Coconut Oil: In A Unique And Exclusive Category?

milk_lover

Diet is barely a footnote in what is considered Traditional Chinese Medicine ;)

NOTE: anyone can access this knowledge, if you're willing to spend at least US$500 to get all the materials from -- http://www.qigongmedicine.com/medical-qigong-books/ . Dr Jerry Alan Johnson is by far the best source of this material out there. Nobody else even comes close, not even the Chinese sources, some of which I've read.

Sidenote: What we call today "Traditional Chinese Medicine" is what has come filtered by the Chinese Government. Originally, there were many conflicting schools of Medicine in China, each with their own practices, go-to herbs, and recommendations, which definitely diverged from famous early works (IMO, this divergence was a result of treatment people under different environmental conditions -- China is a vast country with vastly different environments).

You cannot gain access to the Chinese sources, due to existing political conditions, and due to the fact that the cultural system of passing on such techniques were "only from Master to Worthy Disciple" within closed circles, with little documentation escaping those circles. Dr Johnson went through the journey of acquiring this knowledge the traditional way, and his work is by far the most comprehensive summary of authentic TCM.​

Dietrich Klinghardt will talk about coherence testing and body representations:

All of this is derived from Traditional Chinese practices, of which learning how to both sense and manipulate body energetic flows is a foundational skill. ie: if you can't memorise all the energetic meridians in the body, forget about the rest ....

Sidenote: if people are wondering how I "test myself", it is using this body of knowledge. Once you learn how to pick up on various energetic channels, you can reliably diagnose the energetic state of various systems in the body on a second to second basis, and thus figure out what interventions will enhance or take away from that coherence.

Note that it was easier for me to accept this sort of therapy because, (a) I am Chinese ;) , and (b) I had the good fortune of meeting my mentor, who demonstrated the techniques, diagnosed my condition, treated it successfully, and then taught me the techniques. That was about 1.5 years ago, and I am good enough to be useful toward myself (in diagnosing and treating any issues that I come up with), but still need to work my way through the full set of materials -- a process that will take many more years.​

I did say that many of the Dietary interventions are useless today. The same goes for many of the "energetic manipulation" techniques. Today's humans are either not capable of generating the energies required, or not capable of accepting the appropriately placed energies.

What is still relevant today is the ability to sense and diagnose medical conditions, and then intervene with the correct substance, at the right dose, at the right time. Also, in many cases, these "Energetic Manipulations" turn out to be simple emission of light / EMF, and is replaceable by supplementing with specific substances which hold those quantised energies.

eg: taking lithium seems to be the equivalent of shining a 472nm light into a cell. This is where Western Medical Science is required, both in the meticulous cataloging and qualification of what each substance does. For example, "what type of lithium compound do I need to do get the cells of a particular system back up and running?". The same goes for compounds like Magnesium Malate vs Citrate vs Orotate -- all 3 have different system targets and pharmokinetics, and need to be used in varying doses for varying contexts. Understanding these from a Western Scientific perspective is also a pre-requisite for accurate treatment.

The same applies to diet -- without understanding the metabolism of various substrate in the way that Western Science has understood it, you have little chance at reasoning about what is an appropriate food at a particular time.

As an aside: anyone want to guess the biggest influence on health? ;) Planetary body alignments wrt Earth. Now that's a whole other can of worms, and a whole different set of study which I'm involved with.​

Good stuff, tyw. I enjoyed reading all of this. I would like to know more about Chinese medicine, so hopefully in your process of learning it, you can educate your brothers here :)

With all due respect, nobody is going to spend 500 dollars to learn about the things you are talking about. This forum is based upon a man who publishes article upon article on his website for free, for anybody to view. You might say, fair enough, if you don't spend the money you won't find out, or that the information is worth that much. What about people that don't have $500 in disposable income? $500 could buy a lot of milk.

Indeed lol

tyw

With all due respect, nobody is going to spend 500 dollars to learn about the things you are talking about. This forum is based upon a man who publishes article upon article on his website for free, for anybody to view. You might say, fair enough, if you don't spend the money you won't find out, or that the information is worth that much. What about people that don't have $500 in disposable income? $500 could buy a lot of milk.
It's not like he's taking anything away from anyone by pointing to a resource

Yup, I do not make any recommendations ;) . I was asked a question by @Amazoniac, and I gave a reply. Just take what I write as interesting information.

I have written plenty of other stuff directly pertaining to Peat's ideas in my other posts.

raypeatclips

@tyw Of course, you write very interesting information and one of the best posters on the site. I've seen you mention 'testing' and things like that before, and have always been interested in it and what you meant by it, however I don't want to pay $500 to find out. Is the video you posted in the same post enough to learn about it?

squanch

Since we're all kind of going off topic here anyways:
@tyw what do you think about acupuncture as a tool of chinese medicine. I've had a few treatments from a tcm practitioner in the past and while they didn't really help my issues at the time, I had some really strong and completely unexpected reactions to it.

tyw

@tyw Of course, you write very interesting information and one of the best posters on the site. I've seen you mention 'testing' and things like that before, and have always been interested in it and what you meant by it, however I don't want to pay $500 to find out. Is the video you posted in the same post enough to learn about it?

Unfortunately, it is a big topic :bag:, which is thousands of years in the making. The video by Klinghardt shows his methodology of detecting light emissions from the body. The mechanism of polarised light emission of energetic collagen meridians is probably accurate, and the video by Klinghardt accurately demonstrates his methodology for testing a healthy vs unhealthy tissue.

The closest thing to what I do is this -- Premier Research Labs . My mentor interned with Dr Marshall for a couple of years, learnt these muscle testing techniques, found them inadequate, and then came up with his own stuff :bigtears:. I then spent some time with him to learn this stuff.

So yes, some of the mechanics are discussed, and some of the observations of human light emission and body representations are discussed as well. Learning how to do these is unfortunately something which will cost time and money.

Like I said, this is like Osteopathy -- you can learn anatomy and figure out how everything works, but that doesn't mean you know how to actually manipulate the human body. (Sidenote: I know comparatively nothing about Osteopathy, I just have Dr Josh Lamaro as a good friend to constantly talk about movement with ;) )

Since we're all kind of going off topic here anyways:
@tyw what do you think about acupuncture as a tool of chinese medicine. I've had a few treatments from a tcm practitioner in the past and while they didn't really help my issues at the time, I had some really strong and completely unexpected reactions to it.

Acupuncture has an effect. But I have an acupuncturist friend (Japanese acupuncture, small needles ;) ) who will freely admit that it's probably only going to help you for a few hours, and then the effect wanes. The quip was something to the effect of, "You pay $100 to get a message, so $100 for acupuncture to feel good for 6 hours is better!"

Rarely do I see this have any effect on chronic conditions.

As an aside, there is ample evidence that so called acupuncture meridians are actually conductive sites, and that needling them increases conductivity.

Some articles by the late Mae-Wan Ho:
- The Acupuncture System and The Liquid Crystalline Collagen Fibres of the Connective Tissues
- Acupuncture, Coherent Energy and Liquid Crystalline Meridians

Also, Robert Becker's 'The Body Electric' goes into some slight detail.

Also, Roel Van Wijk's 'Light in Shaping Life' has a chapter dedicated to the detection of weak light emissions from the human body, and the ability of modern photon counters to distinguish these energetic differences (which are congruent with the descriptions in TCM texts).

Last edited:

tyw

Somewhat related to the topic of Coconut oil, Chris Masterjohn's last podcast is good, and talks about some factors that governs adipose storage -- http://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2016/...-lean-people-get-fat-in-all-the-wrong-places/

Note that he mentions saturated fat intake required higher levels of choline intake to prevent accumulation in ectopic stores.

----

The MCTs in coconut oil are likely beneficial, and are probably responsible for most of the positive benefits.

Whether or not someone responds well to these likely depends on liver status, and we've seen everything from people getting shivers and diarrhoea after one tablespoon of MCT oil, to other people being able to handle a lot of the stuff without any issues.

You'd need to have a lot more coconut oil to get this effect, but obviously the MCTs are doing something major.

L

lollipop

Yup, I do not make any recommendations ;) . I was asked a question by @Amazoniac, and I gave a reply. Just take what I write as interesting information.

I have written plenty of other stuff directly pertaining to Peat's ideas in my other posts.

I actually find the resources you share truly interesting and helpful. Another piece to add in to a more comprehensive gathering of support for healthy humanness. Also I noticed it is not required to spend the $500 all up front. I will get the first volume which seems to be great overview and go from there.

Again thanks for making the effort and taking the time @tyw. Some of us on the forum appreciate your perspective!

tyw

Preface: this post involves TheWOOO! :blackalien:. Treat as merely interesting information.

Could you suggest some good Human Design literature?

Well, as a beginner's overview, probably the canonical reference book is the best --
Human Design: The Definitive Book of Human Design, The Science of Differentiation

That is enough to be practically useful for those willing to accept the system on faith. For those who require proof, a full delving into the system is required .... and that costs a significant amount of money.

I actually find the resources you share truly interesting and helpful. Another piece to add in to a more comprehensive gathering of support for healthy humanness. Also I noticed it is not required to spend the $500 all up front. I will get the first volume which seems to be great overview and go from there.

Again thanks for making the effort and taking the time @tyw. Some of us on the forum appreciate your perspective!

Keep in mind that those are 7-centered techniques ;), hence the qualifications I made regarding "only useful for perceptual awareness" above.

Volume 1 is what one would find in most "comprehensive" TCM texts, and involves a full treatment of the way the Chinese viewed the body, the energetic meridians, the flow of energy, etc ....

The other volumes are serious esoteric stuff about how to manipulate that energy. Again, many would balk and call this "woo woo nonsense". Personally, I just want to win, and be healthy at all costs, and will use whatever tools that actually work. To that end, I have spent relatively little (financially speaking) for the amount of priceless knowledge I've been given access to :angelic:.

Last edited by a moderator:

paymanz

We can make the saturated fat from carbs, but how good we are at making MCTs?
We shouldn't be too bad as breast milk has good amount of it.

Probably some people are better, and some other nutrients like biotin are involve in the process.

Last edited:

ATP

Well, as a beginner's overview, probably the canonical reference book is the best -- https://www.amazon.com/dp/0615552145/?tag=rapefo-20
Is human design, Chinese medicine?
If diet isn't central to Chinese medicine then what is, Herbs?

Sorry if those questions seem stupid but I don't really know much about Chinese medicine. I am just always open to any modality of healing as I have yet to find a solution to my own health problems.

DaveFoster

Where he said that ?! An interview? Please let me know if you remember.
It was in a personal e-mail a while back that was quoted by a forum member.

Now he probably eats more carbs, probably 25/25/50 PRT, FAT, CHO.

tyw

We can make the saturated fat from carbs, but how good we are at making MCTs?
We shouldn't be too bad as breast milk has good amount of it.

Probably some people are better, and some other nutrients like biotin are involve in the process.

Human De novo synthesis of MCTs (C6-C12) are likely only prevalent in the Mammary Glands, and likely specifically meant as an energetic substrate for infants -- De novo synthesis of milk triglycerides in humans

This seems to be the only context in which MCTs are useful, and in general, we won't see any MCTs being synthesised otherwise.

- Mitochondrial Fatty Acid Synthesis Type II: More than Just Fatty Acids
- De novo lipogenesis in the differentiating human adipocyte can provide all fatty acids necessary for maturation

Since MCTs do not form any of the structural components in the human body (as is the case with animals), it makes sense that we don't make them outside the context of breast feeding.

tyw

I like this one:

I will @raypeatclips!

Can't wait @tyw for the esoteric woo woo.
\(^o^)/
I thought purchasing in order made sense...fairly comprehensive set of knowledge base from what I read on the site. Looks like good stuff.

:handok:

Is human design, Chinese medicine?
If diet isn't central to Chinese medicine then what is, Herbs?

Sorry if those questions seem stupid but I don't really know much about Chinese medicine. I am just always open to any modality of healing as I have yet to find a solution to my own health problems.

HD is Esoteric knowledge ;)

The only relation to the Chinese traditions is the basis in the I-Ching, with HD sharing much of the same old interpretations of the hexagrams of the wheel (with the exception of gate 54 line 4 and all the 5th lines), and has made hexagrams relevant again for modern humans.

Independent of that, HD charts, when drawn with the correct geometry, are body representations (see the Klinghardt video for exactly what these are, and the possible implications).

mirc12354

Preface: this post involves TheWOOO! :blackalien:. Treat as merely interesting information.

Well, as a beginner's overview, probably the canonical reference book is the best -- https://www.amazon.com/dp/0615552145/?tag=rapefo-20

That is enough to be practically useful for those willing to accept the system on faith. For those who require proof, a full delving into the system is required .... and that costs a significant amount of money.
The system seems extremely cultish. Do you consider an investment into knowing the system worthy? How did it improve your life?