Treating Cancer With Thyroid

Discussion in 'Natural Dessicated Thyroid' started by Ray-Z, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Ray-Z

Ray-Z Member

I'm starting this thread at the request of another forum member.

If you have any experiences, thoughts, questions, recommendations, etc. relating to the use of thyroid to treat cancer, please consider contributing them to this thread. Many thanks in advance. :thankyou

I will kick off the thread with a quote from Ray Peat's book, Progesterone in Orthomolecular Medicine. The quote comes from a chapter titled "Warburg's Cancer Theory, Cachexia, and Thyroid Therapy," which is obviously worthwhile reading for anyone interested in this topic. In this chapter, Peat explains Warburg's view that (as summarized on p. 27) "all cancers have defective respiration, by which he meant that glucose is consumed too rapidly, even when there is adequate oxygen." Throughout the rest of the chapter, Peat describes the mechanisms by which cancer interferes with metabolism and spreads inflammation, and by which thyroid, progesterone, pregnenolone, and the usual host of pro-metabolic substances can reverse this degeneration.

Here's Peat's conclusion (p. 30)...

2. kiran

kiran Member

Thanks for posting that. Nothing more specific for cancers or other tumors, eh?

3. OP
    Ray-Z

Ray-Z Member

No problem, Kiran.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you rephrase? I haz teh stooooopidz. :mrgreen:

4. kiran

kiran Member

I have some lipomas, which are fatty tumors. Generally they're pretty benign.

I suppose there's no help for it other than large doses of T3, and the standard stuff like aspirin/pregnenolone, etc.

Sorry it was mostly meant to be a rhetorical question.

5. OP
    Ray-Z

Ray-Z Member

No problem. I will take another look at the chapter I quoted. IIRC, Peat doesn't discuss lipomas specifically, but he may have had some general suggestions about tumors.

6. kiran

kiran Member

Exactly my thought.

7. OP
    Ray-Z

Ray-Z Member

Kiran:

The chapter of Progesterone in Orthomolecular Medicine quoted above includes a couple of passages discussing ways to starve tumors.

After observing that lactic acid can induce growth of blood vessels to supply a tumor with nutrients (p. 28), Peat makes the following recommendations.

8. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

Excellent thread, thank you Ray Z! :rockout

9. Lucy

Lucy Member

Since my father just got diagnosed with eye melanoma, and I consulted with Peat on this issue, I guess I can contribute to this thread a bit... first Peat wrote this:

Then he told me my father's symptoms (I described all his health issues, not just cancer) are very suggestive of a deficiency of pregnenolone, progesterone, and thyroid, as well as the vitamin and minerals. I then asked about the dose of thyroid and he replied:

He gave lots of other advice too but I guess this thread is limited to the use of thyroid in cancer...

10. charlie

Lucy, there is a Ray Peat email depository thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1035

Thank you for posting that advice from Ray Peat!

11. Lucy

Lucy Member

That page is really useful, thanks Charlie! I already posted all correspondence regarding my father's cancer, will soon post the rest as well (there is quite some material by now, it's been some years since I've known Peat :))

12. charlie

Lucy, that will be really awesome. Thank you!

13. OP
    Ray-Z

Ray-Z Member

Lucy: Great info from Ray Peat. Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Charlie: Thanks very much. :cheers <-- Pretend those are coffee mugs.

14. Tink

Tink Member

Lucy, did you have any more information? Did you post it?
    I've been diagnosed with eye tumour,,they 'think' it's melanoma. I'm doing everything i can but wondered did your Dad get over it?
    Thanks J.