Beef Tallow much more effective that coconut oil for weight loss??

ddjd

I'm still in early stages of experimentation (a few weeks in) but it seems beef Tallow is really helping with reducing belly fat.

Anyone else had similar experiences? And it's delicious and can be used for frying several times over!!

Last edited:

Limon9

I'm still in early stages of experimentation (a few weeks in) but it seems beef Tallow is really helping with reducing belly fat.

Anyone else had similar experiences? And it's delicious and can be used for frying several times over!!
Interesting. You've probably been eating few PUFA for a while, right? Maybe the hormone-like effects of longer chain fatty acids are clearer in people who, through changes in their diet and fatty tissue composition, no longer need coconut oil as a PUFA-inhibitory meal supplement. When I want to lose weight, I reduce my total fat and increase carbohydrate and calcium, and eat potatoes with butter when I want to gain it.

Lemminkäinen

Yes I feel like sometimes chain length helps a lot, especially if you compare stearic (18) to lauric (14). Twenty hours ago I ate 2 pounds of potatoes cooked in roughly 200 grams of tallow, today I feel so full lol, only had apples and sparkling water all day. xD

Dutchie

Yes I feel like sometimes chain length helps a lot, especially if you compare stearic (18) to lauric (14). Twenty hours ago I ate 2 pounds of potatoes cooked in roughly 200 grams of tallow, today I feel so full lol, only had apples and sparkling water all day. xD

Are you on a croissant diet (TCD) journey...;)
I often read people claiming the same in there, feeling full/satiated.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I get along very well with tallow too. I haven’t analyzed why this is scientifically because my focus lately has just been on trusting my body and inner guidance on what I tolerate well and feel good consuming.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
French fries cooked in Tallow ala Outback Steakhouse = da best! :drool

Home cooked always better but when on the run, cant go wrong with Outback fries and steak. I think I will embark on a 100% tallow for cooking journey and see how she goes. :salute

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Interesting. You've probably been eating few PUFA for a while, right? Maybe the hormone-like effects of longer chain fatty acids are clearer in people who, through changes in their diet and fatty tissue composition, no longer need coconut oil as a PUFA-inhibitory meal supplement. When I want to lose weight, I reduce my total fat and increase carbohydrate and calcium, and eat potatoes with butter when I want to gain it.
Peating for almost a decade so relatively low PUFA really. At home only olive oil, butter or coconut oil. And now Tallow!

Logan-

Taking laxatives like cascara or magnesium can significantly help with your weight loss journey.

Logan-

Also:

Lemminkäinen

Are you on a croissant diet (TCD) journey...;)
I often read people claiming the same in there, feeling full/satiated.

Haha that was my thought exactly. I get on the Croissant Diet by accident now and then, when I cook things in tallow at home.

Dutchie

Haha that was my thought exactly. I get on the Croissant Diet by accident now and then, when I cook things in tallow at home.

If you feel good on it and you like the taste, just use it to your hearts desire. :)
I like the taste of beef fat too and been using tallow and ghee more too lately instead of CO. (though that's totally for a different reason,bc I like the taste of CO too).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah, definitely. For the last couple months a large portion of my diet has consisted of masa cooked in tallow. Dirty cheap and makes me feel great.
Recipe please. :)

aniciete

What are you making? Tortilla?
Recipe please. :)

I make these but a little bit thinner. I like lightly frying each side for a couple of minutes then sticking it in the oven until it turns a golden color. I use organic white masa harina.

akgrrrl

French fries cooked in Tallow ala Outback Steakhouse = da best! :drool

Home cooked always better but when on the run, cant go wrong with Outback fries and steak. I think I will embark on a 100% tallow for cooking journey and see how she goes. :salute
Soaking those cut potatoes in salt and sugar water really makes them taste awesome! Cut and leave in the fridge submerged in water till you need 'em.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals