Hello, and help with swollen thyroid?

Peatie

Hello! :imnewhere

I've never posted on a forum before, but after reading this one for the past month I feel like I've found a place to belong.
I’ve been so moved by the kind and caring attitude among you.

I would like to give a proper introduction when I have more time.
But for now I was hoping to get some feedback on why my thyroid might be feeling very swollen (on the inside, like a lump in my throat.)

Here's what I've done so far:
Have been following the diet guidelines and continue to read about and change them as I learn.

I realize not everyone here likes the “glandulars”, and
I'm not opposed to trying the Cynomel and Cynoplus, but I'm rather impatient :roll: so got what I could get my hands on as quickly as possible.

One month ago I began American Biologics Bovine Glandular.
I started on one/day, but couldn't feel a thing and over the first week went up to 2/day.
Since that didn't seem to be working (I know.... impatient)
I got some Nutri-meds Porcine capsules, and worked my way over week 3 and 4, up to 4/day. More impatience.
(I tried these first because I used something similar in my younger days and seem to remember doing great on them.)

I was starting to feel good somewhere in the past month, more relaxed, yet more confident, not quite so jumpy, anxious, or paranoid.
My morning rising temps normally run 96.7 to 97. There were some days on the higher doses that it went up to 98.

Other than my consistently low temps, other reasons for thinking I needed thyroid supplementation are:
lifelong, chronic constipation
inability to lose weight no matter what I try
very irregular, sometimes absent periods (like episodes of 6 months to a year with no periods all through my twenties) the rest of the time very sporadic, skipping months (am now officially in menopause)
2 years ago had a blood test ordered by an acupuncturist and TSH was near 5
many more symptoms I can’t think of right now,

but I’m anxious to send this in and see if anyone might have some feedback on the swelling problem.
Too much too soon?
Problem with the type of supplement?
Think I should try the Cynomel/Cynoplus, and start with very low dose?

Another thing I’m not sure about is how the symptoms of high estrogen/low progesterone are so similar to my hypothyroid symptoms, and am wondering
if I should just be trying progesterone alone first.

The swelling is starting to ease up, but it did the same yesterday, then came back today.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you! Thank you!

Please forgive me if I posted in the wrong place.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Peatie, :welcome

I do not remember anyone here ever talking about having to deal with swollen gthyroid. IIRC, Ray Peat said thyroid supplement will shrink swollen thyroid. Now that I think of it, I think my thyroid swelled a bit in the very beginning of supplementing. However its OK now. The 2 products you are using haven't gotten much good feedback. For optimal results I think its good to go with what Ray Peat recommends, or, some of us are using NDT from Thailand.

I am pretty sure that if someone is estrogen dominant that they will be hypothyroid too.

OP
P

Peatie

Charlie said:
I think its good to go with what Ray Peat recommends, or, some of us are using NDT from Thailand.

Thank you very much, Charlie. I will l look into these.
Thanks again!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals