aid in repair of diseased tissues. They affect not only the immediate skin areas, but also exert reflex effects elsewhere in the body through the nervous system. For instance, heat over the abdominal wall decreases spasms of the intestinal tract; heat over kidneys and lower abdomen increases urine production."

"For the cancer patient there is an additional important benefit in the hot water treatments. Many types of cancer cells are much more sensitive to heat than are normal cells. If temperatures can be raised high enough (104°F or more) and long enough, death of cancer cells may result."

"Exercise
Dr. Gerson felt very strongly that a cancer patient just starting on the therapy, urgently needs rest. He even had patients who were not particularly debilitated, stay in bed for a full six weeks! The Gerson Therapy itself speeds up the metabolism, and that requires energy. This extra energy requirement often causes patients starting the treatment to be tired. This is an urgent message from the body to rest! Do not force exercise when you are tired. It will not 'build you up' at all; on the contrary, it will slow down or stop the healing process if you waste your energy.

Early on in the treatment, it is a good practice to do some trampolining. A little 'rebounder' is quite inexpensive, and can be very helpful. In the beginning, use it only by lifting your heel and bending your knees - don't jump. Also, it is best to use it for only 30 seconds at a time, but several times a day - as often as 5-6 times. This very mild exercise stimulates lymphatic circulation and also helps to overcome pain, especially bone pain. But, again, don't overdo or exhaust yourself."

"As your energy returns, you can begin some very mild exercise: a five minute walk (not in extreme heat or cold). This can soon be extended to 8-10 minutes, but, if the patient is very tired, stop, and go back to the last amount of walking that didn't exhaust you. Increase the time for a walk very slowly if you can easily handle it. More strenuous exercise (tennis, squash) must be avoided for a year or so. Try to avoid walking on or near a golf course, as the grass is heavily sprayed with toxic chemicals. Swimming is a problem: all chlorinated pools must be completely avoided and ocean water is too salty for the patient. So what remains? A clean mountain stream or lake. "Clean" means that there are no factories that drain chemicals into the water above the place where you swim. And, of course, the weather must be mild or warm, so the patient is not chilled."

"All substances which go on the skin, at best clog pores, keeping the skin from breathing and eliminating toxins. At worst, these materials are absorbed into the blood stream and damage the patient. While on the intensive therapy, the patient should refrain from using any skin lotions, creams, and ointments whatsoever. Especially, women need to refrain from using lipstick which is regularly licked off the lips and therefore ingested."

"Nail polish keeps the nails from breathing. Do not use it while on the Gerson Therapy; nor any artificial nails [SBBs]. If you are wearing it at the hospital, a nurse will provide you with nail polish remover."

"Dr. Gerson did not want patients to be exposed to sun, nor to sunbathe. During the last few years, it has become fashionable to recommend 'sunscreen' because many doctors claim sunlight can cause skin cancer. Dr. Gerson's reason for recommending patients avoid sunlight is that it is radiation, it is wearying and irritating; so the patient must avoid it."

"The chemical name for baking soda is sodium bicarbonate. Sodium is readily absorbed through the mucus membranes in the mouth and quickly enters the blood stream. A patient who came to us with colon cancer was completely cleared of cancer after about ten months on the therapy. She continued the therapy faithfully, as she had been instructed. Nevertheless, after another six months or so, she had a new malignant lesion in her colon. When she returned to the Gerson Therapy hospital, upon intensive questioning, it turned out her dentist had suggested she brush her teeth with baking soda. She did - and her tumor returned. When she stopped this practice, she healed again!"

"The first indication of problems due to root canals came from a patient who was bedfast and virtually paralyzed due to rheumatoid arthritis, for some reason, her root canal filled tooth was removed, although it looked healthy, and after some months, she could walk and her health was totally restored. But Dr. Price took the extracted tooth, sterilized it thoroughly, and implanted it under the skin of a rabbit. Within 5 days, the rabbit was suffering with severe rheumatoid arthritis, and in 10 days it died of the disease."

"Subsequently, many other patients had root canal filled teeth extracted: some suffering from kidney disease, others from heart disease, and many more with arthritis. In virtually all cases, the patients showed considerable improvement, to even total recovery, after the offending teeth were removed. But, again, many more times Dr. Price implanted the teeth under the skin of rabbits. In each case the tooth removed from the patient caused the patient's disease in the rabbit. Dr. Price went even further to try to clear the apparently infectious material from the extracted teeth: he autoclaved them (sterilized by steam pressure, usually at 250 degrees F or 121°C). This made no difference: the rabbits with the sterilized tooth implanted still developed the disease and died, usually within 10 days. Then Dr. Price implanted a healthy tooth under the skin of a rabbit. The rabbit lived without showing any signs of problems for about 15 years, its normal life span."

"The underlying problem is very interesting: when the nerve is removed from a tooth, it is no longer living, nor is it supplied with nutrients. It is dead. However, the normal structure of the tooth includes tiny 'canules' (similar to capillaries in every human tissue) that carry nutrients to the living tooth. Once the tooth is dead, nutrients stop circulating through these canules, instead they become infested with germs and viruses. Not only that, but the filling of the nerve canal shrinks a tiny little bit, enough for more bacteria and viruses to lodge there, too. None of this shows on X-rays. A dead tooth is thus a potent source of bacterial and viral toxins and infections that can spread throughout the system. Many people with a good immune system and powerful defenses, can live with this constant source of trouble without showing any symptoms. Careful X-rays in many cases show that with time "cavitation" (hollowing out of the surrounding jaw bone) occurs around the root canal treated tooth. As the resistant patient ages or is weakened by accidents, colds and flu, or severe stress, the ability to overcome this 'focal infection' is reduced and can either cause or contribute to cause severe chronic disease."

"In view of the above, it will not come as a surprise that we urgently suggest patients remove any tooth (or teeth) with root canal fillings."

"A German physician Dr. Josef Issels, heard a lecture by Dr. Gerson back in the 1950's and subsequently successfully used alternative treatments in helping many cancer patients. Dr. Issels spent some time at the Gerson Therapy Center and also pointed out the severe damage caused by root canal fillings. He further stated that he refused to treat any cancer patient who did not allow all 'devitalized' (dead) teeth to be removed. He explained that he could not obtain good results without this procedure."

Dairy
"If this baker's cheese contains no salt or fat it may be used, whipped up with some non-fat yogurt and onions, garlic or chives - since it is quite lacking in flavor without additions. Also, Safeway used to produce cheese for the same purpose, called "Dry Curd." This is also free of salt and fat and can be mixed with onions, garlic, etc. and can be a delicious spread for baked potatoes and vegetables; or with a little maple syrup or honey, it can be used over stewed fruit, or as a sauce with some dessert."

Psychological aspect

"Body and mind are two sides of one coin. They sicken together and must be healed together. Whatever affects the one will affect the other. Our task is to evoke the patient's self-healing potential and make sure that some disregarded psychological problem does not sabotage the therapeutic process."

"A positive, hopeful, determined attitude strengthens immune competence, while despair negativity and fear weaken it. Lasting unhappiness or a traumatic event can overwhelm our cells. It is no exaggeration to claim that our every thought and emotion equals a biochemical act. In the words of neuroscientist Dr Candace Pelt co-discoverer of endorphins, "Cells are conscious beings that communicate with each other, affecting our emotions and choices." It is equally true that our emotions and beliefs affect the activity of our cells."

"Clearly, the patient's emotional health is of vital importance if we want to ensure that the Gerson Therapy brings optimum results."

"'No attempt should be made to cure the body without the soul,' wrote the Greek philosopher Plato nearly 2400 years ago. In today's terms, even the brilliant Gerson program cannot do its best if something deep down in the patient's consciousness keeps saying "No" to life."

"And that something may be a totally separate diagnosis. It may have to do with what Lawrence LeShan, pioneer researcher of the body-mind link in malignant disease, dubbed "the cancer-prone personality". Other researchers soon confirmed his observation that certain personality traits seemed to pre-dispose some people to cancer. In LeShan's formulation, these traits include low self-esteem, difficulty in expressing anger or aggression, a tendency to please others and ignore his/her own needs and feelings. In other words, the true self of such a person has disappeared behind a false self, developed probably in early childhood and maintained in adulthood, although no longer necessary."

"It is well known that cancer often appears 18 months or two years after some untoward life event, such as bereavement, divorce, career crisis, fiscal blow, and so on. Experience with clients has shown me that those events only represented the last straw that ultimately broke the camel's back; that, indeed, those people had long existed in what they had felt was a life trap, an impossible existential situation that apparently could neither be borne nor changed. LeShan and Carl Simonton, M.D., describe this life trap in detail. My own case material bears out its existence, and also the fact that those who feel unable to escape eventually reach a stage when they don't care whether they live or die. As many of them have told me, "Something snapped." I suspect it was the last strand of their will to live."

"And, as the well-known saying has it, 'Cancer is a socially acceptable form of suicide.'"

"In a now classical study, British researcher Stephen Greer interviewed a group of women three months after they had undergone mastectomies, to find out how they were coping. He found four distinct types among them who showed, respectively, fighting spirit, denial, stoic acceptance, and hopelessness. After 5 and 10 years, 80% of the fighters, but only 20% of the hopeless had survived. These rates had nothing to do with medical prognoses."

"[..]studies, as well as my own case histories suggest that the fighters, unlike the despondent patients, give positive non-verbal messages to their bodies which boost their immune system, and get results accordingly. Not always. Humanity's mortality rate remains obstinately loo%, but we don't all have to go at once."

"I always ask the initial question, "Do you want to live?" If the answer is yes, I ask, "Do you want to live unconditionally?" Another firm "yes" settles that matter. But often a "yes, but ..." reply identifies an undecided individual, and the need for further exploration."

Wtf?? (kine, 2018).
I know that.

But i'm still waiting for the reference of what you posted.

If you don't have one, i'll have to conclude you made it up.
⇈​

InChristAlone

Gerson Therapy Handbook (0-9677526-4-8)
Companion workbook to 'A Cancer Therapy: Results of Fifty Cases'

The context here is debilitated people under the therapy.

"Do not put Lugol's in green juice." (?)

"Niacinamide is not allowed."

"Preliminary clinical studies indicate that oxidative therapy might produce desirable results in cancer treatment. Most hostile micro-organisms probably require lower oxygen levels than the body's cells. Boosting serum oxygen levels may revitalize normal cells while damaging some viruses and other pathogens. Two basic types of oxygen therapy are ozone therapy and the absorption of hydrogen peroxide at very low concentrations. Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), is produced when ozone (O3) contacts water. It can be taken orally if diluted with water (1/2% or less), absorbed through the skin by bathing in it (from 4-5 pints of 3% H2O2 in a standard size bathtub), used topically, or taken rectally. Ambient air ozone generators are used to benefit patients. In addition to the intensive Gerson Therapy, some adjuvant procedures are being made available to patients. These are scientifically based additions to the Gerson Therapy to add to the patients' ability to heal. Patients should discuss these additions to their treatment with their Gerson physician. Also extra charges will apply, consequently please check with the hospital office."

"The rate of production of toxic radicals - and hence the adequacy of oxidative bacterial killing - is directly proportional to local oxygen tension."

"- Well-oxygenated leukocytes are far more efficient than hypoxic leukocytes.
- Clinically, sufficient hypoxia can occur to inhibit leukocytes and sufficient hyperoxia can easily be achieved to facilitate WBC function.
- The immunological benefits of raising tissue pH; out of the "critical zone" is roughly equivalent to the effects of antibiotics.
- The effects of oxygen and antibiotics are equivalent."

"Heat treatments play an important role as an adjunct to the Gerson program. Treatments increase heart rate and respiratory rate, increase metabolism important for healing, and increase perspiration which assists in detoxification. Treatments stimulate an increase in leukocytes (white blood cells) and neutrophils, thus mobilizing the body's defenses against disease. The resultant increased blood flow brings about greatly improved oxygenation necessary for proper healing. Oxygenation assists in the fight against cancer which does not like an oxygenated environment. Congestion of internal organs, such as the liver, gall bladder, kidneys, etc., is relieved. Poor circulation is improved. Heat often assists in pain relief. Increased circulation lowers toxin levels thereby reducing the nerve irritation which causes pain. Treatments aid in repair of diseased tissues. They affect not only the immediate skin areas, but also exert reflex effects elsewhere in the body through the nervous system. For instance, heat over the abdominal wall decreases spasms of the intestinal tract; heat over kidneys and lower abdomen increases urine production."

"For the cancer patient there is an additional important benefit in the hot water treatments. Many types of cancer cells are much more sensitive to heat than are normal cells. If temperatures can be raised high enough (104°F or more) and long enough, death of cancer cells may result."

"Exercise
Dr. Gerson felt very strongly that a cancer patient just starting on the therapy, urgently needs rest. He even had patients who were not particularly debilitated, stay in bed for a full six weeks! The Gerson Therapy itself speeds up the metabolism, and that requires energy. This extra energy requirement often causes patients starting the treatment to be tired. This is an urgent message from the body to rest! Do not force exercise when you are tired. It will not 'build you up' at all; on the contrary, it will slow down or stop the healing process if you waste your energy.

Early on in the treatment, it is a good practice to do some trampolining. A little 'rebounder' is quite inexpensive, and can be very helpful. In the beginning, use it only by lifting your heel and bending your knees - don't jump. Also, it is best to use it for only 30 seconds at a time, but several times a day - as often as 5-6 times. This very mild exercise stimulates lymphatic circulation and also helps to overcome pain, especially bone pain. But, again, don't overdo or exhaust yourself."

"As your energy returns, you can begin some very mild exercise: a five minute walk (not in extreme heat or cold). This can soon be extended to 8-10 minutes, but, if the patient is very tired, stop, and go back to the last amount of walking that didn't exhaust you. Increase the time for a walk very slowly if you can easily handle it. More strenuous exercise (tennis, squash) must be avoided for a year or so. Try to avoid walking on or near a golf course, as the grass is heavily sprayed with toxic chemicals. Swimming is a problem: all chlorinated pools must be completely avoided and ocean water is too salty for the patient. So what remains? A clean mountain stream or lake. "Clean" means that there are no factories that drain chemicals into the water above the place where you swim. And, of course, the weather must be mild or warm, so the patient is not chilled."

"All substances which go on the skin, at best clog pores, keeping the skin from breathing and eliminating toxins. At worst, these materials are absorbed into the blood stream and damage the patient. While on the intensive therapy, the patient should refrain from using any skin lotions, creams, and ointments whatsoever. Especially, women need to refrain from using lipstick which is regularly licked off the lips and therefore ingested."

"Nail polish keeps the nails from breathing. Do not use it while on the Gerson Therapy; nor any artificial nails [SBBs]. If you are wearing it at the hospital, a nurse will provide you with nail polish remover."

"Dr. Gerson did not want patients to be exposed to sun, nor to sunbathe. During the last few years, it has become fashionable to recommend 'sunscreen' because many doctors claim sunlight can cause skin cancer. Dr. Gerson's reason for recommending patients avoid sunlight is that it is radiation, it is wearying and irritating; so the patient must avoid it."

"The chemical name for baking soda is sodium bicarbonate. Sodium is readily absorbed through the mucus membranes in the mouth and quickly enters the blood stream. A patient who came to us with colon cancer was completely cleared of cancer after about ten months on the therapy. She continued the therapy faithfully, as she had been instructed. Nevertheless, after another six months or so, she had a new malignant lesion in her colon. When she returned to the Gerson Therapy hospital, upon intensive questioning, it turned out her dentist had suggested she brush her teeth with baking soda. She did - and her tumor returned. When she stopped this practice, she healed again!"

"The first indication of problems due to root canals came from a patient who was bedfast and virtually paralyzed due to rheumatoid arthritis, for some reason, her root canal filled tooth was removed, although it looked healthy, and after some months, she could walk and her health was totally restored. But Dr. Price took the extracted tooth, sterilized it thoroughly, and implanted it under the skin of a rabbit. Within 5 days, the rabbit was suffering with severe rheumatoid arthritis, and in 10 days it died of the disease."

"Subsequently, many other patients had root canal filled teeth extracted: some suffering from kidney disease, others from heart disease, and many more with arthritis. In virtually all cases, the patients showed considerable improvement, to even total recovery, after the offending teeth were removed. But, again, many more times Dr. Price implanted the teeth under the skin of rabbits. In each case the tooth removed from the patient caused the patient's disease in the rabbit. Dr. Price went even further to try to clear the apparently infectious material from the extracted teeth: he autoclaved them (sterilized by steam pressure, usually at 250 degrees F or 121°C). This made no difference: the rabbits with the sterilized tooth implanted still developed the disease and died, usually within 10 days. Then Dr. Price implanted a healthy tooth under the skin of a rabbit. The rabbit lived without showing any signs of problems for about 15 years, its normal life span."

"The underlying problem is very interesting: when the nerve is removed from a tooth, it is no longer living, nor is it supplied with nutrients. It is dead. However, the normal structure of the tooth includes tiny 'canules' (similar to capillaries in every human tissue) that carry nutrients to the living tooth. Once the tooth is dead, nutrients stop circulating through these canules, instead they become infested with germs and viruses. Not only that, but the filling of the nerve canal shrinks a tiny little bit, enough for more bacteria and viruses to lodge there, too. None of this shows on X-rays. A dead tooth is thus a potent source of bacterial and viral toxins and infections that can spread throughout the system. Many people with a good immune system and powerful defenses, can live with this constant source of trouble without showing any symptoms. Careful X-rays in many cases show that with time "cavitation" (hollowing out of the surrounding jaw bone) occurs around the root canal treated tooth. As the resistant patient ages or is weakened by accidents, colds and flu, or severe stress, the ability to overcome this 'focal infection' is reduced and can either cause or contribute to cause severe chronic disease."

"In view of the above, it will not come as a surprise that we urgently suggest patients remove any tooth (or teeth) with root canal fillings."

"A German physician Dr. Josef Issels, heard a lecture by Dr. Gerson back in the 1950's and subsequently successfully used alternative treatments in helping many cancer patients. Dr. Issels spent some time at the Gerson Therapy Center and also pointed out the severe damage caused by root canal fillings. He further stated that he refused to treat any cancer patient who did not allow all 'devitalized' (dead) teeth to be removed. He explained that he could not obtain good results without this procedure."

Dairy
"If this baker's cheese contains no salt or fat it may be used, whipped up with some non-fat yogurt and onions, garlic or chives - since it is quite lacking in flavor without additions. Also, Safeway used to produce cheese for the same purpose, called "Dry Curd." This is also free of salt and fat and can be mixed with onions, garlic, etc. and can be a delicious spread for baked potatoes and vegetables; or with a little maple syrup or honey, it can be used over stewed fruit, or as a sauce with some dessert."

Psychological aspect

"Body and mind are two sides of one coin. They sicken together and must be healed together. Whatever affects the one will affect the other. Our task is to evoke the patient's self-healing potential and make sure that some disregarded psychological problem does not sabotage the therapeutic process."

"A positive, hopeful, determined attitude strengthens immune competence, while despair negativity and fear weaken it. Lasting unhappiness or a traumatic event can overwhelm our cells. It is no exaggeration to claim that our every thought and emotion equals a biochemical act. In the words of neuroscientist Dr Candace Pelt co-discoverer of endorphins, "Cells are conscious beings that communicate with each other, affecting our emotions and choices." It is equally true that our emotions and beliefs affect the activity of our cells."

"Clearly, the patient's emotional health is of vital importance if we want to ensure that the Gerson Therapy brings optimum results."

"'No attempt should be made to cure the body without the soul,' wrote the Greek philosopher Plato nearly 2400 years ago. In today's terms, even the brilliant Gerson program cannot do its best if something deep down in the patient's consciousness keeps saying "No" to life."

"And that something may be a totally separate diagnosis. It may have to do with what Lawrence LeShan, pioneer researcher of the body-mind link in malignant disease, dubbed "the cancer-prone personality". Other researchers soon confirmed his observation that certain personality traits seemed to pre-dispose some people to cancer. In LeShan's formulation, these traits include low self-esteem, difficulty in expressing anger or aggression, a tendency to please others and ignore his/her own needs and feelings. In other words, the true self of such a person has disappeared behind a false self, developed probably in early childhood and maintained in adulthood, although no longer necessary."

"It is well known that cancer often appears 18 months or two years after some untoward life event, such as bereavement, divorce, career crisis, fiscal blow, and so on. Experience with clients has shown me that those events only represented the last straw that ultimately broke the camel's back; that, indeed, those people had long existed in what they had felt was a life trap, an impossible existential situation that apparently could neither be borne nor changed. LeShan and Carl Simonton, M.D., describe this life trap in detail. My own case material bears out its existence, and also the fact that those who feel unable to escape eventually reach a stage when they don't care whether they live or die. As many of them have told me, "Something snapped." I suspect it was the last strand of their will to live."

"And, as the well-known saying has it, 'Cancer is a socially acceptable form of suicide.'"

"In a now classical study, British researcher Stephen Greer interviewed a group of women three months after they had undergone mastectomies, to find out how they were coping. He found four distinct types among them who showed, respectively, fighting spirit, denial, stoic acceptance, and hopelessness. After 5 and 10 years, 80% of the fighters, but only 20% of the hopeless had survived. These rates had nothing to do with medical prognoses."

"[..]studies, as well as my own case histories suggest that the fighters, unlike the despondent patients, give positive non-verbal messages to their bodies which boost their immune system, and get results accordingly. Not always. Humanity's mortality rate remains obstinately loo%, but we don't all have to go at once."

"I always ask the initial question, "Do you want to live?" If the answer is yes, I ask, "Do you want to live unconditionally?" Another firm "yes" settles that matter. But often a "yes, but ..." reply identifies an undecided individual, and the need for further exploration."

Wtf?? (kine, 2018).

⇈​
Avoid the sun????

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Avoid the sun????
Model! Yes, I think it's pausable since the sunny can exacaebvetae various deficiencies..

- B12 Deficiency And Hypothyroidism
- Thiamine: One Of The Main Limiting Factors For Proper Carbohydrate Metabolism "sun" (same for pellagra)

It can use up magnesium, vitamin A we've just discussed, vitamin E (and C) without a doubt, vit K (possibly directly and indirectly; must also affect the first enzyme required in et cetera), folate, riboflavin for sure, red light might increase cupre consumption in the body, selenium, and so on. It gets to a point where a depleted person just can't keep up, making the situation worse.

Sunlight is stimulating and a stress, it can compromise debilitated people who can't respond properly further. I guess the same caution regarding exercise applies to it, both are important to make a health but they need a progressive adaptation based on how replenished the person is.

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

- Electrolyte and Acid–Base Disorders in Malignancy (Shirali)https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/8b37/a9acc95977dde49c59357f97d53c314c2eb8.pdf
- Electrolyte Disorders Associated With Cancer (Rosner and Dalkin)https://www.ackdjournal.org/article/S1548-5595(13)00077-3/pdf
- Electrolyte disorders associated with cancer (Bowman)

- Electrolyte Disorders in Cancer Patients (book chapter)
- Electrolyte abnormalities associated with cancer: a review (日本語で)

"It is common knowledge that certain human tumors can be made to regress by enhancing or decreasing the serum levels of the various types of steroid hormones -- androgens, estrogens, progestins, glucocorticoids. In fact, of the major categories of steroid hormones, only the mineralocorticoids have found no clinical applications in this regard. Is this because mineralocorticoid-sensitive tumors do not exist, or rather because few have considered the possibility?"

"An intensive review of both Index Medicus and Chemical Abstracts listings for the past two decades reveals that few attempts have been made to assess possible mineralocorticoid sensitivity of neoplasms. Several studies have found that the in vitro sensitivity of lymphoma or breast cancer cell lines to aldosterone appears to result only from its glucocorticoid component (6, 7). Sarcoma 180 of rats was shown to regress in adrenalectomized animals; regression could be prevented by mineralocorticoids but not glucocorticoids, dependent (8). Aside from these interest in the problem."

"It is at least plausible that certain tumors could be mineralocorticoid-sensitive. Aldosterone receptors are found not only in secretory epithelial tissues (the renal tubules, GI tract, sweat glands) which obviously must regulate the Na/K balance of their secretions, but in muscle (9) and brain (10) as well. A normal western serum level of aldosterone is approximately 6 ng% or less than .2 nM (11), whereas the Km of the renal mineralocorticoid receptor has been found to be 5 - 6 nM (12,13), so it is likely that an order of magnitude increase in aldosterone levels would be reflected by a comparable increase in receptor activation. Could the occasional objective remissions alleged to have occurred with the Gerson regimen, represent instances of mineralocorticoid-sensitive tumors?"

"In response it might be argued that clinical measures which enhance aldosterone levels or aldosterone effect (such as sodium restriction, thiazide diuretics, carbenoxolone) have not been found to fortuitously produce neoplastic regression; it is unlikely, however, that any of these regimens produce aldosterone activity comparable to that of a rigorous Gerson diet."

"Mucopolysaccharide elaboration by the gastric mucosa is enhanced by aldosterone (14), and carbenoxolone, a licorice-derived agent used successfully in the treatment of peptic ulcer, has a similar effect." "[..]perhaps a Gerson diet would have value in the management of peptic ulcer[.]"

"In light of the high incidence of palliative benefits claimed for the Gerson regimen, it is of interest to determine whether aldosterone might have immunostimulant or palliative actions. The possibility that mineralocorticoids may enhance host resistance to tumor growth finds support in the studies of Seifter et al (18,19). Metyrapone, an inhibitor of cortisol synthesis, was found to reduce growth rates and takes of immunogenic tumor lines in rodents; it was postulated that this effect might result in part from increased secretion of deoxycorticosterone, a pure mineralocorticoid whose position in the pathway of cortisol synthesis is proximal to the point of metyrapone block. Deoxycorticosterone acetate (DOCA) added to the food of mice at 20 mg/kg diet, was then shown to slow the growth of sarcomas induced by the murine sarcoma virus (18) and of transplantable C3H breast adenocarcinoma (19), prolonging host life by 30-40% and increasing tumor latency times. It was postulated that this effect resulted from an inhibition of cortisol-mediated immunosuppression, since DOCA could partially prevent stress-induced thymic involution in mice (18)."

"The effects of aldosterone on immune responsiveness appear to be complex. Pharmacological doses increase skin graft retention time in rats (20) (an effect which is apparently independent of aldosterone's glucocorticoid component), and appear to reduce the mitotic response of human lymphocytes to PHA [Public Housing Authority] (21). On the other hand, the reticuloendothelial activity of severely burned rats is significantly enhanced by aldosterone administration, which reduced mortality from 90% in controls to 20% in the treated group. This may have some bearing on numerous studies which indicate that aldosterone reduces mortality from various toxins, including endotoxin, trypsin, and snake venom (23,24). Could such an action have a beneficial effect on various paraneoplastic syndromes?"

"Several daily doses of aldosterone were found to raise the intracellular K and lower the intracellular Na and water content in the brain and muscle of rats (26) (An increase in intracellular Na and decrease in K found in rat hearts 30 minutes after a pharmacological dose of aldosterone (27) may reflect transient inhibition of the Na,K-ATPase). Clinical application of this finding has been made by Schmiedek et al (28), who administered aldosterone pre- and post-operatively for several days to patients undergoing brain tumor surgery, and found that peritumoral edema was lessened, and that the post-operative course was smoother in treated patients. It is conceivable that increased aldosterone activity could produce a slight decrease in intracellular tumor water, and thus decrease tumor pressure and the associated pain -- a possible mechanism for the "90% pain relief" claimed for the Gerson regimen."

"While it would be possible to clinically test the impact of mineralocorticoids on neoplastic disease by imposing a very strict Gerson-like dietary regimen, it would probably be more feasible to administer high doses of DOCA in conjunction with moderate dietary sodium restriction (relying on "aldosterone escape" to prevent hypernatremia) and the continual ingestion of potassium-rich food and fluids, thus hopefully warding off the electrolyte abnormalities characteristic of pathological hyperaldosteronism."

"The low-fat nature of the diet might promote RES activity, which is inhibited by the oral administration of free fatty acids to rats (34); dietary fats have tumor and graft promoting properties in some animal models (35)."

"In light of the manifold physiological effects of aldosterone, many no doubt as yet undiscovered, it is of interest to reflect on the fact that the aldosterone levels of our prehistoric forebears were almost certainly closer to those of the Yanomami than to ours, and to consider what impact such a radical shift in a hormone level might have on our physiological function and health."​

Mark F. McCarty - Researching the Gates (author above)
Toward a Core Nutraceutical Program for Cancer Management

- pH Gradient Reversal: An Emerging Hallmark of Cancers
- The pH paradigm of cancer

- Phytotherapy of Prostate Cancer: How far is we?
- Phytotherapeutic interventions in the management of biochemically recurrent prostate cancer: a systematic review of randomised trials

@gilson d dantas @Obi-wan

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Using a progesterone product that contains vitamin E might not be a good idea because you can't get both in a right dose, one will have to be off and it's usually vitamin E that's sacrificed.

- Dr. Peat's Progest E Oil Complex, 34 ml
  • Natural d-alpha tocopherol &/or mixed tocopherols (vitamin E) 4-22 mg per drop; 12-66 mg per serving
  • Natural progesterone derived from wild yam 3 mg per drop; 9 mg per serving
40 mg or 60 IU on average per serving, but people tend to use more than that. 120 IU for example isn't a modest dose and it might have a negative effect depending on the state of the person; it must in turn increase the requirements for other nutrients such as vitamin A, K, C, niacin, iodine, selenium, and so on.

- NAD/NADH Ratio - The One Metabolic Cause To Rule Them All

I would consider separating them for better adjustment.

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

The Gerson Therapy: The Proven Nutritional Program for Cancer and Other Illnesses - Charlotte Gerson and Morton Walker

Already posted elsewhere, but it was saved as a draft to post here while trying to upload the file as well because my crystal ball told me that it's going to make a broken soon. Uploading wasn't possible, may be due to size.

It has some interesting bits that weren't available in the original book. Examples:

"The addition by Dr. Gerson of supplemental potassium salts as acetate, gluconate, and phosphate (monobasic) to the diet, in which malate is supplied by frequent use of apples, improves the efficiency of the tricarboxylic acid (Krebs) cycle in mitochondrial energy production."

"Since ill persons such as these are not allowed to drink water, they should be provided with herbal teas, such as peppermint, orange @Blossom, linden blossom, and/or tahebo (lapacho or pau d'arco). A quantity of such teas should be stored in a thermos bottle on a night table, right next to the bed. Also, if the patient has difficulty falling to sleep, certain herb such as valerian make sleep-inducing teas."​

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Dear Oracle,

I am really curious because you cite the Gerbit...I mean... Gerson a lot. Why do you have him in such high regard? Like... I see you using him as a reference to where you compare lots of other theories/practices. I don't know if he is legit or not, I am just curious why you like his protocols so much.
1. I'm actually getting paid by the Gerson industry to say that.
2. Fixation due to obsessive-compulsive thoughts.
3. Not being widely read as burtlan, so not having options to hold on to.
4. Few approaches are as comprehensive as Gerson's.
5. He's one of a few whose the success of the therapy relies on how effective the diet is. He couldn't afford slips in this aspect as others could. Despite the fact that Koch's understanding was far better than Gerson's and he was attentive to diet, it was possible for him to include elements that would fail if he didn't use his reagents in conjunction. As an example he added fish liver oil for vitamin A and I doubt it would be productive to have it in the program if he had to solve it through diet alone.

Makrosky

1. I'm actually getting paid by the Gerson industry to say that.
2. Fixation due to obsessive-compulsive thoughts.
3. Not being widely read as burtlan, so not having options to hold on to.
4. Few approaches are as comprehensive as Gerson's.
5. He's one of a few whose the success of the therapy relies on how effective the diet is. He couldn't afford slips in this aspect as others could. Despite the fact that Koch's understanding was far better than Gerson's and he was attentive to diet, it was possible for him to include elements that would fail if he didn't use his reagents in conjunction. As an example he added fish liver oil for vitamin A and I doubt it would be productive to have it in the program if he had to solve it through diet alone.
Hmmm.... I don't know what to say then. It is difficult to make up ones mind regarding the validity of Gersons therapy.

PS. Could you please send me the contact of the gerson's representative? I would like to be paid as well

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals