Abdominal Obesity - Where To Begin?

OP
I

Iceman2016

Ya... its more simple then u think. Check ur vit d its prob low. Then get enough potassium magnesium and sodium. Your prob lacking in potassium I think the numb is 4700mg a day.

I'll definitely include testing for vitamin do when I get my full blood work done. I haven't been tracking my calories or micronutrient intake so I have to start doing that as well. I'm pretty sure that I'm not getting anywhere near that much potassium or magnesium. If I remove my liquid milk intake, I don't think I'll be hitting my calcium requirements either.

I'll definitely include testing for vitamin do when I get my full blood work done. I haven't been tracking my calories or micronutrient intake so I have to start doing that as well. I'm pretty sure that I'm not getting anywhere near that much potassium or magnesium. If I remove my liquid milk intake, I don't think I'll be hitting my calcium requirements either.

Try coconut water and magnesium spray and see if it helps

Krigeren

I'll definitely be incorporating some weight training into my schedule.

Finally a topic I might be able to comment a bit on! ;) I wanted to chime in here, because proper weight training has done wonders for me.

I'm sure there might be others here who have different ideas on what the best form of weight training is, but heavy barbell training has always given me the best bang for the buck in time and energy spent.

And looking back on my training 'career' (and that of some of my lifting compadres), I'd have to say these people have it nailed: Starting Strength (especially if you are relatively new to general strength training with barbells).

I might add that I'm not affiliated with them in any way, since they do sell books and seminars on that site. I would definitely suggest their Basic Barbell Training book, but with some time spent researching their site and around the web, you can do the program w/o spending a dime.

That said, based on my experiences, if general stress is an issue for you right now (sounds like it might be), you may be better off mitigating that to some degree before you add another stressor like heavy weight training, but I'll leave that advice up to others here who are more experienced w/ RP's methods. Also, part of the program mentioned above for younger lifters is milk, but (again, with research) you will find that not necessary or even advisable for middle-age or older trainees, if you find that limiting dairy is important for your situation.

Good luck!

Merry Christmas, everyone.

beachbum

stop drinking so much milk. i would say stop drinking fluid milk completely and stick to milk products like cheese if you think you really need it. i learned this the hard way.
Hi Beta pandemic,

So what happened when you changed this, less belly fat? I know I reduced my liquids and feel better but as for the belly to early to tell since its not even a whole week reducing my milk and no juice at all because it makes me tired. Never mind Beta. I should have kept reading a few post down. What about cheese, because 3 ounces has approximately 23 gms.

Last edited:

beachbum

why do liquids make you feel tired. isnt orange juice good?
Well too much liquid does but for oj if I drink it just because it makes me tired. For and example I had some today but I had it because I was craving it and was fine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals