Exercise causing inflammation

Theladyk

Hi everyone! Wondering if some of you may be able to shed some light on a pattern I seem to go through. I’ve struggled with weight my whole life, but particularly after having kids. The only time I was really thin was when I was running 3-5kms a day. After discovering peat a while ago I’ve mostly tried gentle exercise like walking, yoga or kettle bells. My problem is that it seems every time I get into a good rhythm of exercising several times a week, I seem to have a crash within 2-3 weeks. I’ll get severe neck and back pain, headache and nausea. I get laid out for a few days and then feel like it takes me so long to rebuild the energy to start all over again. It almost feels like any time my body begins to detox or drop weight it collapses. That may not be it, but that’s my intuitive take on this. I’m not exercising to the extreme (just 5/10 minutes of kettle bells or a couple km walk), not calorie restricting or going long times between meals, and I’m probably the least stressed out I’ve been ever. If anyone has any thoughts on what might be going on, or how to better support my body through this I’d be grateful! I just feel like I can’t get anywhere in rebuilding my muscle strength, energy or weight loss with this pattern going on!

Pablo Cruise

I just have some questions. The pain or inflammation you are experiencing indicates you are stressing your body with whatever you are doing. Do you stretch? Do you get plenty of rest? Plenty of protein? Your muscle type does not like your exercise regimen. If me I would go very slow for the first 3 weeks, do warm ups, cardio and very light weights. Neck pain? HA? Nausea? Those would seem to me to indicate you are doing too much for YOUR body...Go slower and if necessary get a trainer would be the most obvious thing to do.

P

Peatness

BibleBeliever

What is your salt intake like?

All exercise increases need for salt. Sea salt or better yet pickling salt.
Table salt is no good, because of the added iodine.

If exercising without sufficient extra calories than the body increases stress hormones that induce inflammation.
Thus increase food intake in correlation to exercise.

PUFAs are the most inflammatory of all "foods". One meal can induce inflammation if unnatural sources are consumed.

The most potent anti-inflammatory mechanisms are orange juice concentrate, milk, salt and dark roast coffe to act as thyroid.

Do you consume butter? Coconut oil? What is your diet consisting of?

Stair training is the most regenerative exercise for most, because of the upwards motion.
Ever done stair training?

LadyRae

Hi everyone! Wondering if some of you may be able to shed some light on a pattern I seem to go through. I’ve struggled with weight my whole life, but particularly after having kids. The only time I was really thin was when I was running 3-5kms a day. After discovering peat a while ago I’ve mostly tried gentle exercise like walking, yoga or kettle bells. My problem is that it seems every time I get into a good rhythm of exercising several times a week, I seem to have a crash within 2-3 weeks. I’ll get severe neck and back pain, headache and nausea. I get laid out for a few days and then feel like it takes me so long to rebuild the energy to start all over again. It almost feels like any time my body begins to detox or drop weight it collapses. That may not be it, but that’s my intuitive take on this. I’m not exercising to the extreme (just 5/10 minutes of kettle bells or a couple km walk), not calorie restricting or going long times between meals, and I’m probably the least stressed out I’ve been ever. If anyone has any thoughts on what might be going on, or how to better support my body through this I’d be grateful! I just feel like I can’t get anywhere in rebuilding my muscle strength, energy or weight loss with this pattern going on!
Hey girl! I've been right in your spot. I'm 45 and I've got four kids. After spending a fair amount of time exercising too much and restricting my caloric intake and also carbohydrates, it's taken me several years to heal. There was a good year in there where I literally could not tolerate any exercise at all. Just a few small and slow walks a day with my dog on flat terrain.

My advice is to stop looking for weight loss through exercise. At the very most just go for several short and leisurely walks each day. If you're tired, don't go, take a nap instead. Spend time with your feet elevated and focus on nutrient dense food that you actually enjoy.

Bodies that are stressed, especially women's bodies, hold on to fat. And this doesn't mean that psychological or physical stress has to be from a negative source. Simply a lot of psychological stimulation throughout the day can be stressful!

I hope this helps and gets you started. Keep reading on the forum and searching for various topics that interest you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals