Coconut Oil conversion question

Dutchie

Hi everyone,

I want to try to make my own chocolatebars with a recipe I found.
The recipe calls for 1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil , which converted is about 4Tablespoons, but do they mean in general liquid or solid? And how do I measure it? I have this set of different kind of measurement spoons,so do I just scoop out 4TBSp of CO out of the jar? (It's kinda soft in the jar but not liquid).

Dan Wich

As long as you mash the coconut oil into the measuring spoons to minimize air-pockets, the volume should be about the same as if it was melted. So it's fine to just measure it solid.

Dutchie

Thanx Dan. i wouldve assumed,that a spoon liquid is less than when i spoon out solid.
think im gonna try to make the. chocolate bars tonigth.

btw,everytime i see your avatar you kinda remind me of boris becker....the tennisplayer;) but nice to see a face by the name.:)
Btw isnt there a protected/closed off part on the forum where everybody can post a pic o$ themselves?wpuld be nice to see faces with a name.

pboy

indeed, solid or liquid its exactly the same....strange I know but somehow that's how it is (2 tbsp. = 1oz when it comes to pure oil / fat or any kind)

Dan Wich

Dutchie said:
btw,everytime i see your avatar you kinda remind me of boris becker....the tennisplayer;) but nice to see a face by the name.:)
Yeah, I always like to see that there's a "real person" behind a post. And I would not remind you of Boris Becker if you saw the time I tried tennis. Lots of confident swinging at a ball that was nowhere near me :lol:

Dutchie said:
Btw isnt there a protected/closed off part on the forum where everybody can post a pic o$ themselves?wpuld be nice to see faces with a name.
That'd be fun to add if it doesn't exist already. Charlie will probably have to chime in.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Dan Wich said:
That'd be fun to add if it doesn't exist already. Charlie will probably have to chime in.[/quote]

We could do something like that if enough people have interest.

4peatssake

Dan Wich said:
I would not remind you of Boris Becker if you saw the time I tried tennis. Lots of confident swinging at a ball that was nowhere near me :lol:
Oh man, you crack me up! :lol:

Is this you?? :P

Dan Wich

4peatssake said:
Is this you?? :P
...I didn't realize photos of my performance had made it online. In my defense though, my 12" nose was making it hard to see the tennis balls.

Dutchie

Thanx 4 all the explanations.....I tried making chocolate but it was a big fail (which usually is the case whenever I want to make something despite sticking to the recipes&guidelines.)

I don't know if I used too little oil or maybe too much sugar or too high heat....bc most of the sugar sticked to the bottom of the pan. So,I'll have to muster up the courage to try it again another time

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hans Coconut oil for lowering blood sugar, insulin requirements, inflammation and appetite Scientific Studies 19
M Good Coconut Oil in Germany Diet 2
F Coconut Oil & Xylitol Toothpaste Recipe? Oral Health 0
S Coconut Oil Reduces DHT Orally? Coconut Oil 10
R J Deep Frying With Hydrogenated Coconut Oil? Coconut Oil 18
S My Experience With Coconut Oil Ask For Help or Advice 6
pauljacob Confusing Info From RP About Coconut Oil And Butter Diet 15
orewashin Why Does Coconut Oil/MCT Oil Burn My Throat? Coconut Oil 1
B Fractionated Coconut Oil As Sunscreen? Coconut Oil 0
L Can Micronized DHEA Dissolve In Coconut Oil? Digestion 3
Cecil Roids Coconut Oil Goes Rancid On My Skin, Any Ideas Why? Ask For Help or Advice 8
Velve921 Unrefined Coconut Oil Made Me Burn Coconut Oil 9
J Coconut Oil Ask For Help or Advice 6
Hgreen56 Coconut Oil + Starch = Weight Gain Or Weight Loss? Coconut Oil 6
J Coconut Oil And Mold Ask For Help or Advice 11
L This Coq10 Supplement I Found In The Mainstream Supermarket Has Coconut Oil In It Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
milkboi Hydrogenated Coconut Oil German/European Source Coconut Oil 78
L Can Refined/hydrogenated Coconut Oil Cause Diarrhea? Coconut Oil 8
Z Coconut Oil Dog Weight Gain? Animals 3
S Study Claims That Coconut Oil Increase Oxidative Stress Compared To Sesame Oil (High PUFA) Diet 7
C How To Consume Coconut Oil By Itself Without Tasting Or Touching It Ask For Help or Advice 18
L Are Mashed Potatoes Okay With Coconut Oil Recipes 6
K What's The Deal With Liquid Coconut Oil? Coconut Oil 10
Locutus High Quality Tortilla Chips Fried In Coconut Oil Ask For Help or Advice 5
Momado965 Distillation Of Caprylic Acid/ Capric Acid Of Coconut Oil Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
LiveWire Coconut Oil Irritating My Throat. Concern? Coconut Oil 2
K How To Make My Own Coconut Oil Based Lotion Body Care 0
L Ray's Carrot Salad - Coconut Oil Vs EVOO Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 0
L Hydrogenated Coconut Oil In A Plastic Container? Coconut Oil 11
J Coconut Oil And Kids Coconut Oil 1
C Who Experienced Benefits With Coconut Oil? Diet 16
michael94 2 Alternative To Coconut Oil Diet 3
H Coconut Oil Disturbing Digestion? Coconut Oil 6
T Olive Oil/coconut Oil With Lemon Empty Stomach Digestion 16
T What Is The Best Method For Combining Coconut Oil And Activated Charcoal? Ask For Help or Advice 23
jzeno Looking For Suggestions To Soften, Liquify Coconut Oil Quickly During Winter Months Miscellaneous 5
jzeno Tillamook Cheese, OJ, Coffee, Aspirin, Coconut Oil Are The Foods That Shot My Body Temperature Up Testimonials 10
Centsmom Coconut Oil/ Store Bought Eggs Ask For Help or Advice 8
Kartoffel Coconut Oil As Effective As Chlorhexidine For Plaque Reduction Oral Health 12
jzeno Here Me Out: Coconut Oil French Fries Coconut Oil 26
L Use Of Coconut Oil As Enema Saves Woman’s Colon From Being Surgically Removed Due To Colitis Coconut Oil 37
bzmazu COCONUT OIL KILLS Coconut Oil 16
whit To Arms! Mama Llama Cereal Controversy. Malt-o-Meal Replaces Coconut Oil With PUFA Canola Coconut Oil 11
J Erections And Coconut Oil Male Issues 14
SneezeStar Bulk Apothecary Hydrogenated Coconut Oil Not Food Grade Coconut Oil 3
Hans Coconut Oil Protects Against The Inflammation Caused By Endotoxins Coconut Oil 1
Jon "Coconut Oil Is Pure Poison" Coconut Oil 122
Hans Coconut Oil Increases Gut Bacteria Diversity And Improves Immunity And Insulin Sensitivity Coconut Oil 12
Hans PUFAs Cause Obesity And Diabetes. Coconut Oil & Fructose Are Protective Articles & Scientific Studies 28
G High-Fructose-High-Coconut-Oil Diet Disregulates Leptin, Stearoyl-CoA Desaturase, And Spatial Memory Scientific Studies 57