Back Acne for 10+ Years (Tried Everything)

tom94

Hey guys

I seem to have constant back acne (and have done for most my life)

There will be periods where it's OK and then periods where it's bad.

Especially on my upper and side of the back.

Diet: ray peat - meat, eggs, fruit, milk, honey, maple syrup (remove starches but didn't seem to make a difference)

Sleep: Quality is high. Sleep well. Consistently 7-8 hrs every night without peeing.

Supplements: Vit E, Glycine, Mag chloride, little aspirin, B3, Methylene blue, B1

Don't use any artificial creams or toxic domestics like shaving foam or washing powder, etc.

Weight train every day.

Stress can be quite high - definitely always feel like I need to be doing and struggle to relax

Previous blood results showed high prolactin and high progesterone.. I know high prolactin can cause skin issues.

Any thoughts on what it could be or what I'm missing?

Thanks

Mister

Know that feel.

Had bacne untill I was 31 or so. Almost nothing helped.

Probably genetically but it will go away.

How old are you?

Peachy

Doxy recently improved my son’s back acne (still working on face breakouts). I think he also uses a back loofah scrubber with benzoyl peroxide. But doxy made a noticeable difference.

Peachy

Doxy recently improved my son’s back acne (still working on face breakouts). I think he also uses a back loofah scrubber with benzoyl peroxide. But doxy made a noticeable difference.
Strike that. He said doxy did not help. I guess it was already clearing on its own before that. I’m not sure what helped. Maybe time (but he’s only 16)

Ras

Could be fungus.

Try Ciclopirox Olamine: The Fungal Acne Treatment Bible (2021): Cure Malassezia With Science!

You can buy it from AllDayChemist; if you can't, or won't, you can try Terbenafine. It's inferior, but it could be good enough.

If you'd rather test it first, to clarify whether it's bacteria, or fungus, buy a 365nm UV flashlight from Amazon. This uses the same principle as the Wood's lamp. From here:
If the bumps light up coral-orange-red color, it’s bacterial acne, if they are blue-white-yellow it’s yeast.

This woman used a urea/propylene glycol callus stick to clear her chest acne. I think the propylene glycol did it.

Last edited:

Michaelk3

Try UVA/UVB therapy...sun light, tanning etc. Some tanning salons have high UVB beds which are great for acne. Also you can buy a Sperti light which is cheap for what it provides

DrJ

Agree with Ras that bacne tends to be fungal. Do you have good bile flow?

golder

Could be fungus.

Try Ciclopirox Olamine: The Fungal Acne Treatment Bible (2021): Cure Malassezia With Science!

You can buy it from AllDayChemist; if you can't, or won't, you can try Terbenafine. It's inferior, but it could be good enough.

If you'd rather test it first, to clarify whether it's bacteria, or fungus, buy a 365nm UV flashlight from Amazon. This uses the same principle as the Wood's lamp. From here:

This woman used a urea/propylene glycol callus stick to clear her chest acne. I think the propylene glycol did it.
This is interesting thanks, is propylene glycol naturally antifungal? It’s in quite a lot of topical hair formulas and some people argue that it irritates their skin, but i didn’t realise that it has antifungal properties too?

Ras

This is interesting thanks, is propylene glycol naturally antifungal? It’s in quite a lot of topical hair formulas and some people argue that it irritates their skin, but i didn’t realise that it has antifungal properties too?
Three studies here touch on its antifungal properties.

PopSocket

Sometimes bad artificial fabrics can cause this issue. After exposure it can take MANY months for the skin to heal and the acne to subside. If the issue has any fungal involvement, the fungus is there to eat up some toxin, not attack the skin. If your clothes have polyester and such toxic fabrics it can easily be at least a contributing factor. Sleeping with a Tshirt made of 100% cotton can help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals