Uncle Has Cancer Help With Treatment Advice

homyak

That sounds like A LOT to supplement, are you sure this is not going to overload her system somewhat? Did you start her out on this right away or have you slowly built up?

From my own experience when you supplement with too many pro-metabolic substances it can have a negative effect to a body that is already very delicate. Especially if there is not sufficient nutrition to support the metabolism boosting supplements.

The only thing I would probably drop is the Meldonium and lower the P5p. What is specifically a lot to you, just the amount? I have her on a Peaty diet and she seems to be doing well so far. She is textbook hypothyroid, just to provide context.

The main goals are to lower inflammation, estrogen, serotonin, inhibit FAO/FAS and increase the strength of her immune system as she has gone through 5 rounds of chemo and 10 sessions of radiation, plus surgery on her femur. She also has very high iron levels. So blocking FAO and lowering iron are also goals, as I have read the interaction between PUFA and iron drives fibrosis and cancer.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
The only thing I would probably drop is the Meldonium and lower the P5p. What is specifically a lot to you, just the amount? I have her on a Peaty diet and she seems to be doing well so far. She is textbook hypothyroid, just to provide context.

The main goals are to lower inflammation, estrogen, serotonin, inhibit FAO/FAS and increase the strength of her immune system as she has gone through 5 rounds of chemo and 10 sessions of radiation, plus surgery on her femur. She also has very high iron levels. So blocking FAO and lowering iron are also goals, as I have read the interaction between PUFA and iron drives fibrosis and cancer.

There is no hard and fast rule as to what constitutes a lot it varies from person to person. I just know from my own experience and from other people on this forum that over supplementation can end up causing more problems then it solves.

Your mother's situation sounds very similar to my own except she suffers from Parkinson's; hypothyroid, learned helplessness, high levels of heavy metals. She is very sensitive to supplements and there have been supplements I have given her that have had a very negative effect and for when I have taken them have been nothing but positive. Not saying that this is the case with your mother as from what you're saying it seems like they are doing a lot of good. Just something to be aware of and be on the lookout for any negative symptoms the supplements might be causing and don't be afraid to scale back if that is the case.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for your mother.

Last edited:

homyak

There is no hard and fast rule as to what constitutes a lot it varies from person to person. I just know from my own experience and from other people on this forum that over supplementation can end up causing more problems then it solves.

Your mother's situation sounds very similar to my own except she suffers from Parkinson's; hypothyroid, learned helplessness, high levels of heavy metals. She is very sensitive to supplements and there have been supplements I have given her that have had a very negative effect and for when I have taken them have been nothing but positive. Not saying that this is the case with your mother as from what you're saying it seems like they are doing a lot of good. Just something to be aware of and be on the lookout for any negative symptoms the supplements might be causing and don't be afraid to scale back if that is the case.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you mother.

You're right. Trying to pump more supplements into her is not always the correct approach and we can easily be blinded by emotion as we are trying to save a loved one. Thanks for the advice.

And same for your uncle.

homyak

Homyak:

She is having radiation. How about some vit c to alleviate the side effects of radiation?

High-Dose Vitamin C (PDQ®)–Patient Version

For some, it has proved to be a cure. This New Zealander was given eight weeks. He was given intravenous vit c.

Thanks. I came across that video a couple months ago. Before I give her vitamin C I want to make sure her iron has lowered significantly. I vaguely recall at the time moment that vitamin C and iron can have very bad interactions in the body.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
This guy swears by carrots.

Chris Beat Cancer - A resource for healing cancer holistically by Chris Wark.

The literature shows that carrots contain cancer fighting substances called falcarinol and falcarindiol. But the amounts in carrots are puny, compared to parsnips and celery. Attached is an extract from a book.

Wouldn't it be more likely that the cancer fighting effect is due to the removal of endotoxin and estrogen that raw carrot facilities rather than the cancer fighting substances?

Great that it can do both

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Anyone know if the supplements I've recommended will help with some of the negative side effects of the Chemo? I'm thinking specifically of how it makes you feel like crap. I'm guessing that these feelings are due to elevation of stress hormones but am not sure which ones.

Possibly elevated lactate?

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Small update. He has only been taking the supplements I've recommended for two days and his blood pressure it is the lowest it has been in years 122/68. He has been on a bunch of horrible meds to keep his blood pressure down and none of them have worked. He is a bit shocked by this positive result. From what I know this has been caused by the Cortinon (progesterone and dhea) plus Magnesium (i've had him take a few drops of Magnoil each day).

He feels completely fine he said that the supplements I gave him made him feel a bit tired/relaxed. I told him that if his stress hormones were high (which they clearly are due to the cancer and many other things) it was normal and healthy that he felt a bit more tired and relaxed after taking the Cortinon and the Magnoil as they work to lower the stress hormones that keep you wired.

I'm hoping that I will be able to get him off some of this blood pressure medication and get him to continue with my recommendations. Anyone have any suggestions on what is a good maintenance dose of progesterone and dhea for a man in his 50s? What I really need to do is have some blood tests to determine certain stress hormones; I'm thinking, cortisol, estrogen, prolactin and lactate levels. Would appreciate any advice on this front as what type of tests to order.

He starts Chemo today only two rounds the doctor has said instead of three which is good news. Will update with more info as it comes.

My mom has metastatic HR+ cancer, this is what I have as her daily regimen.

Aspirin 4g/day (4 x 1g)
Doxycycline 200mg/day (2 x 100mg)
Lysine 500mg/day
P5p 50mg/day
Niacinamide 2g/day (2 x 1g)
Meldonium 500mg/day
Pyrucet 1x/day
B1 500mg/day
Vitamin K 15mg/day
Taurine 1g/day
Lapodin 1x/day
Defibron 1x/day
Tocovit 1x/day
Cortinon 2x/day
Magnoil 1x/day
Cyproheptadine 8-16mg
Progesterone 50mg/day (2 x 25mg)
T3
Methylene Blue
2-3mg/day (w/ red light 1 hour)
Coconut oil w/ activated charcoal
Turkey Tail 4g (2 x 2g)

I will be adding more immune system boosters like the peptide Vladonix. She has also been on Fenbendazole, but I don't think it is doing anything.

Updates?

B1 500mg? Why don't you make IM or better IV thiamine, readily available in Russia, 50mg/ml. Dirt cheap. Via oral takes a long time for thiamine storage to replenish. If you stick to oral ROA 500mg is not enough to inhibit carbonic anhydrase to desirable level. Rise it up to 1500 at least. Or add some others CAI. Amount of aspirin you use leads to lactate accumulation long term. More b1 is needed.
You also need some strong glycolysis inhibitors.
I suggest you read this topic and my investigation.

Soluble Aspirin "highly Effective" Against Brain Cancer

This is a perfect example of that BigPharma tactic to distract from the real thing and to hide the real mechanism and mode of action. In this case I believe aspirin is being used as a cover up. There are studies and we all know that aspirin could put cancers in permament remission, it creats a perfect cove up. So aspirin in this formulation is being proposed as a drug and glyceryl triacetate as a carrier. This is their patent GB2533669A - Salicylate compound composition - Google Patents
"In some embodiments the concentration of the salicylate compound, preferably aspirin, may be 0.5 to 3 wt% and/or the concentration of the glycerol derivative, preferably glycerin triacetate, may be 94 to 99 wt%. In some embodiments the concentration of saccharin compound, preferably saccharin, may be 0.1 to 3 wt°"

Patent inventors are
Jason Cohen Simon and Hurst Craig
Jason's linkedin page says he got Master's degree in Education from the University of Vermont in Higher Education https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonfsimon

And surpisingly(not really) there is a sientist from University of Vermont Professor of Neurological Sciences Diane M. Jaworski, Ph.D
Jaworski Research Uncovers Mechanism Linked to Brain Cancer Tumor Growth

"In the search for sorely-needed new therapies, Jaworski, Long and colleagues examined ASPA (aspartoacylase), an enzyme that breaks down a compound called N-acetyl-L-aspartate (NAA) into the amino acid aspartate and acetate. NAA is the brain’s primary storage form of acetate, which plays a critical role in allowing genes to be turned on and off. In glioma, NAA levels and ASPA expression are decreased; thus, reducing acetate bioavailability.

A hallmark of all cancers is global hypoacetylation,” explains Jaworski. “Most notably, the lack of acetate silences tumor suppressor genes, the ‘brakes’ that limit cell division.”

Long and Jaworski wondered if supplementing with NAA could increase ASPA expression, and acetate levels, thereby reducing proliferation. The results of their study, published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry were surprising. NAA and another source of acetate in the brain, N-acetylaspartylglutamate (NAAG), increased, rather than decreased, the proliferation of glioma stem cells. Hence, NAA, or NAAG, would not be an effective therapy.

Jaworski and Long were stumped. “Why was this therapy causing proliferation?” they wondered. The pivotal answer came to them in-flight: Adding more NAA will only generate acetate if ASPA is functional. “We needed another acetate source!” exclaims Jaworski. However, the additional source needed to be able to cross the blood-brain barrier and not require ASPA.

The key solution turned out to be an FDA-approved food additive – glyceryl triacetate (GTA) – used to treat Canavan disease, an inherited disorder that causes progressive damage to nerve cells in the brain."

So what we have here is synergy of GTA and aspirin, but the same old way as they always lie and hide the truth.

And again GTA was once propused by NASA as an alternative source of energy for human consumption and its belived to be possible to obtain up to 50% of calories from it.
https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19680025022_1968025022.pdf

So I would speculate, if cancer is metabolic disease, glyceryl triacetate changes metabolic pathways to get out from "stacked cancer metabolism"

In that patent something atracted my attention. They mention saccharine too much. But I thought its a sweetener why to mention it a lot?. It was so suspicious to talk about saccharine too much.
I googled.
Could saccharin be used to treat aggressive cancers?
https://www.researchgate.net/public...arin_be_a_lead_compound_in_anticancer_therapy
Saccharine is a carbonic anhydrase IX(9) inhibitor SELECTIVE TO IX(9) TYPE!!!!
Carbonic anhydrase 9 - Wikipedia
Clinical significance[edit]
CA IX is a transmembrane protein and is a tumor-associated carbonic anhydrase isoenzyme. It is over-expressed in VHL mutated clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) and hypoxic solid tumors, but is low-expressed in normal kidney and most other normal tissues. It may be involved in cell proliferation and transformation. This gene is mapped to 9p13-p12.[7]

CA IX is a cellular biomarker of hypoxia. Furthermore, recent studies examining the association between CA IX levels and various clinicopathological outcomes suggest that CA IX expression may also be a valuable prognostic indicator for overall survival[20] although this association has been questioned.[21]

CA IX shows high expression in carcinomas of the uterine cervix, kidney, oesophagus, lung, breast, colon, brain, and vulva compared to expression in few noncancerous tissues.[22][11] Its overexpression in cancerous tissues compared to normal ones is due to hypoxic conditions in the tumor microenvironment caused by abnormal vasculature and subsequent transcriptional activation by HIF-1 binding.[17] In clear cell renal carcinomas, CA IX shows high expression under normoxia due to a mutation in the VHL gene that normally negatively regulates HIF-1.[22] Because of its overexpression in many types of cancer and low expression in normal tissues, CAIX has become a useful target for clear cell RCC and breast cancer tumor imaging in mice.[23][24]

CA IX plays a very significant role in tumor acidification as it has very high catalytic activity with the highest rate of proton transfer of the known CAs.[25] The enzyme converts carbon dioxide outside of the tumor into bicarbonate and protons, contributing to extracellular acidosis and promoting tumor growth by regulating the pH of the cytosol.[10]

As a drug target[edit]
Because of its low expression in normal tissues and overexpression in many cancer tissues, CA IX has also become a desirable drug target. Girentuximab, an antibody that binds to CA IX, failed to improve disease-free as well as overall survival of patients with clear cell RCC in Phase III clinical trials.[26]

However, a number of small molecules have been used to inhibit CA IX. The main classes of these inhibitors are inorganic anions, sulfonamides, phenols, and coumarins.[15] Anions and sulfonamides inhibit CA IX by coordinating the zinc ion within CA IX while phenols bind to the zinc-coordinated water molecule.[15] Coumarins serve as mechanism-based inhibitors that are hydrolyzed by the enzyme to form a cis-2-hydroxy-cinnamic acid derivative that then binds to the active site.[

ASPIRIN + GTA + SACCHARIN combination is a powerful pro-metabolic solution as far as I see.

UPDT something more atracted my attention.
From wiki :"However, it is inhibited by bicarbonate.[19]"
Old buddy sodium bicarbonate for cancer...

One more update. Sorry.

Glycerol inhibits glycolysys!!!
Glycolysis in Bloodstream Form Trypanosoma brucei Can Be Understood in Terms of the Kinetics of the Glycolytic Enzymes
Under anaerobic conditions Gly-3-P is converted to glycerol by GK (2). As the ΔG0′ of this reaction is strongly positive, glycerol effectively inhibits glycolysis at low concentrations (50% inhibition at 0.8 mM) (39). In the model, glycolysis was also inhibited by glycerol (Fig. 2)

Inhibitory Effects of Glycerol on Growth and Invasion of Human Oral Cancer Cell Lines
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jhtb/20/1/20_1_37/_pdf
Further, it was demonstrated that the mechanisms of glycerol for inhibiting growth and invasion of the cancer cell lines are inhibition of G1/S phase transition of the cancer cell lines, apoptosis induction, and an inability of cancer cells to use glycerol as an energy substrate.

Would appreciate any advice on this front as what type of tests to order.

COMPREHENSIVE LIST (from Haidut)

1. Blood:

CBC (complete blood count)
iron,
Ferritin
transferrin
iron saturation
copper
ceruloplasmin

2. Metabolism:

CMP (Comprehensive metabolic panel)
CO2 (carbon dioxide)
LDH (lactate dehydrogenase)
CK (Creatine kinase)
insulin
IGF-1 (Insulin-like growth factor 1)
NEFA (Non-esterified fatty acids / Free fatty acids)

3. Liver

AST (Aspartate Aminotransferase)
ALP (Alkaline Phosphatase Level)
ALT (Alanine aminotransferase / SGPT)
GGT (Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase)
PT (Prothrombin time)
PTT (Partial thromboplastin time)
albumin
billirubin
total protein
fibrin

Prolactin
serotonin

5. Steroids:

pregnenolone
DHEA
progesterone
testosterone
DHT
estradiol
estrone
estrone sulfate (E1S)
estriol
cortisol

TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone)
fT4 (Free thyroxine)
fT3 (Free Triiodothyronine)
rT3 (Reverse Triiodothyronine)

7. Inflammation:
ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate)
CRP (C-reactive protein)

8. PUFA status:
blood iodine
Mead acid

Vitamin A
25-hydroxy vitamin D test
1,25 dihydroxy-vitamin D
B12

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Thanks for all this @methylenewhite will review it when I get a chance. Unfortunately with all this Coronavirus craziness is chemo has been pushed back. He has only had one dose so far and was supposed to have a second and possibly a third. Which might turn out to be a blessing as the things he are currently taking have good evidence for their anti-cancer effect. He's currently been told to self-isolate because he is in a high risk category.

He feels fine but a bit tired on occasion which I would wager is down to the cortinon and magnoil.

He is still taking the original supplement list I recommended with some minor adjustments.

She is textbook hypothyroid, just to provide context.

Хомяк, как мама твоя? Выздоравливает?

mrchibbs

Since he can't take aspirin,

Maybe instead focus on his intestinal environment? Cyproheptadine has been used as cancer treatment many times.
I would also give him antibiotics, maybe Minocycline? Anything you can do to lessen endotoxin load/serotonin
production down there will probably help his liver a ton and reduce inflammation.

Of course cypro is anti-serotonin so that thins the blood a little, and minocycline depletes k2, as all antibiotics do. I'd recommend it anyway, seeing as a clean intestine can only be good for his heart.
But if all fails, maybe just get him to take a carrot salad daily, and add cascara sagrada to make sure his transit is smooth and fast.

homyak

Хомяк, как мама твоя? Выздоравливает?

Thank you for the concern.

No, unfortunately she passed away several months ago after a few rounds of chemotherapy. She was doing great and seemingly recovering, as soon as she started taking chemotherapy - game over.

It is a very difficult topic for me to talk about now, as I loved her very much and we tried everything to win. The hardest thing for me to accept is how well she was doing only a couple months before her death. In the morning, I would wake up early, prepare her supplements, then we would drive for an hour or so, just so I could get her outside and brighten her morning. I really miss this. Her mood was incredible and she was doing so well. My whole family was astonished at how well she was doing for such a grim prognosis.

In her last hours, I told her how much I loved her and she was so thankful for all the help and told me how much she loved me. The women in my family prayed with her and they all sang her favorite song together "Hey Jude." Shockingly, she prayed and sang with them. Hours later she set sail for a different realm.

She looked beautiful the day she died, she didn't lose any weight and her skin and hair were very nice. She was talking with my brother and I hours before she passed away, we said "Mom, you look so beautiful, you will be okay...you will okay..just sleep" and we gave her a mirror. She made a few jokes with us then went back to sleep. My brother and I really just thought she needed to sleep more. Then 4-5 hours later, she went into this weird death spiral. She began to call out for her brother and father who passed many years ago, I simply left the room and started to throw up from panic.

I am crying now, for two reasons. I miss my mother, but more importantly I discovered a beautiful community of people willing to help each other find the truth. I have "in the trench" experience with the metabolic approach to health and I firmly believe this is the key to cancer, as I have directly seen the results. I am deeply in debt to the community and a few select members who offered me incredibly helpful advice and hope. I have spent hundreds of hours digging through this forum and taking notes, seeking anything that could help my mom.

I do not want to dissuade anyone from listening to their doctor, but, if you have cancer, do your own research towards the metabolic/bioenergetic approach. My mother's doctor at very well known American University only spent 10-15 minutes with her. She would not even talk with me about research and chemicals that I presented to her. Frankly, a very arrogant and rude woman. All of her doctors rejected any research that I collected, thanks to this community. I simply don't understand these people, they exist in this closed realm and, further, they defend it. They don't even see their own results. Hmmmm...my patients are dying left and right...maybe my approach is wrong? A simple thought like this doesn't even cross their mind, it is like a feedback mechanism is short-circuiting. She would be alive today, if not for the chemotherapy.

I apologize for the late reply, I have really been struggling with this lose, my mother was a matriarch in the family and is deeply missed.

ilhanxx

drinking dmso (good reports somewhere in the world)
artemisia(absinthe)
black seed

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Thank you for the concern.

No, unfortunately she passed away several months ago after a few rounds of chemotherapy. She was doing great and seemingly recovering, as soon as she started taking chemotherapy - game over.

It is a very difficult topic for me to talk about now, as I loved her very much and we tried everything to win. The hardest thing for me to accept is how well she was doing only a couple months before her death. In the morning, I would wake up early, prepare her supplements, then we would drive for an hour or so, just so I could get her outside and brighten her morning. I really miss this. Her mood was incredible and she was doing so well. My whole family was astonished at how well she was doing for such a grim prognosis.

In her last hours, I told her how much I loved her and she was so thankful for all the help and told me how much she loved me. The women in my family prayed with her and they all sang her favorite song together "Hey Jude." Shockingly, she prayed and sang with them. Hours later she set sail for a different realm.

She looked beautiful the day she died, she didn't lose any weight and her skin and hair were very nice. She was talking with my brother and I hours before she passed away, we said "Mom, you look so beautiful, you will be okay...you will okay..just sleep" and we gave her a mirror. She made a few jokes with us then went back to sleep. My brother and I really just thought she needed to sleep more. Then 4-5 hours later, she went into this weird death spiral. She began to call out for her brother and father who passed many years ago, I simply left the room and started to throw up from panic.

I am crying now, for two reasons. I miss my mother, but more importantly I discovered a beautiful community of people willing to help each other find the truth. I have "in the trench" experience with the metabolic approach to health and I firmly believe this is the key to cancer, as I have directly seen the results. I am deeply in debt to the community and a few select members who offered me incredibly helpful advice and hope. I have spent hundreds of hours digging through this forum and taking notes, seeking anything that could help my mom.

I do not want to dissuade anyone from listening to their doctor, but, if you have cancer, do your own research towards the metabolic/bioenergetic approach. My mother's doctor at very well known American University only spent 10-15 minutes with her. She would not even talk with me about research and chemicals that I presented to her. Frankly, a very arrogant and rude woman. All of her doctors rejected any research that I collected, thanks to this community. I simply don't understand these people, they exist in this closed realm and, further, they defend it. They don't even see their own results. Hmmmm...my patients are dying left and right...maybe my approach is wrong? A simple thought like this doesn't even cross their mind, it is like a feedback mechanism is short-circuiting. She would be alive today, if not for the chemotherapy.

I apologize for the late reply, I have really been struggling with this lose, my mother was a matriarch in the family and is deeply missed.

My condolences on your loss. I lost my brother six months ago and I know the pain you're feeling it is very difficult. I thank you for sharing your story it is very moving. God bless.

One piece of advice that a dear friend of mine gave me on dealing with the grief was this, at first it is like you're in a storm at sea, the waves are crashing all over you and you feel that you might never get up from under them and that you might drown. The waves never go away but eventually you can see them from further off and learn to ride them better. That has been my experience the past 6 months.

If you're looking for anything to read that might offer some comfort, two books that helped me were C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed and A grace Disguised by Jerry L. Sittser.

God Bless

homyak

My condolences on your loss. I lost my brother six months ago and I know the pain you're feeling it is very difficult. I thank you for sharing your story it is very moving. God bless.

One piece of advice that a dear friend of mine gave me on dealing with the grief was this, at first it is like you're in a storm at sea, the waves are crashing all over you and you feel that you might never get up from under them and that you might drown. The waves never go away but eventually you can see them from further off and learn to ride them better. That has been my experience the past 6 months.

If you're looking for anything to read that might offer some comfort, two books that helped me were C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed and A grace Disguised by Jerry L. Sittser.

God Bless

Thank you, I will definitely download the C.S. Lewis book, I am a fan of his other works.