Breakthrough Cancer Therapy - Perfect Health Diet (Jaminet)

Steve

Angiex's Upcoming Mission on the International Space Station - Perfect Health Diet | Perfect Health Diet

Any thoughts on this?
The Jaminets are testing out an approach that "destroys both the tumor cells and the tumor blood vessels simulatneously...and the whole tumor dies for lack of oxygen and nutrients"

Our drug is close to being finalized, and it is performing remarkably well. We have effectively regressed every tumor we’ve tested in rodents. There is good therapeutic margin in both mice and rats, and the drug is well tolerated in monkeys. There’s every reason to be optimistic it will do well in humans. There’s also reason to believe it will effectively treat the most malignant cancers, such as pancreatic cancer and liver cancer. The more aggressive the cancer, the better our drug works.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Knowing the times we are in, I think incredible breakthroughs in health and energy are about to happen.

iu

Mito

“Angiex is developing antibody-based therapeutics against a novel target, TM4SF1 (Transmembrane-4 L Six Family member 1). TM4SF1 is a membrane glycoprotein of tetraspanin topology that was originally discovered as a protein expressed on many human epithelial tumor cells. [1] In tumor cells, TM4SF1 supports growth, invasion, and metastasis. [2, 3] Angiex founders Hal Dvorak and Shou-Ching Jaminet identified TM4SF1 as an endothelial cell biomarker [4] with critical roles in support of angiogenesis, thereby establishing TM4SF1 as a dual (tumor vessel and tumor cell) therapeutic target in cancer. [5] TM4SF1 clusters in cell surface microdomains [6] and internalizes [7], making it a candidate target of antibody-drug conjugate therapy.

The potential of anti-TM4SF1 antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) was tested in a preclinical collaboration between Pfizer and Angiex founders at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Anti-TM4SF1 ADCs effectively regressed xenograft tumors in mice. [8]

An improved anti-TM4SF1 ADC would have potential to effectively treat all solid tumors. Creating such an agent is Angiex’s mission.”

Science – Angiex

Kartoffel

Knowing the times we are in, I think incredible breakthroughs in health and energy are about to happen.

Knowing the times we are in, I think no progress in health and energy is going to happen within the next few decades. Dozens of these new mircale drugs have been announced every year for the last 20-30 years. Pharma companies have made billions by selling junk at ridiculous prices to desperate people, but we aren't any closer to understanding or curing cancer than we were fifty years ago. We're probably further away now than during the times of Warburg, Koch, and Szent-Györgi.

Before anyone gets excited about this, with all that cool space science and stuff, you might wanna read the actual paper first that is the basis for their overly optimistic claims. I can't find anything in that confused collection of injection experiments that would give reason for optimism. Most of the stuff sounds rather dangerous actually. It's the basic shotgun/silver bullet principle, but see for yourself.

Sci-Hub - просмотр статьи | 10.1158/1535-7163.mct-15-0188

Last edited:

xborg

...and the whole tumor dies for lack of oxygen and nutrients"
Their statement shows a fundamental lack of understanding about the nature of tumor metabolism since they use fermentation (as fungus), not oxygen for energy. Perhaps the drug will have anti-cancer effects to the extent it has any anti-fungal properties, like all other drugs that have some efficacy against cancer.

Peater Piper

Knowing the times we are in, I think no progress in health and energy is going to happen within the next few decades.
I hold your more cynical view, though I certainly hope Charlie is right.

You trust an anti-sugar chubber?
I wouldn't say they're anti-sugar. They do favor starch, but they seem fine with sucrose if it's coming from fruit. Maybe not entirely in line with Peat's preferences, but there's far worse diets out there.

nwo2012

I do agree there are far worse and many of their ideas are Peaty so yes 1-0 to you.