Hypogonadism Pt 2 With Bloodwork

Hairlosssucks

Turns out i’m not suffering from low test due to blood work results:

Testosterone: 19.3 nmol/L (8.8-27.9)
Free androgen index: 79.8 (24.5-113.3)
Serum sex hormone binding globulin: 24.2 nmol/L (16.2-68.5)

FSH: 1.3 iu/l (1.0-12.0)
LH: 3.6 iu/l (0.6-12)

Prolactin 196 miu/L (73.0-407.0)

I didn’t get my estradiol or estrogen levels tested due to nhs U.K. not providing the needed version. I’m concerned about my fsh and lh being low.

What could be causing atrophied testicles, no libido, fat gain, poor sleep, waking up in the middle of night everyday, dry skin. I have a feeling it’s my estradiol and estrogen levels but I can’t get that tested properly unless I go private.

This was also a non fasting blood test

@anyone
@Luckytype any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Prolonged stress and cortisol (or a dysregulation of the HPA axis) could definitely be at play according to your symptoms.

Thus DHEA and DHEA-S would likely be low. DHEA is involved in sebum production and libido.

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

Prolonged stress and cortisol (or a dysregulation of the HPA axis) could definitely be at play according to your symptoms.

Thus DHEA and DHEA-S would likely be low. DHEA is involved in sebum production and libido.

I took some dhea a while back and it just cause some pain in my legs and arms. I stopped taking it due to it being a prohormone and potentially suppressing my hpta.

I also had a dull pain in my balls which can be a sign of testicular disfunction.

Hans

Forum Supporter
DHEA shouldn't suppress your HPT axis especially if you take it in small doses. At what doses did you take it?
Did you take anything along with DHEA?
Estrogen might cause nerve pain, which could explain the pain you felt.

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

DHEA shouldn't suppress your HPT axis especially if you take it in small doses. At what doses did you take it?
Did you take anything along with DHEA?
Estrogen might cause nerve pain, which could explain the pain you felt.

I was taking 15mg, definitely too much, but only like 4 days in 2 weeks then I stopped. I have no idea why I have no libido with normal test. I think it’s something to do with my fsh and lh or e2 as my semen is still watery and balls are shrunk.

marsaday

Have you had thyroid tested ? Dry skin, low libido, increased fat are all low thyroid signs. There are loads, so i would check out the thyroid board on the patient unlocked website (UK based).

You don't seem to have any issues on testosterone as you say. FSH is the signal to tell the balls to make sperm and LH is the signal for testosterone. You have a high FSH if you are not making sperm.

Possibly paying for a private sperm test could be an easy way to see how the testicles are going. I wish i had done this years ago as it flagged up low fertility. This then lead onto the diagnosis of low thyroid. This was all in my late 30's and i just wish this had happened sooner, but we didnt try for a baby until this time. We now have a 5 y/o, but my fertility is low and probably will not change, but the thyroid has really helped my health.

Satellite

Turns out i’m not suffering from low test due to blood work results:

Testosterone: 19.3 nmol/L (8.8-27.9)
Free androgen index: 79.8 (24.5-113.3)
Serum sex hormone binding globulin: 24.2 nmol/L (16.2-68.5)

FSH: 1.3 iu/l (1.0-12.0)
LH: 3.6 iu/l (0.6-12)

Prolactin 196 miu/L (73.0-407.0)

I didn’t get my estradiol or estrogen levels tested due to nhs U.K. not providing the needed version. I’m concerned about my fsh and lh being low.

What could be causing atrophied testicles, no libido, fat gain, poor sleep, waking up in the middle of night everyday, dry skin. I have a feeling it’s my estradiol and estrogen levels but I can’t get that tested properly unless I go private.

This was also a non fasting blood test

@anyone
@Luckytype any thoughts on this?

Hey, sorry you are having problems.
Do you have signs of high serotonin? Especially in the gut?
How is your digestion?

Sounds like the issue is more pituitary than testes related.
Try increasing dopamine and decreasing serotonin and see what happens.
Someone mentioned high cortisol too, which is true.
What is your IGF-1 level?

Have you looked at Driven Sports products?
Namely, Lean Xtreme, Activate X, and Triazole?
They are all herbal, so non-hormonal, but they posted bloodwork on bodybuilding forums when they first created the supps back around 2010 or so.
It will address all your issues.
They work great for me. I get great dopamine/test boost from Activate X and great cortisol regulation/memory boost from Lean Xtreme.
When I take them my libido goes up and I get thick white sperm, very healthy looking.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I was taking 15mg, definitely too much, but only like 4 days in 2 weeks then I stopped. I have no idea why I have no libido with normal test. I think it’s something to do with my fsh and lh or e2 as my semen is still watery and balls are shrunk.
Endotoxins and the subsequent inflammation are known to reduce testicular function as well as sperm quality. It also lowers LH and FSH.

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

Have you had thyroid tested ? Dry skin, low libido, increased fat are all low thyroid signs. There are loads, so i would check out the thyroid board on the patient unlocked website (UK based).

You don't seem to have any issues on testosterone as you say. FSH is the signal to tell the balls to make sperm and LH is the signal for testosterone. You have a high FSH if you are not making sperm.

Possibly paying for a private sperm test could be an easy way to see how the testicles are going. I wish i had done this years ago as it flagged up low fertility. This then lead onto the diagnosis of low thyroid. This was all in my late 30's and i just wish this had happened sooner, but we didnt try for a baby until this time. We now have a 5 y/o, but my fertility is low and probably will not change, but the thyroid has really helped my health.

Last time I had my thyroid tested everything came back normal.

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

How is your digestion?

They are all herbal, so non-hormonal, but they posted bloodwork on bodybuilding forums when they first created the supps back around 2010 or so.
They work great for me. I get great dopamine/test boost from Activate X and great cortisol regulation/memory boost from Lean Xtreme.
When I take them my libido goes up and I get thick white sperm, very healthy looking.

I wake up daily with weird nausea and it’s constant throughout the day, how would I go about increasing dopamine and decreasing serotonin?

I’ll have a look into those herbs, do you think my low lh and fsh could be causing my problems?

marsaday

Last time I had my thyroid tested everything came back normal.

Ok, i checked from a past post and these are your results.

First results:
Free t4: 13.5 pmol/L (9.0-19.0) tsh: 2.2 miu/L (0.35 - 4.94)

Second set
Free t4: 17.6 pmol/L (9.0- 19.0)
Tsh: 2.84 miu/L ( 0.35- 4.94)

All i will say from this is to make sure you get thyroid antibodies checked out. You want to rule out Hashimotoes disease. This is where the thyroid attacks itself and so the TSH is unstable and you get high and low Ft4 output. Any auto immune issues in the family ? Any thyroid issues ? If so you want to follow up any connections.

A TSH of 2 and higher is the start of things not doing so well. The ideal place for TSH is 0.5-1.

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

How is your digestion?

Do you have any links for reliable and trustworthy ashwagandha and d-aspartic acid, im based in the U.K.

Satellite

Do you have any links for reliable and trustworthy ashwagandha and d-aspartic acid, im based in the U.K.

I do not.
For masculinizing herbs I use driven sports or raw forest foods.

Satellite

I wake up daily with weird nausea and it’s constant throughout the day, how would I go about increasing dopamine and decreasing serotonin?

I’ll have a look into those herbs, do you think my low lh and fsh could be causing my problems?

Those herbs are the safest, most natural option.
Idealabs has some decent items too.
Metergoline works great for me, but it’s a drug.

Yes.
I have the same issues sometimes.
The only thing that corrects it is something that turns on my HPTA.

DAA and Tongkat Ali work best for me, especially taking both at the same time.

Steel supplements has some decent products too, but maybe not for you at this time.

Their 4-Andro converts to Test. Clubbed with arimistane my sexual organs work pretty well too. Not as well as boosting hpta though.

The secret sauce is to boost androgen receptors also.

I really need a concoction not just one herb.

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

Those herbs are the safest, most natural option.
Idealabs has some decent items too.
Metergoline works great for me, but it’s a drug.

Yes.
I have the same issues sometimes.
The only thing that corrects it is something that turns on my HPTA.

DAA and Tongkat Ali work best for me, especially taking both at the same time.

Steel supplements has some decent products too, but maybe not for you at this time.

Their 4-Andro converts to Test. Clubbed with arimistane my sexual organs work pretty well too. Not as well as boosting hpta though.

The secret sauce is to boost androgen receptors also.

I really need a concoction not just one herb.

What’s Daa?, if you don’t mind me asking

Satellite

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom