No Researcher Knows So Much About Iodine And Human Evolution As The Italian Dr Sebastiano Venturi

boris

Iodine sounds good to me on paper. It improves my sleep and skin quality, but by every other marker (TSH increasing, hair thinning, nail skin disconnecting and receding) I become more hypothyroid when I take Lugol's doses. Perplexing.

How concentrated was the solution? They sometimes have massive amounts in a single drop. Popular solutions have sometimes 30-60mg of iodine in 1ml. These doses are extremely thyroid supressive. Up to 1mg of iodine per day is safe.

How concentrated was the solution? They sometimes have massive amounts in a single drop. Popular solutions have sometimes 30-60mg of iodine in 1ml. These doses are extremely thyroid supressive. Up to 1mg of iodine per day is safe.
Standard lugol's, 5%, so around ~6mg per drop.

Dave Clark

Well, enough decades have gone by now, that all these people using the amounts Ray says will cause thyroid caner, should be lined up at the cancer clinics. I don't know what to think about the iodine thing, I don't use high amounts, but I don't see enough reports of people using the amounts Ray spoke of that are dangerous having the issues he talks about. This is a confusing subject because you san see the logic on both sides, and you can see evidence of success and failure with high iodine use. I am still on the fence, and erring on the side of caution, albeit I will use high does iodine for acute issues.

OP
nigma

nigma

there are studies showing if you have enough selenium you dont see the supression. liver needs Se to convert t4 to t3

TabulaRasa

Apparently in Japan, people can eat up to 13 mg on avg of iodine per day.

I’m not sure I completely buy the idea that only up to 1 mg of iodine per day is safe.

Also, apparently iodine that doesn’t get used is excreted from the body.

Also, because most people are deficient, it takes a while to fully saturate the body.

It seems however that there are cases where some people will have negative effects from supplementing higher doses. Symporter issues and stuff. Or maybe a genuine thyroid disease/malfunction.

But from what I’ve read, many people are okay/benefit from higher doses of iodine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals