Workouts can crash estrogen?

username111

Is that possible? I noticed that the rest days after a workout day (I lift with moderate intensity) I have poor libido and pumpkin seeds ,which have been mentioned here to be estrogenic, restore my libido pretty well.
I already have low estrogen levels and high prolactin as mentioned in my earlier posts for the ones that follow me.

@username111 It just makes me think that intensity training increases cortisol which antagonizes free testosterone... hard to say that stress (physical but also emotional / emotional) can trigger a cascade of something at the level of estrogen on the tissues even if they are related to growth hormone. The situation is different if you train intensely once a week (increase in anabolic hormones including IGF1).

OP
U

username111

@username111 It just makes me think that intensity training increases cortisol which antagonizes free testosterone... hard to say that stress (physical but also emotional / emotional) can trigger a cascade of something at the level of estrogen on the tissues even if they are related to growth hormone. The situation is different if you train intensely once a week (increase in anabolic hormones including IGF1).
Because I remember testing my T levels literally a day after workout about 2 year ago and T levels didnt dip at all compared to previous resutls, ufnortunately I didnt test estrogen. The symptom of low libido a day after workout seems to be estrogen related ( my guess).

tasfarelel

I'd say no. I have not seen any mechanism that could do this, at least in men. There are some studies showing decrease of estrogen in menopausal women who exercise. But I couldn't find in several of those papers the biological explanation. Could be a false result.

In your case, it could be rather overexertion which generated too many stress hormones, including serotonin, and too much muscle damage overall.

Try this:
-take some honey right when you're done and keep it for some minutes in your mouth. The tip is from this forum, I understood it would reduce stress hormones?
-eat >100 fast carbs after each training and increase overall your protein & carb intake
-reduce training intensity to 90%
-reduce frequency of training
-try a different training style, heavy low reps vs. light weight high reps vs. slow vs. HIT - whatever you do, just do the opposite

youngsinatra

Working out too intensely and too frequently can lower testosterone, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it actually did lower estradiol aswell.

How long do you workout? I tend to run into a wall after 45-60min of working out, where I start to feel stressed, slightly hypoglycemic and lightheaded and get post-exertional-malaise, up to the point of feeling sick like from an infection. I think keeping the workouts short (30 to maximum 60min) with enough rest in between sets is wise. (ideally to the point where you breathe normally and calm again)
I tend to use less weight and chase the pump with the rep range of 10-15, whereas in the past I used more heavy weight and 4-10 reps, which sometimes felt like overburdening my CNS.

I still tend to overkill myself when I go to the gym because of my history with bodybuilding training and annihilating my body to the max.

OP
U

username111

I'd say no. I have not seen any mechanism that could do this, at least in men. There are some studies showing decrease of estrogen in menopausal women who exercise. But I couldn't find in several of those papers the biological explanation. Could be a false result.

In your case, it could be rather overexertion which generated too many stress hormones, including serotonin, and too much muscle damage overall.

Try this:
-take some honey right when you're done and keep it for some minutes in your mouth. The tip is from this forum, I understood it would reduce stress hormones?
-eat >100 fast carbs after each training and increase overall your protein & carb intake
-reduce training intensity to 90%
-reduce frequency of training
-try a different training style, heavy low reps vs. light weight high reps vs. slow vs. HIT - whatever you do, just do the opposite
I workout 12-15 rep range 2-3 sets and no more than 30 minutes total. 1 minute rest between sets. I would say 70 precent of 1 rep max and low volume. 3 times a week. I will try the honey trick as I do eat right away after workouts. Thank you.
Working out too intensely and too frequently can lower testosterone, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it actually did lower estradiol aswell.

How long do you workout? I tend to run into a wall after 45-60min of working out, where I start to feel stressed, slightly hypoglycemic and lightheaded and get post-exertional-malaise, up to the point of feeling sick like from an infection. I think keeping the workouts short (30 to maximum 60min) with enough rest in between sets is wise. (ideally to the point where you breathe normally and calm again)
I tend to use less weight and chase the pump with the rep range of 10-15, whereas in the past I used more heavy weight and 4-10 reps, which sometimes felt like overburdening my CNS.

I still tend to overkill myself when I go to the gym because of my history with bodybuilding training and annihilating my body to the max.
My workouts are not intense as I replied to tasfarelel. So I will keep digging for the reason why.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals