Serotonin Production (gut) Depends On Bacteria

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut do you think bacteriophages would help with reducing serotonin in the gut?

They could, but have not seen much work on that beyond some studies in the 1960s.

theLaw

@haidut

I recently measured my activated charcoal, and was surprised to find that a Tbsp (not rounded) was around 7G.

So would that mean that someone would need 7Tbsp to get near the 50G you posted earlier in this thread to completely clean out the intestines?

Thanks!:D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

I recently measured my activated charcoal, and was surprised to find that a Tbsp (not rounded) was around 7G.

So would that mean that someone would need 7Tbsp to get near the 50G you posted earlier in this thread to completely clean out the intestines?

Thanks!:D

Peat told one forum member (I think @Blossom) that 3 tbsp daily should be enough to stop endotoxin completely. That is about half the 50g dose and for most people, unless they are in a hospital with sepsis, it is probably enough.

Owen B

This is one of the best threads I've seen on gut health. L0ts here.

For "everyday" sepsis and endotoxin I get the recommendations here but what exactly qualifies as an "infection" that might need antibiotics? Are those only diagnosed by an infectious disease MD?

And talk about the nonsense of "feeding" your gut with resistant starch and inulin and the like....This kind of thinking has claimed another victim.

https://www.amazon.com/Undoctored-H...ooks&sprefix=undoctored,stripbooks,172&sr=1-2

He's really another fat-burner with his diet but I found the first half of his book pretty astounding. It's a pretty good throw down on the medical establishment. He loves crowd sourcing. He's fairly uncompromising about the way he feels about medicine today. He gets off a lot of good zingers. A good righteous anger. Too bad about his "diet".

Cirion

Peat told one forum member (I think @Blossom) that 3 tbsp daily should be enough to stop endotoxin completely. That is about half the 50g dose and for most people, unless they are in a hospital with sepsis, it is probably enough.

Can you do 3 tbsp. in one dose or should it be spread across 2-3 doses per day?

I think I should get on this train...

I've got gargantuan amounts of endotoxin to crush.

T

TheBeard

How would bentonite clay compare to activated charcoal at removing dead bacteria/binding toxins?

Mr Joe

Nope, if you are healthy (as per official medical standards) your stomach and small intestine should be sterile. Digestion and absorption happens mostly there and bacteria not only don't play a positive role but if you have it in small intestine or stomach then it's pathogenic (i.e. SIBO, ulcers, etc). Bacteria should be only in the colon, and when food reaches the colon ideally it should be digested as close to 100% as possible and expelled as quickly as possible to prevent the bacteria in the colon form digesting whatever leftovers there are from the food and making endotoxin. So from Peat's point of view, healthy means all three portions of the digestive tract should be sterile as opposed to official medical guidelines of having only the first two clean.
The colon bacteria can do some good for things like turning vitamin K1 into vitamin K2 or producing SCFA like butyrate. However, butyrate is actually pro-serotonergic as the study in my original post shows so even though it inhibits cancer it is actually irritating to the stomach as are the SCFA acetate and proprionate. Peat says the same thing in one of his recent interviews. He said butyrate is probably effective for cancer and many people are selling it for that purpose, but it is pro-inflammatory for the gut. Btw, it is fairly common knowledge that giving butyrate to dogs and cats with cancer effectively allows them to live disease free and die from other cause (aging). Just Google around for butyrate and cancer in pets. Why this is not hailed around the world as a breakthrough in cancer therapy is beyound me...

Which years passing do you still think that ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals