ErectedI Mean, Neglected: Sexual Disinterest As An Early Sign Of A Concerning Generalized Problem

Amazoniac

Not surprisingly, Wilhelm Reich's take on cancer and degeneration.

Treatment and protocol aside, it's an interesting book pointing out that diseases are just a manifestation of a generalized problem and that many patients display signs of repression, exhaustion, frustration, conformism, passiveness, and helplessness way before anything concrete appears.

"In cancer [..] the biological core lowers its energy production. With this diminution of energy production, the emotions and excitations become gradually weaker and weaker. The energy metabolism is thus disturbed far more profoundly than in the more conspicuous symptom-producing disorders, such as hysteria. Seen functionally, an outbreak of anger is still an energy discharge, even though it may be pathological. Chronic emotional calm, on the other hand, must coincide with a bio-energetic stagnation in the cell and plasma system.
With some hesitation, I feel obliged to speak here of "suffocation of cell energy system." It seems conceivable, although at present this contention cannot be stated with any certainty, that characterological resignation is the surface expression of an inner process of gradual cessation of the energy functions of the life apparatus."

It seems implied the idea that expansiveness by itself is not a sign healthiness, because it's actually the vitality in the expansion and the contraction, or the "biological pulsation", that represents the full potential of life. And he complements that it's the chronic contraction without its opposite, an adequate expansion, that degenerates life; kind of a chronic catabolic state imposed by various chronic stressors.

"It cannot be mere coincidence that cancer develops so seldom in a bio-energetically alive organism and so easily in the bio-energetically stagnant organism. It is clear that the shrinking biopathy, in contrast to other biopathic forms, beings with this abnormal calm in the person's sexual and emotional life. Symptoms of stasis anxiety, which are often numerous in the previous history of cancer patients, are rare once the cancer reaches a mature stage. The impression is of a sharp reduction in the biological energy metabolism, which in healthy persons is vividly reflected in the function of the orgasm."
Discharge and charge, Achilles reflex.

--
Wilhelm Reich Cancer Biopathy, The Opt : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

"In The Cancer Biopathy, Reich presents a functional theory of cancer that explains the origin and development of the disease and offers possibilities for its treatment and, more importantly, its prevention. This is accomplished without excluding the prevalent speculations about the relationship of the disease to infection, emotional disorder, damage to cellular metabolism, the value of simple excision of large tumors, etc. The theoretical "cancer virus" is undoubtedly related to Reich's T-bacilli, which produced cancerous tumors in experimental animals, thus supporting the present infection theory. However, to accommodate Reich's views, the infection theory would have to include the fact that the T-bacillus originates endogenously from the bionous disintegration of living substance. (This, of course, discredits the metaphysical theory of "air germs" from which all bacteria are presumed to develop.) The psychic depression or lack of aggression, noted by the psychosomaticists, is Reich's "characterological resignation." But, for Reich, "resignation" is not just an interesting finding that is obscurely involved in the origin of the disease; it is the first phase of a shrinking process that results from a disturbance in the discharge of biosexual energy. The current theory of oxygen deficiency on the cellular level, originally noted by Warburg, is no an isolated, unexplained finding but, according to Reich, the internal biochemical expression of external respiration. In other words, in Reich's theory of cancer these and other factors are not miscellaneous and unconnected; they are symptoms of a systemic disease that has its origin in the prolonged stagnation of the organism's biological energy."

Last edited:

Dante

One clickbaity title. Interesting thing about repression is that i don't feel repressed unless someone actually tells(scares) me that i will get repressed . Weird psychological maneuver.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

One clickbaity title. Interesting thing about repression is that i don't feel repressed unless someone actually tells(scares) me that i will get repressed . Weird psychological maneuver.
One of the significant changes from the past century was that blame became guilt, so it's way more difficult to avoid that type of repression because it's self-imposed. If you stop to notice, hardly anyone has an active repressor telling them what to do, the thing is permeated way more subtly in our culture. You're an exception nowadays..

Wagner83

This is beautiful writing, the way he presents biology is quite fascinating, almost artistic (painter?).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals