High Dose Iodine, Are We Right

S.Holmes

Apart from hopefully noticing the sinus infection healing, have you had any other results good or bad?
So far I'm feeling great and the infection seems to be improving. I'm also taking plenty of B vitamins, magnesium, and selenium to utilize the iodine properly. 600 to 800 mg of magnesium, Energin (Idealabs) plus liposomal B complex, and 200 mcg of selenium daily.

I'm up to around 730 mg (NOT mcg) of Lugols a day divided into 3 doses.

Last edited:

S.Holmes

1000005548.jpg

OP
M

mgrabs

So far I'm feeling great and the infection seems to be improving. I'm also taking plenty of B vitamins, magnesium, and selenium to utilize the iodine properly. 600 to 800 mg of magnesium, Energin (Idealabs) plus liposomal B complex, and 200 mcg of selenium daily.

I'm up to around 730 mg (NOT mcg) of Lugols a day divided into 3 doses.
Wow. Is it a b complex? What would happen if y missed a few days of no b vitamins or even other supporting nutrients? Do you think you would be able to handle the iodine without for a few days?

TheSir

Interesting. So these feelings were detox? Which was anxiety depression irritability and shakiness?

To me that felt like hyperthyroid symtoms even those numbers didnt fully get there.

Detox symptoms can get like that?

(Thats how i got when my tsh rose and i stopped during the therapy)
They could be. To be honest, I have a similar thing going on and I'm not wholly sure what's going on. Whenever I introduce 1mg of kelp iodine I feel better for a few days, then my hands start getting cold and my heart rate starts getting up. Stopping the iodine will normalize the situation in a day. If it was hyperthyroidism, it should take a longer time to resolve.

A few ideas:
- I know for a fact that my selenium is very low
- I know for a fact that fixing thyroid can reveal an underlying cortisol regulation problem
- perhaps the reaction signifies an increased need for calories?

Last edited:

S.Holmes

Wow. Is it a b complex? What would happen if y missed a few days of no b vitamins or even other supporting nutrients? Do you think you would be able to handle the iodine without for a few days?
I haven't missed any days (B vits) so not sure, but back when high doses of iodine were routinely taken without ill effects I don't think supplemental vitamins were very common.

Yes, I take half a dose of a liposomal B complex, and also take Energin to get more of the important/necessary B's discussed here on the forum (Idealabs/Georgi/Haidut).

OP
M

mgrabs

I haven't missed any days (B vits) so not sure, but back when high doses of iodine were routinely taken without ill effects I don't think supplemental vitamins were very common.

Yes, I take half a dose of a liposomal B complex, and also take Energin to get more of the important/necessary B's discussed here on the forum (Idealabs/Georgi/Haidut).
Do you mind sharing which liposomal b you use? I have a designs for health one

DonLore

Yeah, most people seem to misunderstand iodine here completely.

We all should get more iodine, no doubt. There are no "dangers" of normal iodine intake, like 1-10mg daily

OP
M

mgrabs

Yeah, most people seem to misunderstand iodine here completely.

We all should get more iodine, no doubt. There are no "dangers" of normal iodine intake, like 1-10mg daily
!! i wanna again but im scared LOL

S.Holmes

!! i wanna again but im scared LOL
Maybe just increase it gradually. I'm up to 120 drops of 6.3 mg (per drop) of Lugols. Nothing else has been able to touch my long covid sinus infection. (I'm a trained homeopath, but even homeopathic remedies haven't seemed to help much.) The infection is finally rapidly improving. HOWEVER, I also take the necessary "symporters" discussed here:

So far the only lingering negative side effect is a lot of bitter saliva but I've had blocked salivary glands/dry mouth for about 10 years so Im thinking that's a good sign.

Last edited:
OP
M

mgrabs

Maybe just increase it gradually. I'm up to 120 drops of 6.3 mg (per drop) of Lugols. Nothing else has been able to touch my long covid sinus infection. (I'm a trained homeopath, but even homeopathic remedies haven't seemed to help much.) The infection is finally rapidly improving. HOWEVER, I also take the necessary "symporters" discussed here:

So far the only lingering negative side effect is a lot of bitter saliva but I've had blocked salivary glands/dry mouth for about 10 years so Im thinking that's a good sign.
Will do. What made you go so high in the drops? Like
How did you get there to know “ this is good for me”

S.Holmes

Will do. What made you go so high in the drops? Like
How did you get there to know “ this is good for me”
I started years ago with Hulda Clark. And later purchased Dr. Brownstein's and Dr Sircus's iodine books. Then I read how people used iodine (historically) and decided to give higher doses a go. My infection has been preventing sleep for months, even rotating Ivermectin, Praziquantel and Fenbendazole didn't help, and I had tried everything else, so figured I had nothing to lose.

I've been using iodine on and off for years in lower doses. I make my own Lugols and hope I can still buy the chemicals from my compounding pharmacist!

I'm not too far from 1 gram a day (divided) so will keep gradually increasing until long covid symptoms are gone.

TheSir

I'm not too far from 1 gram a day (divided) so will keep gradually increasing until long covid symptoms are gone
Do you think it's a matter of reaching a particular dose or just dosing long enough? At 1g a day it sounds like you would be saturated very quickly. Where do the additional benefits come from, if not from gradual integration of iodine into the bosily tissues?

S.Holmes

Do you think it's a matter of reaching a particular dose or just dosing long enough? At 1g a day it sounds like you would be saturated very quickly. Where do the additional benefits come from, if not from gradual integration of iodine into the bosily tissues?
Maybe both. Some people don't have the symporters and lose most of their iodine in their urine. I take selenium, magnesium, and very high doses of Thiamine to help utilize the iodine but due to aging and other stresses, may still be eliminating a lot of it.

OP
M

mgrabs

I started years ago with Hulda Clark. And later purchased Dr. Brownstein's and Dr Sircus's iodine books. Then I read how people used iodine (historically) and decided to give higher doses a go. My infection has been preventing sleep for months, even rotating Ivermectin, Praziquantel and Fenbendazole didn't help, and I had tried everything else, so figured I had nothing to lose.

I've been using iodine on and off for years in lower doses. I make my own Lugols and hope I can still buy the chemicals from my compounding pharmacist!

I'm not too far from 1 gram a day (divided) so will keep gradually increasing until long covid symptoms are gone.
You’re crushing it! Good for you. Have you done any blood testing while stable on high dose iodine? Any improvements in thyroid health? Or do you have no reason to check.

How is your metabolism? Hair skin nails & body composition? Do you feel metabolically strong?

S.Holmes

You’re crushing it! Good for you. Have you done any blood testing while stable on high dose iodine? Any improvements in thyroid health? Or do you have no reason to check.

How is your metabolism? Hair skin nails & body composition? Do you feel metabolically strong?
I'm a post menopausal female who has been struggling for over a decade. I found Dr. Peat around the time of my menopause which is likely why I'm still among the living. I haven't had bloodwork done in years. I need to drop about 30 lbs but just haven't felt good enough the past few years to "move." I've recently begun exercising again (I havent exercised since I caught covid the first time in Jan 2021.) Not doing anything too dramatic: stretching, walking, tai chi, free weights. So far so good.

I'm always the lab rat in my family because I'm also the canary in the coal mine. Lol. If I survive an experiment it's probably safe for others.

jay123

So I stumbled across this video on iodine. This lady had thyroid cancer at one time. She apparently has done a lot of research. Interestingly, she talks about autoimmune disorders and taking iodine. And from what I have heard from many is TSH tend to skyrocket on initially taking iodine and she says the reason is the dose is too low. She has seen that levels for TSH go down when getting up to 50 mg a day. She explains it in the video. Around 28 minutes in.
View: https://youtu.be/fDM_QLd_Bdw?si=NivGsGTES1VxJ1T5

Last edited:

Peater

I'm a post menopausal female who has been struggling for over a decade. I found Dr. Peat around the time of my menopause which is likely why I'm still among the living. I haven't had bloodwork done in years. I need to drop about 30 lbs but just haven't felt good enough the past few years to "move." I've recently begun exercising again (I havent exercised since I caught covid the first time in Jan 2021.) Not doing anything too dramatic: stretching, walking, tai chi, free weights. So far so good.

I'm always the lab rat in my family because I'm also the canary in the coal mine. Lol. If I survive an experiment it's probably safe for others.

What got you into iodine high dose supplementation? It's very far removed from Peat's ideas. (Not a criticism, I use it myself, not at that dose though.)

Ras

They could be. To be honest, I have a similar thing going on and I'm not wholly sure what's going on. Whenever I introduce 1mg of kelp iodine I feel better for a few days, then my hands start getting cold and my heart rate starts getting up. Stopping the iodine will normalize the situation in a day. If it was hyperthyroidism, it should take a longer time to resolve.

A few ideas:
- I know for a fact that my selenium is very low
- I know for a fact that fixing thyroid can reveal an underlying cortisol regulation problem
- perhaps the reaction signifies an increased need for calories?
Remember that kelp concentrates all halides, not just iodide.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals