High Carb Vegans. What Are They Getting Right/wrong?

tara

ThunderSpank said:
post 114851 I think if we lived like our ancestors ( ate more dirt that was on food ) and we didn't really wash our hands excessively like most do today, b12 wouldn't probably be an issue.
And more insects. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

lvysaur

High carb is good.

Virtually everything else about it seems bad and unnecessarily restrictive.

Inb4 westside

Stilgar

I think a lot of the high carb vegans are running short of b vitamins. I think the same goes for a lot of digestive issues on a high white sugar and milk diet.

With low pufa intakes, their riboflavin needs will be increased, as will B6, and the negative effects on vitamin A/steroid metabolism will reflect in the skin. Thyroid and HCL production will reduce, allowing endotoxin to flourish further amplify the situation.

If high carb vegans could optimize nutrient intakes, without compromising by using PUFA to inhibit metabolism, then I think it could be doable.

Brian

High carb low fat can be disastrous and very unpleasant if a person isn't producing much carb digesting enzymes for whatever reason. But otherwise I think a high carb nearly vegan diet can work very well for a lot of people as long as they keep calories and micronutrients high.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals