Newest Fat Fad - Coconut Oil

DMF

Now that we all know how fraught with fraud olive oil is, how are the new coconut oils offered? Is this "industry" getting off somewhat honestly or does it stand to go by the way of olive oil?
So frustrating that we can't get good reliable fats in our diet, lest we eat the fat right off the steak....

burtlancast

DMF said:
Now that we all know how fraught with fraud olive oil is

Ray Peat approves olive oil in small quantities.

How's that a fraud ?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
burtlancast said:
How's that a fraud ?
I think DMF might be alluding to olive oil isn't really olive oils these days because they "cut" it with things like rapeseed oil.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Charlie said:
burtlancast said:
How's that a fraud ?
I think DMF might be alluding to olive oil isn't really olive oils these days because they "cut" it with things like rapeseed oil.
Oh no, that's what I was afraid he meant. I'm assuming organic extra virgin olive oil might still be fine in small quantities? Please say yes. :cry:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I heard there is literally like 1 company in the US(california company i think) that has real, pure olive oil and its really expensive. I am not sure if that is the case because I haven't researched it very much. But I saw one person say, basically, the "mafia" runs most of the olive oil and they "cut" it all. Not sure how true all of that is though. :confused

burtlancast

Damn.
In any case, one can make it's own coconut oil from entire coconuts, it's not that difficult, but it will still have it's allergens ( if one's sensible to them).

[BBvideo 560,340:15jlwff6]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsqdHKGgybs[/BBvideo]

The same applies to olive oil.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wonder if the EVOO from J Edwards International that comes with a COA can be trusted. I've ordered coconut oil from them before and it seemed high quality to me. It's probably a safer bet than what you buy in the store I suppose? It comes in plastic of though. I've been using olive oil almost exclusively on my skin. I've probably really been using canola or corn oil too and didn't know it.

Peata

A discussion a while back about olive oil here.

I did some looking into this a while back after more than two years of using lots of evoo for everything - cooking, dipping, even skincare. I was appalled to find that there is so much corruption in this industry. What a shame. I would find a good Californian oil, but I have just been using coconut oil and a little butter so far.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals