Coconut Oil: In A Unique And Exclusive Category?

J

j.

I'm going to test pregnenolone, at some point, just to see what happens. Have you ever considered trying that as well?

OP
N

narouz

j. said:
I'm going to test pregnenolone, at some point, just to see what happens. Have you ever considered trying that as well?

Yes. Take it regularly.

J

j.

narouz said:
Yes. Take it regularly.

If waiting three months doesn't work, it seems that one of the only things left to try would be that diet of low-fat milk, orange juice, eggs, carrots, and nothing else.

OP
N

narouz

j. said:
narouz said:
Yes. Take it regularly.

If waiting three months doesn't work, it seems that one of the only things left to try would be that diet of low-fat milk, orange juice, eggs, carrots, and nothing else.

Oh, I don't know...
In terms of options that must be tried before deciding a Peat diet doesn't work,
I think there are others.

One simply involves time.
At my age, 59,
and after doing for about 12 years
almost exactly the perfect diet, according to Peat, for anti-metabolic, anti-thyroid results
(the low carbs, pro-goiter raw veggies, beans, grains;
the high volume of lactic acid foods like kefir, fermented veggies;
the high volume of PUFA foods like nuts and commercial chicken skin, salmon, fish oils;
other supps in high volume like chlorella)
and exactly the perfect anti-metabolic exercise routines
(distance running, intensity training to breathless exhaustion, etc)...

...after all that bad stuff for all those years,
one year is not very long to wait to pronounce a Peat diet ineffective.

Also I have high iron...getting that down is an option.

And bear in mind that, despite my whinings, I'm really not doing so badly.
I say I'm "fat," but most probably wouldn't say so.
It seems fat to me, but I'm about 20 pounds or so pounds overweight.
I have no major health concerns that I know of.
I am able to work.
I enjoy life pretty much.

Just sluggish, need a lot of sleep and rest, low libido.
Have seen some improvements in mood, anxiety, memory, sexual function, sleep.

It's not the end of the world. :)

Swandattur

I lose track of where I've posted and don't get an email when there is a new comment. I guess I didn't realize I needed to request it. Anyway, I just wanted to add that to give the no starch thing a real trial, you have to go totally off it. The reason I say this is that I have noticed that when I have decided to splurge and eat a little bit of starch my blood sugars for fruit and sugar are much higher for a few days. After two or three days back off starch it goes back down. So, I think even a little starch even every few days could keep you from losing weight.

OP
N

narouz

Swandattur said:
I lose track of where I've posted and don't get an email when there is a new comment. I guess I didn't realize I needed to request it. Anyway, I just wanted to add that to give the no starch thing a real trial, you have to go totally off it. The reason I say this is that I have noticed that when I have decided to splurge and eat a little bit of starch my blood sugars for fruit and sugar are much higher for a few days. After two or three days back off starch it goes back down. So, I think even a little starch even every few days could keep you from losing weight.

That's interesting, Swandattur.
Do you eat the daily carrot?

Swandattur

Yep. I've been eating the carrot salad. I think it really helps with mood and energy. I just thought the thing about starches might be true for some other people, too. I never had been able to lose weight, only gain it, until I did the low carb diet. Now, I think it was being off starches that enabled me to lose the weight. I find that eating enough fruit (and sugar) with meat sure does help on the energy and appetite issue. I seem to be allergic to dairy and gelatin which is really aggravating. I also found that one egg at breakfast is way better than two. Guess it 's hard to compensate for the extreme insulinogenic factor of eggs. It's nice to get away from the almost constant hunger thing. I could be hungry right after eating a seemingly good meal. It used to be whenever I went somewhere, I'd already be beginning to feel hungry even though I had eaten, and it was hard to enjoy myself.

Memma

Can anyone point me to the the best source of good quality coconut oil? Is it safe to assume no quality differences? :roll: Who supplies the Raymond Peat criteria of "76 degree melt" and "96% saturated fat" content?

DaveFoster

Trying to find Ray's recommendations for fat intake is unbelievable. Does anyone know his macronutrient split? He says 25/25/50 P/F/C, but he also says that 25/25/50 P/C/F likely stands as a more natural split for the human. I'm thinking around 1 g/lb for fat, but I can't really tell.

tara

Trying to find Ray's recommendations for fat intake is unbelievable. Does anyone know his macronutrient split? He says 25/25/50 P/F/C, but he also says that 25/25/50 P/C/F likely stands as a more natural split for the human. I'm thinking around 1 g/lb for fat, but I can't really tell.

Do you mean what his own current macro split is?

I don't think he gives a blanket recommendation. He's made various comments relating to various contexts, and he's said that the ideal is not known, and may differ from person to person. At times he's mentioned lower fat for particular purposes, at other times more even splits or that 25/25/50 P/F/C you mention. Depends on what for and how your system handles things.

I imagine it might depend on eg: Do you need the calories from fat? Do you need it to make the food enjoyable and digestible enough? What are the alternatives, and how do they suit you? Can you get your fat-soluble vitamins in adequately? Are you encountering trouble stemming from the Randle seesaw or FFAs? Cancer or diabetic issues?

DaveFoster

I imagine it might depend on eg: Do you need the calories from fat? Do you need it to make the food enjoyable and digestible enough? What are the alternatives, and how do they suit you? Can you get your fat-soluble vitamins in adequately? Are you encountering trouble stemming from the Randle seesaw or FFAs? Cancer or diabetic issues?
I'm trying to get PUFA as 0.25% of calories, and saturated fat helps increase the ratio, but then there's the issue with decreased CO2 production and gallbladder strain.

Amazoniac

Hey @tyw,
Since you are into chinese medicine, I wonder why they refer to coconut fat as a cooling substance, whereas Ray frequently mentions how effective it is at producing heat. Is it because they are considering that loss of energy in the form of heat, or is it something else?

Last edited:

tyw

Hey @tyw,
Since you are into chinese medicine, I wonder why they refer to coconut fat as a cooling substance, whereas Ray frequently mentions how effective it is at producing heat. Is it because they are considering that loss of energy in the form of heat, or is it something else?

Coconut meat and oil is considered a "Yang" food, used to cure "Yin Deficiency". It is considered "heat generating".

Still:

(a) most TCM sources out there on the internet are wrong
(b) TCM dietary prescriptions were designed for a different time, for a different set of humans, and based on the experience of the TCM-involved doctors I know, is largely useless in the face of modern conditions.

Amazoniac

Coconut meat and oil is considered a "Yang" food, used to cure "Yin Deficiency". It is considered "heat generating".

Still:

(a) most TCM sources out there on the internet are wrong
(b) TCM dietary prescriptions were designed for a different time, for a different set of humans, and based on the experience of the TCM-involved doctors I know, is largely useless in the face of modern conditions.

What makes you still be interested in it?

tyw

What makes you still be interested in it?

Diet is barely a footnote in what is considered Traditional Chinese Medicine ;)

NOTE: anyone can access this knowledge, if you're willing to spend at least US$500 to get all the materials from -- http://www.qigongmedicine.com/medical-qigong-books/ . Dr Jerry Alan Johnson is by far the best source of this material out there. Nobody else even comes close, not even the Chinese sources, some of which I've read.

Sidenote: What we call today "Traditional Chinese Medicine" is what has come filtered by the Chinese Government. Originally, there were many conflicting schools of Medicine in China, each with their own practices, go-to herbs, and recommendations, which definitely diverged from famous early works (IMO, this divergence was a result of treatment people under different environmental conditions -- China is a vast country with vastly different environments).

You cannot gain access to the Chinese sources, due to existing political conditions, and due to the fact that the cultural system of passing on such techniques were "only from Master to Worthy Disciple" within closed circles, with little documentation escaping those circles. Dr Johnson went through the journey of acquiring this knowledge the traditional way, and his work is by far the most comprehensive summary of authentic TCM.​

Dietrich Klinghardt will talk about coherence testing and body representations:

All of this is derived from Traditional Chinese practices, of which learning how to both sense and manipulate body energetic flows is a foundational skill. ie: if you can't memorise all the energetic meridians in the body, forget about the rest ....

Sidenote: if people are wondering how I "test myself", it is using this body of knowledge. Once you learn how to pick up on various energetic channels, you can reliably diagnose the energetic state of various systems in the body on a second to second basis, and thus figure out what interventions will enhance or take away from that coherence.

Note that it was easier for me to accept this sort of therapy because, (a) I am Chinese ;) , and (b) I had the good fortune of meeting my mentor, who demonstrated the techniques, diagnosed my condition, treated it successfully, and then taught me the techniques. That was about 1.5 years ago, and I am good enough to be useful toward myself (in diagnosing and treating any issues that I come up with), but still need to work my way through the full set of materials -- a process that will take many more years.​

I did say that many of the Dietary interventions are useless today. The same goes for many of the "energetic manipulation" techniques. Today's humans are either not capable of generating the energies required, or not capable of accepting the appropriately placed energies.

What is still relevant today is the ability to sense and diagnose medical conditions, and then intervene with the correct substance, at the right dose, at the right time. Also, in many cases, these "Energetic Manipulations" turn out to be simple emission of light / EMF, and is replaceable by supplementing with specific substances which hold those quantised energies.

eg: taking lithium seems to be the equivalent of shining a 472nm light into a cell. This is where Western Medical Science is required, both in the meticulous cataloging and qualification of what each substance does. For example, "what type of lithium compound do I need to do get the cells of a particular system back up and running?". The same goes for compounds like Magnesium Malate vs Citrate vs Orotate -- all 3 have different system targets and pharmokinetics, and need to be used in varying doses for varying contexts. Understanding these from a Western Scientific perspective is also a pre-requisite for accurate treatment.

The same applies to diet -- without understanding the metabolism of various substrate in the way that Western Science has understood it, you have little chance at reasoning about what is an appropriate food at a particular time.

As an aside: anyone want to guess the biggest influence on health? ;) Planetary body alignments wrt Earth. Now that's a whole other can of worms, and a whole different set of study which I'm involved with.​

mirc12354

Diet is barely a footnote in what is considered Traditional Chinese Medicine ;)

NOTE: anyone can access this knowledge, if you're willing to spend at least US$500 to get all the materials from -- http://www.qigongmedicine.com/medical-qigong-books/ . Dr Jerry Alan Johnson is by far the best source of this material out there. Nobody else even comes close, not even the Chinese sources, some of which I've read.

Sidenote: What we call today "Traditional Chinese Medicine" is what has come filtered by the Chinese Government. Originally, there were many conflicting schools of Medicine in China, each with their own practices, go-to herbs, and recommendations, which definitely diverged from famous early works (IMO, this divergence was a result of treatment people under different environmental conditions -- China is a vast country with vastly different environments).

You cannot gain access to the Chinese sources, due to existing political conditions, and due to the fact that the cultural system of passing on such techniques were "only from Master to Worthy Disciple" within closed circles, with little documentation escaping those circles. Dr Johnson went through the journey of acquiring this knowledge the traditional way, and his work is by far the most comprehensive summary of authentic TCM.​

Dietrich Klinghardt will talk about coherence testing and body representations:

All of this is derived from Traditional Chinese practices, of which learning how to both sense and manipulate body energetic flows is a foundational skill. ie: if you can't memorise all the energetic meridians in the body, forget about the rest ....

Sidenote: if people are wondering how I "test myself", it is using this body of knowledge. Once you learn how to pick up on various energetic channels, you can reliably diagnose the energetic state of various systems in the body on a second to second basis, and thus figure out what interventions will enhance or take away from that coherence.

Note that it was easier for me to accept this sort of therapy because, (a) I am Chinese ;) , and (b) I had the good fortune of meeting my mentor, who demonstrated the techniques, diagnosed my condition, treated it successfully, and then taught me the techniques. That was about 1.5 years ago, and I am good enough to be useful toward myself (in diagnosing and treating any issues that I come up with), but still need to work my way through the full set of materials -- a process that will take many more years.​

I did say that many of the Dietary interventions are useless today. The same goes for many of the "energetic manipulation" techniques. Today's humans are either not capable of generating the energies required, or not capable of accepting the appropriately placed energies.

What is still relevant today is the ability to sense and diagnose medical conditions, and then intervene with the correct substance, at the right dose, at the right time. Also, in many cases, these "Energetic Manipulations" turn out to be simple emission of light / EMF, and is replaceable by supplementing with specific substances which hold those quantised energies.

eg: taking lithium seems to be the equivalent of shining a 472nm light into a cell. This is where Western Medical Science is required, both in the meticulous cataloging and qualification of what each substance does. For example, "what type of lithium compound do I need to do get the cells of a particular system back up and running?". The same goes for compounds like Magnesium Malate vs Citrate vs Orotate -- all 3 have different system targets and pharmokinetics, and need to be used in varying doses for varying contexts. Understanding these from a Western Scientific perspective is also a pre-requisite for accurate treatment.

The same applies to diet -- without understanding the metabolism of various substrate in the way that Western Science has understood it, you have little chance at reasoning about what is an appropriate food at a particular time.

As an aside: anyone want to guess the biggest influence on health? ;) Planetary body alignments wrt Earth. Now that's a whole other can of worms, and a whole different set of study which I'm involved with.​

Astrology?

Amazoniac

I had the good fortune of meeting my mentor, who demonstrated the techniques, diagnosed my condition, treated it successfully, and then taught me the techniques.
Is that the guy that helped you diagnose the infection and suggested a herbal treatment..?
Anyway, thanks for sharing, you seem passionate about it, it must be something interesting that's difficult for us, that are not familiar, to grasp..

tyw

Astrology?

Nope. Astrology is too inaccurate.

I use Human Design plus Astronomy.

Is that the guy that helped you diagnose the infection and suggested a herbal treatment..?
Anyway, thanks for sharing, you seem passionate about it, it must be something interesting that's difficult for us, that are not familiar, to grasp..

No choice ..... had to fix my issues, stumbled upon stupid amount of knowledge, no choice but to learn.

This is similar to Osteopathy -- I cannot explain it, but I can demonstrate it's effectiveness. I do not speak much about this topic for this reason, but will almost always demonstrate the techniques in person if the other party is interested.

raypeatclips

anyone can access this knowledge, if you're willing to spend at least US$500 to get all the materials from

With all due respect, nobody is going to spend 500 dollars to learn about the things you are talking about. This forum is based upon a man who publishes article upon article on his website for free, for anybody to view. You might say, fair enough, if you don't spend the money you won't find out, or that the information is worth that much. What about people that don't have $500 in disposable income? $500 could buy a lot of milk.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals