Serotonin (due To Bacteria) Is The Master Regulator Of Metabolism, Insulin Sensitivity, And Weig

Hildy

Indeed, so no endotoxin from gram-positive bacteria, but they can trigger other seemingly undesirable processes.

Gram Positive Bacterial Compounds Are Capable Of Potentiating The Effects Of LPS
Gram Positive Bacterial Compounds Are Capable Of Potentiating The Effects Of LPS

Also:
Gram Positive Sepsis
Gram-positive Sepsis

@Hildy
"...I already posted a study showing that probiotics are dangerous and some doctors call for them to be regulated like drugs."
Yikes! Well that's interesting!

Hildy

Ever since I started to use proteolytic enzymes to lyse away arterial and capillary plaque in an attempt to lower my blood pressure, over 6 months my weight has crept up on me from 150 to 165 lbs. It wasn't until I made the connection with endotoxins to serotonin that I realized what was causing me to gain weight. Endotoxins (as well as bacteria) were being released as plaque was being lysed. The rate of release is much more significant than when the endotoxin was being released by a recurring periodontal infection I had (which was latent and undetected over a period of close to twenty years, which is imho the cause of my hypertensive condition). I can say this only because during the time when I had periodontal infection, I didn't have a belly this large and my weight was normal without much effort on my part.

This would also explain why, in this period, I would experience hunger occasionally when I wouldn't all the years prior to using proteolytic enzymes. My sugar regulation mechanism, which was working well prior, has been put out of whack by serotonin.
What type of proteolytic enzymes were you using? Serrapeptase? That sort of thing? Do you think what you wrote might apply to digestive enzymes as well or is that a whole other topic? For that matter has Peat discussed digestive enzymes as being beneficial or not?

yerrag

What type of proteolytic enzymes were you using? Serrapeptase? That sort of thing? Do you think what you wrote might apply to digestive enzymes as well or is that a whole other topic? For that matter has Peat discussed digestive enzymes as being beneficial or not?

I was mostly on Dr. Wong's ZymEssence straight for 2 months and tried some serrapeptidase. These are more potent enzymes as compared to digestive enzymes. And the blend would be different as these are more focused on lysing protein whereas digestive enzymes target fat, carbs, and protein. These are taken away from meals whereas digestive enzymes are taken before meals.

I don't recall Peat discussing much in the way of digestive enzymes. It hasn't been his focus.

Broken man

Indeed, so no endotoxin from gram-positive bacteria, but they can trigger other seemingly undesirable processes.

Also:
Gram Positive Sepsis
Gram-positive Sepsis

@Hildy
"...I already posted a study showing that probiotics are dangerous and some doctors call for them to be regulated like drugs."
Bifidobacterium longum supplementation improved high-fat-fed-induced metabolic syndrome and promoted intestinal Reg I gene expression. - PubMed - NCBI check this.

greengr

Bart1

So the good news is we can focus on blocking serotonin synthesis and have the same benefits as sterilizing the gut (which is a lot harder and probably more dangerous).

I heard Peat say in a recent interview something like that in a stressed state the gut bacteria become hostile, which otherwise they are not. Seems logical since not everyone is sick and everyone has gut bacteria.

So if we block serotonin, we reduce stress, metabolism will increase, the bacteria become our friends again and we can live happily ever after.

so I’m gonna focus more on this I guess and stop the endless fight with bacteria.

golder

So the good news is we can focus on blocking serotonin synthesis and have the same benefits as sterilizing the gut (which is a lot harder and probably more dangerous).

I heard Peat say in a recent interview something like that in a stressed state the gut bacteria become hostile, which otherwise they are not. Seems logical since not everyone is sick and everyone has gut bacteria.

So if we block serotonin, we reduce stress, metabolism will increase, the bacteria become our friends again and we can live happily ever after.

so I’m gonna focus more on this I guess and stop the endless fight with bacteria.
What do you think some of the best ways of blocking it are? A few milligrams of cyproheptadine?

Bart1

What do you think some of the best ways of blocking it are? A few milligrams of cyproheptadine?
Some serotonin antagonists are indeed drugs like Cyproheptadine, Famotidine (There are more) . You can also use amino acids like , Lysine, Theanine and BCAA’s to deplete serotonin.

golder

Some serotonin antagonists are indeed drugs like Cyproheptadine, Famotidine (There are more) . You can also use amino acids like , Lysine, Theanine and BCAA’s to deplete serotonin.
Interesting, lysine and theanine taken with a meal work to lower serotonin?

Bart1

Interesting, lysine and theanine taken with a meal work to lower serotonin?
My experience is that they work strongest away from meals. I literally can feel an direct effect from a gram of lysine. However you can take them also with meals to shift the amino acid profile to a more favorable ratio. That’s why people take gelatin with meat for instance

golder

My experience is that they work strongest away from meals. I literally can feel an direct effect from a gram of lysine. However you can take them also with meals to shift the amino acid profile to a more favorable ratio. That’s why people take gelatin with meat for instance
Very interesting, thanks. In your educated opinion, do you think Lysine (and/or?) Theanine would work best on an empty stomach, but gelatin works better with a meal to decrease the tryptophan ratio?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals