Post Finasteride/ High Cortisol/ Low Gaba

bruschi11

Hello all,

I am 28 years old in a pretty difficult spot right now that I am ready to attack. Luckily, or maybe unluckily, I have several years of bloodwork, a lot of knowledge on the adrenal system, and have successfully treated low cortisol issues in times past.

I've had issues with low cortisol issues in the past 3 years. First an HC run for 6 months and taper returned them to form. 3 months later, I lost cortisol again we believe due to not having enough testosterone to deal with stress. This would lead to body producing too much cortisol and eventually running out.

That said, I started on the allthingsmale forum and used Chilln's recipe for treating low cortisol with pregnenolone/t3 back in May. It worked amazing at first, but it was blatantly obvious I needed some sort of Testosterone booster which was clomid at the time. Clomid's effects wear off on me after 2 months or so- I started TRT with gel in July and by August I was feeling great.

Come October, I was fine, but not 100%. Was dealing with a little bit of anxiety. Something was off. Probably something to do with t3, too much preg etc. I also got bloods back showing DHT at 125 on a range of 15-75 while experiencing major hair loss.

Like an uneducated ugh, I don't even know what to call myself, I was educated and heard of the horror stories.
I told myself- in 2013 bloodwork (yes it goes back that far) you were healthy and ideal with T in 800 range and DHT in the 20s. Finasteride will get your DHT down so you can be like that again. What an idiot.

Several people convinced me that as long as I keep my hormone therapy- cortisol levels and t therapy on par, I should have no issue with finasteride besides the lower DHT and less libido. I was fine with that because I was raging with libido at unnatural levels. I thought anxiety may have been from having DHT elevated now for 4 months.

I began fin on Oct 31st, and at first I loved it. I felt more athletic, less anxiety, a ton of energy, could handle weekends of drinking and workouts like a champ. Within 2 weeks I started crashing with low cortisol again. I believe I was feeling so good before because cortisol was high. Right when the crashes happened, I knew it was time to quit immediately. Couldn't risk it anymore- this is November 15th now and I thought no way 2 weeks of this drug is going to hurt you long term.

It took a few weeks to get my cortisol dosing down again and by the weekend of December 5th I thought I was back to normal life. T therapy felt the same again, preg/t3 seemed to be working great. Then I had a long day on a Saturday out with friends didn't get home till 1am- had a similar low cortisol crash that I used to experience that Sunday night- Monday. Didn't think it was a big deal, upped t3 because usually it helps the crashes and it did at this point.

As week went on, I started having more crashes and poor sleep- very high cortisol levels as days go on with systolic blood pressure in the 140-150 range. Beforehand, I was keeping systolic in the 120- 130 range maintaining cortisol.

Last Thursday, I used way too much testosterone one day thinking I could help myself, but it led to ED/ poor libido and a horrible crash that night and the realization that I was in a post-fin case. It became painfully obvious that my T cream doses have "lengthened" where the peak used to be 1 hour or so- now they are about 2.5 hours. I was told by someone knowledgeable on the situation that this is what happens with Fin whether you have the bad syndrome or not.

Since last Thursday night, libido has been fine except for times when I went into very high cortisol, panic attack, anxiety states. I had been dosing pregnenolone very high literally between 150mg to 450mg of MLM daily. I believe the preg was killing gaba along with Fin syndrome killing GABA causing me to get into these high cortisol, high blood pressure then anxiety panic attacks follow.

Will also add that 3 years ago I had a neurotransmitter test showing GABA levels in the bottom 15% of population. I figure that low GABA may have been reason for the adrenal fatigue/low cortisol issues in the first place.

I learned on this site last night that too much preg kills GABA. I am so thankful for that knowledge as it seems the several aminos and supps for gaba support already seem to be helping. I'm just looking for support and some knowledge to help me here in this situation. I know I'm probably lucky compared to most with this Fin syndrome in terms of libido, but I can tell you that my adrenal system is definitely a bit messed up right now.

I like what I see with 5a-DHP. I have already ordered and believe it may be a big part of my healing.

Any advice and support would be great right now. I am looking at this battle with confidence, but I am still in a pretty fragile state knowing that I put that stuff in my body after all I had been through the past 3 years.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

@sladerunner69 suffers from PFS and has great results with 5a-DHP and coffee.

Progesterone (or 5a-DHP) sounds like what you need. Niacinamide also lowers cortisol and acts as a GABA agonist.

sladerunner69

Are you sure your probelms initiated with low cortisol? What were you symptoms? Dry joints? Brain fog? Constipation? And Im sure you had the rash?

5a-dhp, dht, dhea, preg should all help your endocrine system rebuild what's been lost due to the 5ar enzyme downregulation thanks to Big Pharma's finasteride.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

Thank you for the reply Dave. I am excited for 5a- DHP. It seems like that part of the cortisol production line is really what got messed up the most as we all do post fin. Right now, any preg I take immediately converts to cortisol. I'm feeling cortisol levels extremely high during the day in a bad way. Blood pressure in 135-140 range while resting. 150 range while at work. I feel that prog being just below cort on the stream may just convert to cort too quickly just like preg.

If and when I do feel ready for cortisol boosting- my plan is going to be prog as you suggest as my cortisol booster because of it being a Gaba agonist. I will look into Niacinamide. It seems like something that should work geat.

I will say that I know libido is going to revolve more around my current HCG mono/arimidex along with getting cortisol in line. It is not great right now, but there have been times in the past few days where it has been very high at low testosterone levels so although I hate the thought that it is down, the goal here is getting my cortisol system in line before anything else here. So above I write that libido is ok, I admit its not in a great place along with erection quality.

###

With the above in mind, I know that FIN syndrome is pretty much a permanent situation. Its how our bodies adapt and work with it. What I've learned to understand now is that pretty much EVERYONE who uses FIN long term gets it. Its getting our hormones in balance to be able to deal with it.

I played with fire after already being caught in a fire long term. I'm back in a fire again. I'm a bit scared I will not lie, but I won't quit.

I really would like suggestions for possible diet tips at this time (immediately after being inflicted). Also, I may plan on taking this whole week off of work to just rest and hope the adrenal system can recover. Would this be smart?

Right now, the adrenal system is in a really bad way there is no other way to put it.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

@sladerunner69 yes I had low cortisol based on several labs over 2014, 2015 and the beginning of 2016. Chilln on allthingsmale forum's preg/t3 protocol worked for me great.

Currently I am very high in cortisol. My body spirals into high cortisol states after any type of stress. I cannot deal with stress at all.

Too much preg may have been a reason for this- I am stopping that 100% right now. I am looking for the best possible rituatal to lower cortisol output and hope the body can deal with stress a lot better than it currently is. Basically, anything I do spirals the body into very high cortisol situations.

Adding to this, it really seems like gaba agonists are going to be needed for me big time. I had neurotransmitter test in 2014 showing low end gaba levels. I believe its possible Gaba has always been low and was a big reason for the eventual downregulation of my cortisol levels while realizing I probably had high cortisol levels at first.(say 2011-2013)

Last edited:

TubZy

If you have stress issues from fin like I did, 5a-DHP pretty much restored that also mag chloride too. The GABA agonism is very strong with 5a-DHP. I found for most other issues resolved with preg and dhea (100-150mg and 5mg). We have a giant thread on here where we brainstorm a bunch of stuff, it's called "post finasteride".

Other stuff you could look at is androsterone..also a GABA agonist.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

@TubZy Really amazing to hear this back from you at this point. Stress at all puts me in a pretty scary place right now.

Did you ever monitor blood pressure? Did you ever get cortisol labs done either saliva or blood?

I should be seeing 5a-DHP in the mail on Friday. Really hope it doesn't get delayed due to xmas or anything. I just feel like its painfully obvious that my cortisol production line preg-->prog--> cort is totally messed up from this most likely from now a possible serious GABA deficiency issue.

Everything I read about GABA deficiency matches what I have going on.

DaveFoster

@TubZy Really amazing to hear this back from you at this point. Stress at all puts me in a pretty scary place right now.

Did you ever monitor blood pressure? Did you ever get cortisol labs done either saliva or blood?

I should be seeing 5a-DHP in the mail on Friday. Really hope it doesn't get delayed due to xmas or anything. I just feel like its painfully obvious that my cortisol production line preg-->prog--> cort is totally messed up from this most likely from now a possible serious GABA deficiency issue.

Everything I read about GABA deficiency matches what I have going on.
Any updates? Did 5a-DHP correct any issues you have, and if not have you found any alternatives?

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

5a-DHP is part of my protocol and does something for sure. 5 days in on Shilajit and it definitely has made the biggest difference on anxiety, serotonin, cortisol control. Shilajit

That's the good news. The bad news is that it's become quite apparent I have an androgen insensitivity issue. Testosterone cypionate I had very low libido so currently back on t cream. Sure libido is solid on t cream due to the high amount of DHT, but I do not feel strong and feel very week still.

That all being said, I am strongly considering getting off of all hormones and starting to work from the ground up with the CDSnuts protocol. I realize I'm going to be horrible at the beginning having been on hormones for 8 months, but understand that may be my only shot of ever making a full rexovery.

A human being in their 20s, 30s, 40s unless for a prostate issue should never ingest finasteride. It probably will ruin the next year of my life at a minimum if I am very lucky.

2 months after my crash- after being a deep sleeper my whole life, I have yet to sleep more than a few hours at a time at night. It has been tough.

Here I am- one reason. Vanity.

Will fight and beat this, I am sure of it.

redlight

". I also got bloods back showing DHT at 125 on a range of 15-75 while experiencing major hair "

Did you experience hair loss rigt away on Trt or did it take some time? On t gel applied to the scrotum got my dht to 35o on t shots my dht was at 75

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

Yea pretty much. Hair loss was immediate. Horrible horrible decision taking fin.

PUTFOT

". I also got bloods back showing DHT at 125 on a range of 15-75 while experiencing major hair "

Did you experience hair loss rigt away on Trt or did it take some time? On t gel applied to the scrotum got my dht to 35o on t shots my dht was at 75
What dosage T? Do you think androgens applied there (like andro) will result in way more dht conversion?

@bruschi11 Did 5adhp do anything significant or was it just helpful?

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

It helped but effects weren't noticable after a couple weeks on it. Feel like it built up in system.

Yes androgens were responsible for hair loss. DHT causes hair loss- my levels were far above range. CYP causes less hair loss from less DHT conversation.

redlight

It was awhile ago i was on T gel but like 160mg daily..
When my DHT was 350 my libido was scary high.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

I don't know if you saw above. I'm in the fight for my life. I am falling apart and cannot react to testosterone.

I am probably going to stop everything and follow the cdsnuts post finasteride protocol.

DaveFoster

I don't know if you saw above. I'm in the fight for my life. I am falling apart and cannot react to testosterone.

I am probably going to stop everything and follow the cdsnuts post finasteride protocol.
Sorry to hear that. I don't have PFS, but I'm trying to reduce depressive, autistic, and anxiety symptoms. Are you still using 5a-DHP, and has it retained its effectiveness in lowering your anxiety levels?

I was just reading a thread on another forum started by @TubZy over 5a-DHP, and everyone was having great success with it to treat PFS.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

It worked initially but not for too long. Shilajit has actually been pretty good for doing so- (lowers serotonin, increases GABA).

Currently using Shilajit and tianeptine for the mental sides.

Doing a bit better than I was. My form of PFS is all a horrible CFS issue more than anything. The stress response is very bad and blame it on a possible serotonin overload.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals