Constatine

Update:

Now that I'm out of the "worst three days" of the month, when high cortisol is very undesirable, I'm noticing some not beneficial effects that I think are due to the adamantane. I've had sleep disturbances for the past couple nights, and this morning woke up at 4a and couldn't get back to sleep. Hearkens back to adrenal fatigue days.

My mood also is not so great. It seemed a bit more volatile than usual during the worst three days, when I was taking the higher dose, but volatility is not unexpected during that time so I couldn't necessarily ascribe that to adamantane. Typically, though, I'm feeling better and much more stable by now. But instead I'm feeling kind of depressed and unmotivated. Little despondent and flat. Not anxious or antsy or stressed, just kind of low-level and almost resignedly unhappy.

Historically I've had a checkered history with things that raise dopamine...initial good reaction then not so much. When younger I enjoyed the mood-boosting effects of drugs like LSD and cocaine but often got depressed after coming down. It's been a loooooong time but it seems like what's happening now is similar to that old feeling.

I didn't really notice any mood boosting effects when taking a higher amount of adamantane...the good effects for me seemed to be more physical and related to cortisol suppression. Which in the context of the worst three days was actually pretty huge. But now it's not.

I'm also getting some minor chronic headaches for the past couple days, which is very unusual. I've had one since I woke up earlier. Headaches aren't even on the list of symptoms I'd compile if someone asked me what I want to fix about my health. Except for today, o'course.

I reduced dose after the worst three days because I've had adrenal fatigue for a long time and am suspicious of what it might mean that this substance "clears" through the adrenal glands. In the past I have tested chronically low cortisol (like, flatlined throughout the day), although for the last few years judging by mood and energy that hasn't been a problem. I'm afraid it could be again, though, if I don't treat my adrenals well.

I think this question was asked upthread but I'll ask again: does anyone know what it might mean that this "clears" through the adrenals?

Not much out there on the side effects of adamantane itself, but Drugs.com says to use the derivative amantadine cautiously with anticholinergics (for me, coffee has a very strong anti-cholinergic effect) as it may intensify anti-cholinergic effects. Other anticholinergics like huperzine combined with coffee have treated me poorly in the past. I'm not drinking much coffee but it's the only way I can take gelatin without gagging, plus I love the taste, so I'd rather keep up with my bitty cup of coffee than worry about possible interaction with admantane.

I was interested in adamantane more for the potential cell stabilizing effects and what that might mean for mood stability but this doesn't seem to be panning out as a daily supp for me. I'm afraid to experiment more aggressively with this because we don't really know anything about its effects on the adrenal glands and I can't afford any big destabilizations to recover from at this point in time.

I may circle back around later or even try this as a prn strategy for stress or the "worst three days", but between what I"m experiencing now and what I read about the sides of the derivative adamantine, no daily or any kind of regular use for me at this time. If that changes I'll update again.
Have you read all the forums on memantine (which should have similar effects to diamant)? It is well known that such drugs have initial dissociative and negative effects on the mood (especially when overdosed) and that the positive effect on mood is very long term. It typically takes 2 weeks of a small dose to adjust and get benefits (a small dose being 5 mg or less). So if your getting negative effects just lower your dose and wait.

brix

Some people have mentioned a slimming effect of diamant. Is this mostly fat or does it include muscle mass as well? Thanks.

tap1on

My experience from early use.

1st time I took 6 drops at night before going to bed I felt a warm rush in the body and my mood lifted a bit. This lasted for about 15-20min, it was very similar to coming up on ecstasy/mdma. After that I felt incredible relaxed but very focused. I noticed that my vision got extended a bit or maybe that it was easier to focus on things in my periphery without concentrating. I slept super well that night.

2nd time I took it was the morning after and I felt the same rush and focus. I went to workout and I felt super motivated and focused, this effect was VERY noticeable. I increased on all the exercises I did, it kinda removed a mental block I usually have which makes me not pushing myself enough. However after the workout I felt a bit overwhelmed and had to take a cold shower to calm down. I'm using Pansterone and estroban too, not sure if this makes any difference. On gym days I might lower the dose from 6 to 5 drops.

denise

A week ago I got both Gonadin and Diamant in the mail. My plan was to try G first for a good week or so and then add in the D. After 5 days of no discernible effects at all from the Gonadin, I started in with the Diamant. So on Wednesday I took 8 drops Gonadin and about 12 drops Diamant. Yesterday, I did 8 drops Gonadin and the full 20 drops of Diamant divided into three doses. This morning, I've ditched the Gonadin and took 6 drops Diamant. I've been taking it mostly orally during the day but topically before bed.

Others have mentioned that the flavor is minty/herbal, but it's most definitely pine, not mint. I'm not a great fan of piney stuff, but this isn't bad.

So my impressions so far, keeping in mind that, like a few others, I tend not to respond much to anything:
- I think it's having a bowel motility effect. It's not as dramatic as what mufasa experienced, but it's still apparent.
- Generally (but see below for exceptions) I haven't felt anything immediately after dosing--no great calm, relaxation, focus, etc.
- Yesterday, I read about people feeling that Diamant could potentiate other things, so I decided to take a dose of Energin shortly after my afternoon dose of Diamant, and I got a nice surge of well-being. It's hard to say, though, whether the Diamant made any difference. In the past, when I haven't used Energin for a long time, the first full dose I take feels quite good, but doses after that don't generate any response at all, so in this case it's hard to say whether it's just because I hadn't used Energin in a long time.
- This morning I took my 6 drops orally (with Energin again--with no immediate feeling of well-being this time, so I'll drop that part of the experiment). It was a frustrating morning because one of my cats has been having stomach issues all week, so I was cleaning up puke as well as trying to find something that she would actually eat. I started getting teary with frustration, which surprised me a bit, because I didn't think I was at the point that tears were warranted (if that makes any sense). I drove to work and was feeling more and more emotional and on the verge of tears. I cry quite easily, but when it comes out of nowhere usually there's an obvious hormonal reason--either PMS, or hypothyroid depression, or whatever--and these are distinct states that I can recognize. I think this actually felt more like the deep grief I sometimes feel while tripping hard on shrooms. It's not a personal grief, like when you lose someone, but a sort of compassionate grief for the state of the world. It's hard to explain, and it wasn't exactly the same, but that's the closest I can come to describing it. So my morning was pretty rough for about 3 hours, but then suddenly everything shifted, and I felt much lighter and brighter and somewhat more energetic and motivated.

There's nothing I can compare this to. I've tried cypro before and never felt anything from it (I never tried more than 2 mg or so).

I realize this is a bit muddied and maybe not especially useful, but I wanted to get it down before I forgot it.

grabster

Others have mentioned that the flavor is minty/herbal, but it's most definitely pine, not mint. I'm not a great fan of piney stuff, but this isn't bad.

So my impressions so far, keeping in mind that, like a few others, I tend not to respond much to anything:
- I think it's having a bowel motility effect. It's not as dramatic as what mufasa experienced, but it's still apparent.
- Generally (but see below for exceptions) I haven't felt anything immediately after dosing--no great calm, relaxation, focus, etc.
- Yesterday, I read about people feeling that Diamant could potentiate other things, so I decided to take a dose of Energin shortly after my afternoon dose of Diamant, and I got a nice surge of well-being. It's hard to say, though, whether the Diamant made any difference. In the past, when I haven't used Energin for a long time, the first full dose I take feels quite good, but doses after that don't generate any response at all, so in this case it's hard to say whether it's just because I hadn't used Energin in a long time.
- This morning I took my 6 drops orally (with Energin again--with no immediate feeling of well-being this time, so I'll drop that part of the experiment). It was a frustrating morning because one of my cats has been having stomach issues all week, so I was cleaning up puke as well as trying to find something that she would actually eat. I started getting teary with frustration, which surprised me a bit, because I didn't think I was at the point that tears were warranted (if that makes any sense). I drove to work and was feeling more and more emotional and on the verge of tears. I cry quite easily, but when it comes out of nowhere usually there's an obvious hormonal reason--either PMS, or hypothyroid depression, or whatever--and these are distinct states that I can recognize. I think this actually felt more like the deep grief I sometimes feel while tripping hard on shrooms. It's not a personal grief, like when you lose someone, but a sort of compassionate grief for the state of the world. It's hard to explain, and it wasn't exactly the same, but that's the closest I can come to describing it. So my morning was pretty rough for about 3 hours, but then suddenly everything shifted, and I felt much lighter and brighter and somewhat more energetic and motivated.

There's nothing I can compare this to. I've tried cypro before and never felt anything from it (I never tried more than 2 mg or so).

I realize this is a bit muddied and maybe not especially useful, but I wanted to get it down before I forgot it.

Yep, agree it is more piney than minty. Are you taking oral or topical?

I am thinking it is much more powerful when taken orally with fatty meal, vs. orally alone. One night I ate a creamy soup along with Diamant, and I had the most pleasant falling asleep feeling ever. Not sure about transdermal yet.

I also experienced episodes of feeling emotionally connected to the state of the world.

denise

Yep, agree it is more piney than minty. Are you taking oral or topical?

I am thinking it is much more powerful when taken orally with fatty meal, vs. orally alone. One night I ate a creamy soup along with Diamant, and I had the most pleasant falling asleep feeling ever. Not sure about transdermal yet.

I also experienced episodes of feeling emotionally connected to the state of the world.
Generally, I've been taking it orally after a meal (although this morning I'd had only OJ and coffee when I took it), but for the last two nights I've done my third dose topically.

I've been using doxylamine succinate all week to help with sleep, so I don't actually know if the Diamant has any effect there. Maybe I'll skip the doxy for a few nights now that it's the weekend and see if I notice an effect from the Diamant.

denise

I seem to be experiencing the satiety effects too. It's not that I'm not hungry at all—I'm just not hungry enough to care. I never did eat lunch today (unless you call a can of Coke lunch...), until I felt like my hunger was about to turn into a hypoglycemic crash around 4:30. Seems like this effect could be either good or bad, depending on how you handle it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is an interesting base to start with and add other supplements a few hours later,my rat was taking k2 after diamant and it potentiated the effect,my rats jaw muscles and even around rat ears could be flexed more,could lift rat ears back and in. Tried same experiment next day with B1 after diamant,was very positive for me.
My rat took 200 of theanine with this and it was very relaxing,50-100mg if theanine would be enough in this case imo. Half a dose of diamant is enough in this case.

What you mention about it stabilising the cell and limiting the amount of stress hormones that get in makes sense with my rats experience,it seems to be potentiating additional supplements,if anyone is interested,start your rats supplement with this about 2 hours before then add supplements to it and see if you get more effect.
Toolbox top shelf for now,not something to take everyday,its potent as usual with your supplements,thanks for giving us an opportunity to explore this Haidut.

Great, thanks for the detailed feedback. What routes were used for Diamant? I suspect that the 2 hour lag depends on whether it is done topically or orally. Using Diamant topically could probably reduce that lag down to 15min, and since the oral supplements usually take 10-15 min to reach the blood the protocol could be rubbing Diamant and taking the oral supplement at the same time. I personally found great potentiation of topical Diamant and thyroid. I rubbed 10 drops of Diamant on my skin and took 5mcg T3. Boy, was that too much!! So, as you said, this seems to be the non-DMSO method for potentiating absorption and effects of various substances, which means it would go great with steroids (as I posted), so combining Diamant with the tocopherol versions of Pansterone and/or androsterone may really give a very potent effect at much lower dose. So, androsterone may become functionally as androgenic as T or even DHT.
Great option for people who do not like or cannot use DMSO! Thanks again for pointing this out.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I seem to be experiencing the satiety effects too. It's not that I'm not hungry at all—I'm just not hungry enough to care. I never did eat lunch today (unless you call a can of Coke lunch...), until I felt like my hunger was about to turn into a hypoglycemic crash around 4:30. Seems like this effect could be either good or bad, depending on how you handle it.

The satiety could be simply a sign of improved metabolism or lower stress hormones. Being able to go longer without food is one of the things Ray mentioned as signs of improving metabolism. Thyroid does the same - it makes you more efficient at converting food to energy so you don't have to eat as often. So, indirectly, this can lead to even weight loss through less calorie intake.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
It definitely potentiates vitamin k for me as well. In my experience the topical method is much more.potent than orally.

How much vitamin K were you taking? How was the vitamin K used as opposed to Diamant?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Some people have mentioned a slimming effect of diamant. Is this mostly fat or does it include muscle mass as well? Thanks.

I think it is due to lowering cortisol. If cortisol is low, initially it is water loss but since with low cortisol insulin will also be low it should lead to fat loss and less fat synthesis as well.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My experience from early use.

1st time I took 6 drops at night before going to bed I felt a warm rush in the body and my mood lifted a bit. This lasted for about 15-20min, it was very similar to coming up on ecstasy/mdma. After that I felt incredible relaxed but very focused. I noticed that my vision got extended a bit or maybe that it was easier to focus on things in my periphery without concentrating. I slept super well that night.

2nd time I took it was the morning after and I felt the same rush and focus. I went to workout and I felt super motivated and focused, this effect was VERY noticeable. I increased on all the exercises I did, it kinda removed a mental block I usually have which makes me not pushing myself enough. However after the workout I felt a bit overwhelmed and had to take a cold shower to calm down. I'm using Pansterone and estroban too, not sure if this makes any difference. On gym days I might lower the dose from 6 to 5 drops.

Wow, thanks for the great feedback!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
A week ago I got both Gonadin and Diamant in the mail. My plan was to try G first for a good week or so and then add in the D. After 5 days of no discernible effects at all from the Gonadin, I started in with the Diamant. So on Wednesday I took 8 drops Gonadin and about 12 drops Diamant. Yesterday, I did 8 drops Gonadin and the full 20 drops of Diamant divided into three doses. This morning, I've ditched the Gonadin and took 6 drops Diamant. I've been taking it mostly orally during the day but topically before bed.

Thanks for the feedback! Did you notice difference when Gonadin was used with or without the Diamant?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Oh, forgot to mention. Adamantane is very similar in smell/taste to camphor. Even the Wikipedia page says that. I will edit the original thread to state that so that it does not throw people off.

Dhair

Great, thanks for the detailed feedback. What routes were used for Diamant? I suspect that the 2 hour lag depends on whether it is done topically or orally. Using Diamant topically could probably reduce that lag down to 15min, and since the oral supplements usually take 10-15 min to reach the blood the protocol could be rubbing Diamant and taking the oral supplement at the same time. I personally found great potentiation of topical Diamant and thyroid. I rubbed 10 drops of Diamant on my skin and took 5mcg T3. Boy, was that too much!! So, as you said, this seems to be the non-DMSO method for potentiating absorption and effects of various substances, which means it would go great with steroids (as I posted), so combining Diamant with the tocopherol versions of Pansterone and/or androsterone may really give a very potent effect at much lower dose. So, androsterone may become functionally as androgenic as T or even DHT.
Great option for people who do not like or cannot use DMSO! Thanks again for pointing this out.
This is very interesting.
Would 10 drops on the skin be your recommendation for potentiating the effects of any steroid?
Would it be potentially dangerous to use this combo on the scrotum? I don't see why it would. Just trying to be safe.
I tried half of a full dose of Diamant orally. Didn't noticed much other than a kind of listless feeling. I suspect this is from low cortisol.

denise

Thanks for the feedback! Did you notice difference when Gonadin was used with or without the Diamant?
No, I didn't, but I didn't give the combo a proper trial, either, so I'm not sure how much to read into those two days. My plan now (since I'm certain that Diamant is doing something) is to keep trialling it on its own for at least another week or two, and then reintroduce Gonadin to see if I notice anything additional.

denise

The satiety could be simply a sign of improved metabolism or lower stress hormones. Being able to go longer without food is one of the things Ray mentioned as signs of improving metabolism. Thyroid does the same - it makes you more efficient at converting food to energy so you don't have to eat as often. So, indirectly, this can lead to even weight loss through less calorie intake.
That would be nice! A year ago when I quit smoking, my cortisol levels must have plummeted, but my thyroid was kaput, and I ended up with raging hunger for many weeks, as I continued to feel worse and worse as the days went by (if only I'd had your TyroMix then!)--not to mention packing on a bunch of weight. If Diamant is in fact lowering my cortisol and I'm feeling satiety rather than extreme hunger, I think it must mean that my thyroid is doing better, even though I'm taking very little of it these days. I was actually worried I'd get raging hunger from Diamant instead, so this is a real relief.

denise

I wonder if would be worth adding this to your first post. You mention there that adamantane can be used to formulate drugs with long half-lives, but not that simply taking it together with another drug/supplement can potentiate the latter. It might help someone avoid overwhelming themselves by taking their normal dose of thyroid or something (like you did) with Diamant and then feeling rotten.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals