Best Probiotic Choices 2023

mgrabs

Hey All,

I tried finding an updated thread on which probiotic would be best. I saw a thread that was started about “Seed Probiotic” which has a million different bacterias added

Someone commented saying it looks like a disaster having all that together in a probiotic.

This leads me to my question about sticking with the “more researched” bacterias in a probiotic.

Attached is a probiotic I was thinking about getting. Is this one a good option?

Also, would love for anyone to weigh in on any other choices of probiotics that are out there.

I would like something that would keep my gut flora in an optimal state

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• C71BFC91-131C-4887-9E09-A3EA78FEE6B6.jpeg
    C71BFC91-131C-4887-9E09-A3EA78FEE6B6.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 5C459F3D-8F2F-4846-94A2-0148A5A8B9DA.jpeg
    5C459F3D-8F2F-4846-94A2-0148A5A8B9DA.jpeg
    274 KB · Views: 49

liam183

The best probiotics are food sources. They aren't found in capsules.

Sauerkraut, skyr/greek yogurt, kefir, fermented vegetables, cultured cheeses, etc

Validus

The best probiotics are food sources. They aren't found in capsules.

Sauerkraut, skyr/greek yogurt, kefir, fermented vegetables, cultured cheeses, etc
Some people have gut issues so bad, with high gut permeability that fermented foods will give them very bad reactions.

There's been points in my life where I can eat heaps of sauerkraut without any issue, kefir, kombucha etc.

There have been times where I've been in gastric distress for varying reasons and eating those foods have caused intense cramping and pain.

This is one I've used in the past that I've had no adverse reactions to:

Amazon product ASIN B0BWCSF4KQView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BWCSF4KQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jmparret

Liam, my brother tells me i have to eat more of this to balance my probiotics. The thing we have to watch, if you purchase these items that there are probiotics in them. A regular can of sauerkraut will not do it. It has to be labeled with live stuff or something like that. Farmers markets are good for these items.
My cabbage is almost ready to harvest so i will be making some. My horse radish is ready now.
I am doing this because of low stomach acid from thyroid problems. It cause SIBO and reading Ray Peats forum I learned how to cure it. So no more dairy intolerance. Somehow I am much more tolerant of everything and almost everyone.
Joe

liam183

@jmparret yes, they have to be cultured and fermented, not pickled with vinegar. Low stomach acid + probiotic supplements is a recipe for disaster. You have to optimize acid and bile flow before introducing probiotics, otherwise you'll experience even more bacteial overgrowth

OP
M

mgrabs

@jmparret yes, they have to be cultured and fermented, not pickled with vinegar. Low stomach acid + probiotic supplements is a recipe for disaster. You have to optimize acid and bile flow before introducing probiotics, otherwise you'll experience even more bacteial overgrowth
How do you optimize it?

S

shucknchuck

A person here I can't seem to find now ("I. Am. Noone."), showed how basically the lacto bacteria are overrepresented because of fermented foods, and the soil based spore bacterias are actually all that are needed - aka unwashed roots and tubers out of a garden will provide any "good bacteria" (which is kind of a misnomer, as Peat has shown for a while now, how basically even good bacteria can release endotoxin).

OP
M

mgrabs

A person here I can't seem to find now ("I. Am. Noone."), showed how basically the lacto bacteria are overrepresented because of fermented foods, and the soil based spore bacterias are actually all that are needed - aka unwashed roots and tubers out of a garden will provide any "good bacteria" (which is kind of a misnomer, as Peat has shown for a while now, how basically even good bacteria can release endotoxin).
Is that more in food or in a supplement/probiotic?

S

shucknchuck

Is that more in food or in a supplement/probiotic?
soil based spore probiotics?

I believe there are brands that sell spore bacterias found in soil.

Otherwise, I'd hope to get it from shaking a smidge of soil from an herb garden into my soup :)

jmparret

lIAN and mgrabs: Yes you are correct, i started with Bentain HCl, potassium citrate and NaCl. I had to test with sodium bicarbonate to test acid. 1/4 teaspoon if you burp you need more acid. It is nice to be done with the SIBO problem and enough acid in my system. Drink some apple cider vinegar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals