Coconut Oil, And It's Effects, When Added To High Carb Diet

Zachs

I don't believe coconut oils metabolic effects are enough to counteract the extra calories. It may be beneficial for clearing pufa and reversing damage though.

Probably a tsp or 2 a day is enough.

Peatri Dish

I did a diet of coconut oil 2 oz, mixed with spirutein 2 oz and water - hot and blended in a blender and then chilled. It made a nice chocolate pudding. This was before peat. I added hemp seeds 1 oz and took chia seeds 1 oz each morning separately. I lost about 20 lbs in five or six weeks. I felt great. I would eat French fries once a week and a baked good once a week, tons of coffee and sugar free red bull. So it was basically very low carb with cheats. Also plenty of PUFA with my CO in the form of seeds. I got bored and ended up adding SAD foods back in and wound up in an overweight mess again. But, I often think of this period of about 7 months when my main calories were just about all coconut oil. I also think the chia seeds were key.
I am wanting to do a peaty version of this but don't know how. I have done low carb diets and they never worked before or since. I think it was the gut cleanse from the coconut oil and the chia seeds. I think a peat friendly version of this would have more carbs and utilize the carrot salad...but how to add the carbs without all sorts of havoc on the gut, and without a lot of weight gain. I have never tried anything like this since discovering peat because I don't want to screw my metabolism.
I await your reports with interest.

johnwester130

Re: Coconut oil, and it's effects, when added to high carb d

Liberal! Yes... It has metabolic enhancing effects but by a different mechanism than carbs. More is good, although you won't like it in your milk. When it's below 72 degrees coconut oil solidifies, so if you put it in even room temperature milk it will turn into tiny solid little bits. It's great to use in coffee or tea, however, or warm milk with a little sugar. And definitely cook with it!

Butter is good for you but no, not in the way coconut oil is. Coconut oil won't make you gain weight but butter will (though you should still have lots of butter). Lard depends on the source, nowadays is more likely full of polyunsaturated fat from soy and corn diets of the animals and probably should be avoided, unless you can confirm the source. Definitely don't be afraid of coconut oil.

theres a way to add it to hot drinks so it doesn't float on top

see the recipes section

D

Deleted member 5487

Re: Coconut oil, and it's effects, when added to high carb d

I have bad experiences with coconut oil as well. If I eat fair amounts of coconut oil my liver stresses easily. I do occasionaly eat it though, but I feel no benefit from it. It's just safe cooking oil. I only use

Regulation of Tight Junction Permeability by Intestinal Bacteria and Dietary Components
[/i]Other dietary components such as fatty acids, polysaccharides, and flavonoids are also known to alter TJ. The mediumchain fatty acids capric acid and lauric acid increase paracellular flux and cause a rapid decrease in TEER in Caco-2 cells (93). DHA, g-linolenic acid, and EPA have also been shown to decrease TEER and increase paracellular permeability of luorescein sulfonic acid in a concentration-dependent manner (94,95).[/b][/i]

What the effect is for a healthy intestinal barrier and in a living system? I don't know, but my experience only confirms this for me. So for those not understanding coconut oil may possible induce mild endotoxemia.
Likely the fibers in whole coconut prevent this, but for most whole coconut is highly allergenic, especially when your mucousal lining is damaged the fibers do more harm than good.

This mirrors my past experiences. When I was on low carb, a mere taste/smell of it would make me sick. When I did consume some I would get very dizzy and endotoxin nausea.

I recently today gave it another go. No dizziness or endotoxin feeling but a very odd calm energy and focus. Though I am a little spacey so it may be still effecting me.

Is yours similar?

grenade

Since not many people tried this, I will be giving it a go.

My diet has involved lots of dairy fat and beef fat lately. I’ve had success with a very lowfat PUFA depletion diet in the past, but found it very very difficult to continue longterm.

Starting tomorrow I will consume 8 cups of skim milk (with coffee, 2TBS cocoa, 4TBS gelatin, 4 TBS sugar, and 2-4 TBS of hydrogenated coconut oil), oranges, mangoes, 2-3 ripe bananas, and a couple of ounces of seafood. I’ll eat up to 3000 calories per day.

The percentage of fats that are saturated in this diet is as high as 87%.

My goal is an overall increase in metabolism, improvement in health, improved hair, and weight loss.

D

Deleted member 5487

A few tables spoons of CO a day really helped my oxidize the sugar I was eatin, slowed sugars release, and lowered my caloric intake overall.

I also found it spared sugar for more important processes such a liver glycogen

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals