Beef Tallow much more effective that coconut oil for weight loss??

akgrrrl

So, you can make a dozen versions of this fried or baked.
Masa cooked in a pan with bone broth or BetterThanBeef bouillon to hard bloppy bubbling then layer in a pan for layering meat,onion spices, a bean layer maybe, cheese or sour cream layer then a can of red or green enchi sauce for full meal tamale pie.
Masa, used as flour replacement in most basic cookie dough recipe, then cheese instead of choc chips, dried onion and garlic, chili powder or herbs sitting in a cup of buttermilk or milk soured with a T of vinegar or lemon juice 15 mins, or yogurt thinned down with water sour cream thinned down with water any of those with coupla beaten eggs--make balls and flatten with a glass or roll out and cut with knife or cookie cutter or just a plastic bottlecap. If you dont put salt in them, sprinkle some on top and bake 350 for ten mjns or so depends how big you make them

akgrrrl

Maybe its obvious, but I did say follow a basic cookie diugh recipe but sub beef tallow for CO or butter or oil

:M :B.

Tallow fries made me feel sick to my stomach. Hydrogenated coconut oil fries make me feel awesome.

Perhaps something is wrong with this tallow brand:
Amazon product ASIN B077SSLJ65View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077SSLJ65/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The tallow was pretty soft and the Hydrogenated coconut oil was much more hard. I wonder if steric acid makes tallow more soft? The smell of this tallow was kind of off putting when cooking with it.

Not sure what the deal is. I wanted to get into tallow. Anyone have any good bulk tallow sources?

aniciete

Tallow fries made me feel sick to my stomach. Hydrogenated coconut oil fries make me feel awesome.

Perhaps something is wrong with this tallow brand:
Amazon product ASIN B077SSLJ65View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077SSLJ65/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The tallow was pretty soft and the Hydrogenated coconut oil was much more hard. I wonder if steric acid makes tallow more soft? The smell of this tallow was kind of off putting when cooking with it.

Not sure what the deal is. I wanted to get into tallow. Anyone have any good bulk tallow sources?
You can make it yourself with beef suet or find someone on etsy that hands makes bulk tallow per order. I found someone that sells 9 pound buckets of grass fed tallow that had basically 0 smell compared to commercial brands.

You can make it yourself with beef suet or find someone on etsy that hands makes bulk tallow per order. I found someone that sells 9 pound buckets of grass fed tallow that had basically 0 smell compared to commercial brands.
Thanks for the idea. I just looked and what I bought was not true tallow. Fraudulent tallow.
Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 4.18.03 PM.png

Logan-

how many mg of cascara would you recommend? have some 450mg capsules laying around
The dose is individual, and also depends on what it’s used for. For general health purposes, people try to take the smallest amount that gets their intestines gently moving without causing pain or diarrhea. You can experiment with different doses based on this principle.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

I make these but a little bit thinner. I like lightly frying each side for a couple of minutes then sticking it in the oven until it turns a golden color. I use organic white masa harina.
Thank you!

sunny

Why is rendered beef fat bad. I'm using a refined beef fat I found in the supermarket here in Germany. Seems fine.
Suet is from around the kidney, and Tallow is the rendered product from the suet. Some vendors render any fat from the animal. Apparently the kidney Tallow should be almost odorless. The Tallow rendered from other parts of animal would have a more beefy smell. It may depend on how you are using it for which you want.

If you are making a body lotion, suet Tallow would be better.
If

sunny

This is from Reddit:

If you bought suet, not rendered to Tallow, how to consume it:

"Difference in consistency is probably bc suet is surrounding an organ and isn't marbled into a working muscle. Undercooked intramuscular fat is chewy and sinewy but never that with suet. You can eat suet with the membrane. I don't recommend attempting to cook it at all cuz you'll never get a sear before it melts. You can try blasting chunks with a blowtorch but it's still a similar puddled mess of liquid tallow. Just chop it small and add salt. Take bites of it with bites of steak and the intense richness of it tends to fade into the mouthfeel of a piece of fatty ribeye. Many also chop it finely and mix into mince with egg yolk for a quick snack. If you add an acid to this like Worcestershire sauce, you can make a sortof creamy tartare."

Phaedrus

French fries cooked in Tallow ala Outback Steakhouse = da best! :drool

Home cooked always better but when on the run, cant go wrong with Outback fries and steak. I think I will embark on a 100% tallow for cooking journey and see how she goes. :salute
Buffalo Wild Wings also fries their wings and French fries in tallow. Another decent option you can sometimes find in airports or other places on the go.

Why is rendered beef fat bad. I'm using a refined beef fat I found in the supermarket here in Germany. Seems fine.
I don't know. Maybe in Germany the quality is a lot better. The stuff I tried had a gross smell they probably rendered fat from piles of miscellaneous cow parts carelessly.
I briefly looked up where PUFA gets stored in cow and I think it's more in the muscle fats and connective tissue fats. I think Suet has a better fatty acid composition.

The crappy product I got is stored in number 1 plastic which is bad perhaps very bad. I think 2,4,5 are the safer plastics. who knows what other stuff they are lying about.

Something about it made me want to barf and I got super nauseous for hours. If yours is good then I'm jealous, enjoy!.

Tallow has much more stearic acid than coconut oil. Stearic acid has some interesting energetic properties.
For example:

Blossom

Forum Supporter

I make these but a little bit thinner. I like lightly frying each side for a couple of minutes then sticking it in the oven until it turns a golden color. I use organic white masa harina.
I’m making these tonight!

OP
ddjd

ddjd

funily enough, this thread links into my thread from 2018 about cacao butter being very beneficial (i forgot i wrote it haha):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals