Peata

Still taking 3 g. day, occasionally up to 4 g. My right wrist is 95% better. I'm really happy.

No side effects either.

DaveFoster

I took 4.5 grams for a few months; I noticed nothing but benefits.

Doses above 3 grams should not be used for extended periods, as they can elevate liver enzymes.

TibRex

No. I'm not taking this much long term. Eventually plan to go down about half the dose.

Looks like the names of some of the Vit B complex members have been confused. The link to the article at examine.com refers to Niacin, not Niacinamide. Vitamin B3 (= Niacin, = Nicotinic acid, the one that causes flushing, itching of skin). It can - at first - cause a rise in BG but it will eventually go back to normal, according to research findings. But, at examine.com, one reads:

"Current evidence suggests prolonged niacin supplementation increases insulin resistance because it hinders the ability of insulin to suppress glucose synthesis in the liver. This causes an increase in blood glucose levels, which leads to lowered insulin sensitivity over time, since the relevant receptor is eventually desensitized to the elevated glucose levels in the blood..."

Niacinamide (aka Nicotinamide, aka Nicotinic acid amide) is a derivative of Niacin (Niacin/Nicotinic acid + amide) and it does not cause flushing or itching. This is the one that RP recommends, primarily for lowering BG. You can refer to Haidut's explanation and clarification of its effect on T1DM & T2DM at:

Niacinamide For Type II Diabetes

Peata

A few months ago, I reduced my niacinamide dose to 500 - 1,500 mg day. Right wrist still hasn't become worse or anything.

Peata

Any effect on BG?
blood glucose? I haven't checked. Years ago, niacinamide would cause headaches and I'd have to eat a lot. But this more recent time of taking it, no problems at all.

TibRex

blood glucose? I haven't checked. Years ago, niacinamide would cause headaches and I'd have to eat a lot. But this more recent time of taking it, no problems at all.

Could you pls check the BG parameter next time round and let us know the BG results as niacinamide specifically addresses the BG issue in the RP context. Your BG data will help us track its effectiveness in lowering BG as taught by RP. This is of course in addition to the unexpected result of reducing your wrist pain... via the inflammatory pathway (?)

GreekDemiGod

Would Niacinamide be advised in someone who does not need further cortisol lowering, and if so in what maximum dosages?

Jing

What Would be the cause of not feeling anything with niacinamide?

Would Niacinamide be advised in someone who does not need further cortisol lowering, and if so in what maximum dosages?

it is advised for almost anyone,total dosage for maintenance is maybe 50mg,for regeneration 500mg to 1000mg per day for months?But that seems to introduce sides,so maybe more in line with RP,100mg/d.

What Would be the cause of not feeling anything with niacinamide?

lack of co-factors,which can be almost anything,or true sufficiency,or extended periods of incremental betterment unobservable for subjective,non assisted perception.

mrchibbs

Bart1

question about niacinamide, I read somewhere b3 can interact with copper negatively, is this true ?

mrchibbs

DaveFoster

Thanks! During an illness with a lot of bed rest, I got really interested in the Crusades, and Guy strikes me as an interesting character to say the least :)
Yeah, he very much is. I minored in Medieval Studies in college, so I love that period. Learning about the horrible things that kings, lords and knights did to one another, such as the sack of Constantinople, puts history into perspective and affirms the idea that humans have not really changed in their behavior over the past five-hundred years. Also, in Guy's case, the sacrifices done for love.

mrchibbs

Absolutely...but don’t get me started on the sack of Constantinople...one of the darkest days in history.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals