High Dose Iodine, Are We Right

Kocky777

Forum Supporter

That article/mega dose iodine protocol could be interesting to some of you.

I have taken mega dose (50 milligrams - 600 milligrams) lugols for approximately 3 years, but was not able to restore thyroid metabolism (but it certainly has helped against mold exposure and other stuff) I am going to try it again, maybe NDT plus mega dose iodine will make a difference.

If you take mega doses of iodine, selenium, b2 and b3 ist really important.

S.Holmes

What got you into iodine high dose supplementation? It's very far removed from Peat's ideas. (Not a criticism, I use it myself, not at that dose though.)
See my posts above. I know it's a pain to scroll through everything but my comments arent very long. High dose iodine is pretty much my only departure from the Peat health paradigm. I'm experimenting, so time will tell if the high doses are toxic (to me).

S.Holmes

I have taken mega dose (50 milligrams - 600 milligrams) lugols for approximately 3 years, but was not able to restore thyroid metabolism (but it certainly has helped against mold exposure and other stuff) I am going to try it again, maybe NDT plus mega dose iodine will make a difference.

May I also suggest Vit C, at least 3 grams daily, as another of the symporters (along with the B's and selenium you mentioned). Magnesium in high doses is also recommended, although I haven't seen it mentioned as a symporter.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
May I also suggest Vit C, at least 3 grams daily, as another of the symporters (along with the B's and selenium you mentioned). Magnesium in high doses is also recommended, although I haven't seen it mentioned as a symporter.
Thank you, very good idea, but I already do that. I'm also mega dosing Vitamin C (MUCH more than 3 grams) a la Dr Cathcart/doctoryourself.com.

Peater

Any other guys get an insane libido reaction after Lugols? I put 4x drops of 15% on the inside of my forearms and a short while later was really feeling it. It has happened several times so I don't have a perfect causation, but that's why I'm curious.

OP
M

mgrabs

IM wondering if i give it a try while
Being on NP thyroid. My doctor always said that iodine helps to really drop reverse t3, and helps convert it straight into active form. While boosting t4 levels

Ras

Maybe you need copper, too: High Copper — the Missing Nutrient on the High Iodine Program - RevealingFraud.com

youngsinatra

IM wondering if i give it a try while
Being on NP thyroid. My doctor always said that iodine helps to really drop reverse t3, and helps convert it straight into active form. While boosting t4 levels
I have seen elevated reverse T3 in some people's blood work that took iodine, that previously had that under control on NDT/thyroid. (they added iodine on top, not even in mega-doses, but in the range of 400 to 1100mcg.

Ras

Very interesting article. I´ve just begun 8mg of copper as a trial.

@Ras Have you taken copper with good results on body temperature, thyroid, metabolism, overall well-being? THANKS ALOT!!!
I have never supplemented copper consistently enough to notice anything.

Ben.

Any other guys get an insane libido reaction after Lugols? I put 4x drops of 15% on the inside of my forearms and a short while later was really feeling it. It has happened several times so I don't have a perfect causation, but that's why I'm curious.

Yes. Altough it is not necessarily just libido but also how well things down there work. Things are always better within half a day/day after taking some lugols.

I think it is not just the thyroid but also the potent antimicrobial/antifungal action of iodine that improves the systemic function.

OP
M

mgrabs

Yes. Altough it is not necessarily just libido but also how well things down there work. Things are always better within half a day/day after taking some lugols.

I think it is not just the thyroid but also the potent antimicrobial/antifungal action of iodine that improves the systemic function.
How much do you take?

Peater

It's not just me then!

geusterman

Any of you big dosers have stinky armpits (supposed to be bromide coming out in sweat) and found a way to destink?
Thanks, George

Peater

Any of you big dosers have stinky armpits (supposed to be bromide coming out in sweat) and found a way to destink?
Thanks, George

I use a pinch of sodium bicarbonate applied to a dry armpit. Both these factors are important or you will get sore. Taking thiamine can give me the same effect, apparently due to iron, with this it's completely removed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals